Cube Stereo 160 HPC SL 2022

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
My bike arrived yesterday and after a few hours building it up I got out for a nice ride around 18miles. This is my first ebike and I was blown away by the ability to ride up steep technical sections.

As for the build it went fairly well the only problems I encountered were, battery cover not fitting correctly which I have adjusted and it’s nearly there so more improvement required. Kiox main wire is far too long and there is loads of excess I can’t seem to feed into the frame ! Front disk running on the calliper, I should be able to fix with a bit of adjustment.

All in all extremely happy with the bike and will provide a further comprehensive review when I have been out a number of times.

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
I also spoke to invisiframe regarding this model, they have the medium all done and ready to order. They are completing the large this week (30th May) for anyone interested

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
Any pictures pal
Mid build

9E388E14-7ABB-44A0-9161-08595A44CA41.jpeg

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Well that's exactly the same as mine.
Except my rear Maxxis has the white label.

Does yours also have 2 different brake levers ? (Shiny "Deore" and matte "Shimano")
Mine lacks the "160S" on the other side, don't know if it is intended that way.

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
Well that's exactly the same as mine.
Except my rear Maxxis has the white label.

Does yours also have 2 different brake levers ? (Shiny "Deore" and matte "Shimano")
Mine lacks the "160S" on the other side, don't know if it is intended that way.

How you enjoying it ?

Yes I have the two different brake levers and also the yellow label tyre came with the bike 🤷🏻‍♂️
Tbh it’s to be expected in the current climate with the state of supply chains but I’m happy with the spec and price

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I had a TM budget, but this one was in stock, and I like the color.
Maybe I'll upgrade to AT/TM parts in the future.

Last edited:

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
How you enjoying it ?
A lot. What a difference.

Yes I have the two different brake levers and also the yellow label tyre came with the bike 🤷🏻‍♂️
Tbh it’s to be expected in the current climate with the state of supply chains but I’m happy with the spec and price
I have 2 white labeled tyres, and also don't really care that they had to gather the parts together :)

Last edited:

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
What the about the stem? With the funky cable routing, does that mean you need a Cube-branded stem if you want to go 20mm shorter? And if so, are they readily available?

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
My video is out on the bike soon. I'm actually really impressed, its a big step up ride wise from the last one. Rear suspension is much better, as is the Zeb. Previous version had the Rockshox 35 which is extremely budget fork, the Zeb Select is a massive step up.
Agree, I love this bike, super happy woth my purchase 😎
Interested to watch your video and hear your thoughts.

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Don’t the cables go through the headset rather than the stem? Hopefully you could use any stem with it?
Yeah ok does kind of look like that in the pic above. If someone who has one could confirm that'd be nice. This is on my shortlist :)

Hard to imagine how the cables get past the bearing actually. Must be quite a funky setup, with the bearing set lower than normal? Might go see if I can find a manual.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
It seems like the answer to a problem that didn't exist to me. I don't think the cables look that much neater and now you've got more faff when you need to change any of them by the look of it.

rampampam

May 15, 2022
Germany
I have my 160 SL for 3 days now, its replacing my current 140 SL MY20, and my first impression was „WTF my old bike rides better”, this changed after first 20km but I guess to really fell the power of new 160 I will need to visit a bike park nearby. I already started to feel the improved handling provided by smaller wheels.

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
H

Hmm the pic from Joshwaa up the top doesn't have those cable ports though? Is that a different model?

EDIT: Yeah it's the previous model, has the kink in the top tube.
That's correct, mine is the 2022 model that does not have the top tube kink.

I will be posting some more pictures later as I snapped my dropper post cable at the seat side last night.

Today I bought a new cable and when I pulled out the old cable it had a huge kink in it from around where the cables enter the bike so going to have to do some disassembly to get the new one through !

Annoyingly I also found that the cable grub screw end is in the dropper post which makes things very awkward so going to have to work that out too !

Last night I managed to remove the battery plate and pull through the long Kiox cable so that's at least resolved.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles