Cube Stereo Hybrid 140

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Took this one out for a quick 30 min blast this weekend. Lovely bike, but the Bosch CX motor is so loud!

099CFCC1-40D3-480A-9E75-83418F5331C1.jpeg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Did it out you off?

It's one of the bikes on my 'hit list'...

How's the drag on the motor over 25kph?

Thanks
M
I liked it a lot. But the Bosch motor isn’t for me. I find it too noisy. In terms of bike value, well specced compared to competition (other than the Vitus) and I liked the look of it.

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
Excuse the poor typing (should have been 'put you off')

I have ridden a bosch motor and didn't mind the noise, but that was just on tarmac, no real load. Didn't push it past the 25kph but i've read the motors are really draggy..

I agree, lovely looking bit of kit and well specced compared to the levo I'm looking at for similar cash.

M

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I notice the noise from the Bosch more on tarmac than I do on dirt, maybe because there's not so much chain and suspension clatter. It does serve as a warning to others on the trail though, several times people have said they've heard me coming...
I don't think the drag is too bad personally, I can sit at 20 mph on tarmac quite easily, but I have ridden anything with a Brose or Shimano motor for over 2 years.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Bumping this thread as I have been spending a bit of time recently riding with Simon from Nirvana bikes in the Surrey Hills. He owns the shop, and has built a lot of the trails up on Leith Hill/Abinger common over the last 30 years, including some of the famous ones.

He uses the shops demo Cube 140, and is a hell of a rider. What has struck me is that the motor is pretty much silent on his bike, I cant hear it at all when riding with him. Its Brose levels of quiet.

Stefaan

Sep 24, 2018
Belgium
Bumping this thread as I have been spending a bit of time recently riding with Simon from Nirvana bikes in the Surrey Hills. He owns the shop, and has built a lot of the trails up on Leith Hill/Abinger common over the last 30 years, including some of the famous ones.

He uses the shops demo Cube 140, and is a hell of a rider. What has struck me is that the motor is pretty much silent on his bike, I cant hear it at all when riding with him. Its Brose levels of quiet.
I’ve test driven several cube 2019 models with my wife yesterday and i can comfirm that all the models we tested (6 in total with bosh motor) are complete silent. I’ve driven them all in emtb mode of bosh.
My shimano motor makes alot more noise then the cube bosh bikes.

Jan 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Has anybody else had problems with the Bosch Purion on this bike? After 4 weeks of ownership (and it had been in the garage most of that time) and on my 3rd ride I started getting a message saying the display battery needed replacing. I don't expect that on a new bike. I've heard on other parts of the internet that this is a bit of an issue and is temperamental. I'm not really feeling this Purion (buttons too clunky and not good for gloves wearers). This is a really good bike with a great motor. Just feel Bosch could've done better than the Purion.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
In my riding group(s) I know at least 4 Cubes (recente purchases) with purion. None with batery issues until now (as far as I know about). I agree that the purion unit lacks refinement.
Would like also to see the possibility to have some control over parameters levels (ex. an user defined mode) .

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Would like also to see the possibility to have some control over parameters levels (ex. an user defined mode) .
The Nyon head unit has that feature but you have to pay Bosch for the privilege...

The Nyon and Intuvia head units sit over the stem and are pretty vulnerable and still require a control unit in the same place as the Purion. I wish Bosch would develop an under-bar solution like Shimano.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles