Stereo Hybrid 140 vs 160

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
This probably going to get some stick, but I am looking at Cube now as Specialized are messing me about and now longer replying to my emails. Any thoughts on the 140 vs 160 for Trail use - No big jumps, No Downhill. I heard some anecdotal evidence of the Cube Stereo Hybrid being a little bit smaller in terms of fit? Should I just get the most travel for my buck, I have listened to some reviews saying this? Unfortunately in Ireland there is Zero chance getting a test ride due to Covid. Is there a difference in the 140/160 in terms of slackness in head angle. I don't want a bike that is more like a boat to turn, if that makes sense

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
"Trail use, no big jumps, no down hill" would suggest to me the 140 with 29" wheels would be better suited to your needs. I got one last year as my requirements from the bike matched yours. That said I have encountered a few steep trails that have been dug with some drops and jumps and the bike has coped fine with everything I am brave enough to attempt, which is nothing to extreme I must add.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
"Trail use, no big jumps, no down hill" would suggest to me the 140 with 29" wheels would be better suited to your needs. I got one last year as my requirements from the bike matched yours. That said I have encountered a few steep trails that have been dug with some drops and jumps and the bike has coped fine with everything I am brave enough to attempt, which is nothing to extreme I must add.
Agree

Defo size up as well if boarderline. Chart said medium, I managed to demo a large with the seat forward and bar rolled back. Absolutely fine. Went with a medium, absolutely fine

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve got the 140, done about 2800 miles on it, and it’s a great do it all ebike. Fire tracks, bike parks, single track mtb runs, a bit of road riding and it takes it all in its stride.

I’m 5’10 and went with the medium, and would say it’s spot on. My wife is 5’7 and it fits her as well, so she can use it too.

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I went for Large as 5’11”. Hopefully will have it next week. Will I need a side entry bottle cage? Any recommendations for mud gourds or any spares I should have

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I went for Large as 5’11”. Hopefully will have it next week. Will I need a side entry bottle cage? Any recommendations for mud gourds or any spares I should have
You probably will need a side entry.Did with my medium. I went for a fidlock bottle and its a great option other than when wearing really thick gloves.I've got a bolt on Proguard at the front and mud hugger rear and happy with both. Spares should include a powerlock link and spare derailleur hanger.Get tubeless done before collection

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
The rrp proguard is good up front. I bought a zefal rear but it was no good at all.
This one worked but it occasionally buzzes the rest tyre.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles