Cube Hybrid Stereo 140 2020 bash plate

Lleknird

Aug 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
Hi everyone - I cased a jump today and broke the plastic guard under the motor. Anybody know:

1. what’s it’s called?
2. Where I can get one from?
3. Is it a part from Bosch or Cube?

thanks!

5DFF95B1-7B7A-4699-AF79-0FE8AD5C1103.jpeg

9ADA905F-9068-4BBA-8682-7F2606711C16.jpeg

antti86

Subscriber
Jul 27, 2020
Finland

Lleknird

Aug 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
Looks good but doesn’t look like they do them for 2020 cube stereo. They only have ones that go over the existing plastic cover.

Looks like I need to contact cube.

Spanner Monkey

Jul 27, 2020
Bournemouth
I like looked for a decent bash plate and found nothing worth spending money on, the rockguards one for the gen 4 looks like a piece of junk that doesn’t even fit properly plus carbon fibre is really not the best material for a bash plate as it doesn’t handle sharp point impacts well at all. The Stand Up one looks far better but I dont like the idea of attaching to the threaded inserts in the frame and it appears to be attached at the back with velcro . If you really took a massive knock you could tear them out of the frame so I fettled my own from 2mm T3 Aircraft Alloy which is seriously tough stuff, I attached it with flexible urethane rubber adhesive to allow it to fully spread the load of a big hit, I doubt Ill ever be able to get it off again as the urethane is mega strong, however there should never be a need to remove it as the bash guard is removable with this still fitted. I haven’t tested it fully yet and Im not gonna go out and try to break my bike deliberately but it’s definitely a lot tougher than the stock guard.
D4B0B0FD-B083-407B-A44B-5C17C372C3D9.jpeg
6F706567-D05E-4D4B-9784-BF64A9A4194A.jpeg
56DD9CFD-76A5-40EA-9E7B-8789D371793D.jpeg
4E803A04-E6DB-45EE-AE68-6479E5A2D21B.jpeg

Chris.Lomas

Jul 20, 2020
Rotherham
I like looked for a decent bash plate and found nothing worth spending money on, the rockguards one for the gen 4 looks like a piece of junk that doesn’t even fit properly plus carbon fibre is really not the best material for a bash plate as it doesn’t handle sharp point impacts well at all. The Stand Up one looks far better but I dont like the idea of attaching to the threaded inserts in the frame and it appears to be attached at the back with velcro . If you really took a massive knock you could tear them out of the frame so I fettled my own from 2mm T3 Aircraft Alloy which is seriously tough stuff, I attached it with flexible urethane rubber adhesive to allow it to fully spread the load of a big hit, I doubt Ill ever be able to get it off again as the urethane is mega strong, however there should never be a need to remove it as the bash guard is removable with this still fitted. I haven’t tested it fully yet and Im not gonna go out and try to break my bike deliberately but it’s definitely a lot tougher than the stock guard. View attachment 38857 View attachment 38860 View attachment 38859 View attachment 38858
Looks a good piece of work fellow ??

AlliumPorrum

Aug 17, 2020
Finland
I like looked for a decent bash plate and found nothing worth spending money on, the rockguards one for the gen 4 looks like a piece of junk that doesn’t even fit properly plus carbon fibre is really not the best material for a bash plate as it doesn’t handle sharp point impacts well at all. The Stand Up one looks far better but I dont like the idea of attaching to the threaded inserts in the frame and it appears to be attached at the back with velcro . If you really took a massive knock you could tear them out of the frame so I fettled my own from 2mm T3 Aircraft Alloy which is seriously tough stuff, I attached it with flexible urethane rubber adhesive to allow it to fully spread the load of a big hit, I doubt Ill ever be able to get it off again as the urethane is mega strong, however there should never be a need to remove it as the bash guard is removable with this still fitted. I haven’t tested it fully yet and Im not gonna go out and try to break my bike deliberately but it’s definitely a lot tougher than the stock guard.

That's nice!! (y) I think I'll do the same, but could you please give the exact name/code for the "flexible urethane rubber adhesive" that you are using...?

Spanner Monkey

Jul 27, 2020
Bournemouth
That's nice!! (y) I think I'll do the same, but could you please give the exact name/code for the "flexible urethane rubber adhesive" that you are using...?
The stuff I used was aircraft stuff that was out of date for use on live aircraft(so probably ridiculously expensive) but if you look on Ebay for polyurethane adhesive sealant you'll find much the same thing,
car bond 940fc made by soudal looks like its very similar. its normally used on cars and its fantastic stuff, it dries to a fairly hard super strong polyurethane rubber that doesn't peel away like silicone does. Im sure black silicone would also work though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles