Cube Stereo 160 HPC SL 2022

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
That's correct, mine is the 2022 model that does not have the top tube kink.

I will be posting some more pictures later as I snapped my dropper post cable at the seat side last night.

Today I bought a new cable and when I pulled out the old cable it had a huge kink in it from around where the cables enter the bike so going to have to do some disassembly to get the new one through !

Annoyingly I also found that the cable grub screw end is in the dropper post which makes things very awkward so going to have to work that out too !

Last night I managed to remove the battery plate and pull through the long Kiox cable so that's at least resolved.
To start with…. I forgot to take pictures 🤦🏻‍♂️
Anyway, managed to complete the job and push the cable through the housing by pushing the outer through and the cable then ran through perfectly 👍

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
Had an email that my 160tm is now at the bike shop which is nice after a six month wait.
Invisiframe still don’t have a kit for the large though so it’s a case of do I ride it or do I wait weeks for a kit to appear?
I have been in contact with them and they advised they would have it a couple of weeks ago. However the person pulled out at the last min so they don't have a large frame to measure.
They asked if I wanted to drop in my bike and they would measure and apply the protection for free, however the shop was far too far away for me. They are based in Shrewsbury Shropshire so if that's close could be a good way of getting a free protection kit for you ?

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Yep they offered me the same thing but again I’m too far away and don’t really want to post it after waiting so long for it to arrive. Come on all you Cube owners who live in Shropshire…help the rest of the country out by lending them your bike😀.

Joshwaaa

May 23, 2022
West Yorkshire
Yep they offered me the same thing but again I’m too far away and don’t really want to post it after waiting so long for it to arrive. Come on all you Cube owners who live in Shropshire…help the rest of the country out by lending them your bike😀.
Haha - You have written the wrong message you were suppose to say "Perfect that's where I live I will take my bike right away" :)

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
...Invisiframe still don’t have a kit for the large though so it’s a case of do I ride it or do I wait weeks for a kit to appear?
How close are those sticker parts to each other ? Is it really 0.1mm, or could a 'medium' kit also fit the Large model ?

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Haha - You have written the wrong message you were suppose to say "Perfect that's where I live I will take my bike right away" :)
If I lived anywhere near Shropshire I’d be rushing my bike there as fast as I could.
Pretty sure the medium kit would leave some gaps that I really wouldn’t be happy with. My mate got his medium Invisiframed and it’s pretty exact, which is a thumbs up to them for cutting it so exactly.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
That was Invisiframe themselves.
They need someone to lend them their large frame so they can make a kit from that. In return they said they'd do it for free. I guess you'd still have to pay a courier to get the bike there and back, but if you lived near them you could just drop it in and pick it up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles