Cube stereo hybrid 140

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
My cube started to develop very squeking and clicking noise when pedaling. I checked seat post, seat clamp and changed pedals, noise of clicking and squeaking is still there. When I pedal gently there is no noise, when I push harder it start to click and I can feel on pedals something is wrong. I just want to say that I drove 80 percent tarmac 15 % fire roads and occasionaly forest road and bike is already developing sounds, not only sounds but u can feel something is wrong in drivetrain or cranks or something. If my dealer told me that this bike is only for tarmac I wouldnt bought it in the first place. I bought it coz of good reviews etc now I am really disapointed with bike. Imagine I would drove it like Rob Rides ride it ?It would be useless in a week. This bike costed me 3500 pounds and now I must walk to job coz my dealer is booked several days or even weeks. I even wonder it will be warranty repair or I will have to pay for repair? Its sad that trail bike broke so fast when u drive it on trail, itis 2 month old bike. Sorry for rant im really disapointed, winter is coming soon and I cant enjoy beautiful weather. Looks like u have to buy downhill ebike to drive it on forest road and not broke it these days. Seems like Cube was cuting expense on the things u cant really check the quality of them anywhere.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
If you fell something wrong I think the best advise you can get is to visit shop (sonner than latter) for an inspetion .

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
I wouldn’t be to disappointed with your choice it’s a good bike and more than capable on most trails. I personally ride mine hard and apart from a broken headset bearing which was from a bad landing it been fine.

Sounds like it’s the motor which has worked loose, it does seem to be a common issue, not just on cubes I’ve had it with other brands I’ve owned. Definitely best not to mess with it yourself as you can easily crack the frame. hopefully it will be a quick fix.

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
Issue solved, original cube pedals total crap, also seat post needed to be cleaned and lube. No more sounds. Also chain has to be replaced after 1.6 k kilometers

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
Update to post, creaking is still present now and then, motor loose problems, which happens every couple of months. I drive bike back to the dealer, they solve the problem and we repeat process every couple of months. Sad..

Lasse

May 22, 2020
Norway
Update to post, creaking is still present now and then, motor loose problems, which happens every couple of months. I drive bike back to the dealer, they solve the problem and we repeat process every couple of months. Sad..
Make sure they use a blue loctite and CORRECT torques. Ask them to list what exact torques that has been used and tequest the same information from Cube.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles