CUBE Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Actionteam

cousin jack

Oct 30, 2019
cornwall
hi. thinking of upgrading to the CUBE Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Actionteam .
Would appreciate what any current owners think of this model and is it worth the extra £800 over the Trail Motion?
Also, what sort of range are people getting from the 625wh battery and the new bosch gen 4 motor.
Please include any faults/problems with the bike.

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
There's a guy on YouTube who's been posting videos up all week riding this bike he's also fitted a speed box 3 to his seems to go very well ?

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
I've got the TM, tbh I don't feel short changed not going for the TA but it's the flagship model that's lots cheaper than others ? the tm model has also got a good review in the new e mountain bike iss ue for bikes about £5k

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Would appreciate what any current owners think of this model and is it worth the extra £800 over the Trail Motion?
Also, what sort of range are people getting from the 625wh battery and the new bosch gen 4 motor.
Search the forum for "action team" and "actionteam" as recent threads with replies about this bike have already been posted.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I also went for the TM version,as i couldn't justify the extra cost for the Action Team. Also couldn't see many advantages. The Action team has Shimano components, the TM has Sram + Magura brakes. I like the Magura brakes

cousin jack

Oct 30, 2019
cornwall
Done yesterday Cube 140 GEN4 motor :
trail ride 48Km , 1050 m positive climb, Most of the time in Eco or Trail.
ended with 50% remain charge in the 625 wh battery
that's pretty impressive range, definitely gonna demo one soon....thanks.

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
I also went for the TM version,as i couldn't justify the extra cost for the Action Team. Also couldn't see many advantages. The Action team has Shimano components, the TM has Sram + Magura brakes. I like the Magura brakes

The Magura MT7's are good, but so are Shimano XT's. I love Shimano because as the "standard" they they are so easy to service and maintain wherever you are in the world. Magura seem to be a pain in the ass for many bike shops.

As for the rest of the spec on the Action Team, it's a step up in terms of component pricing and quality if you google them individually... but will you notice it much? Not sure, but for me it was a no-brainer as my company contributed 50% as part of a cycle scheme.

I do however by far prefer the grey and orange colour scheme on the TM though. :)

that's pretty impressive range, definitely gonna demo one soon....thanks.
I did 76k last weekend, with a mix of up and downhill, mainly using Eco and Tour modes with a bit of EMTB mode if it got really steep, and still had 25% left when I got back. Epic battery life. :)

Last edited:

Winchuff

Sep 16, 2022
Bristol, UK

I have a 2022 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM.

I'm very happy with the performance of the componentry, and although, being a tweaker, it'd be fun to have more suspension knobs to twiddle, I doubt (without a Shockwiz or other telemetry) I could reliably improve upon the already excellent performance of the TM's suspension. I'd probably just be fussing about it all the time. Now that I've removed a volume spacer from both the fork and the shock, I no longer think about the suspension. It's very good.

And I love the Magura brakes.

The SRAM transmission works very well, although I think having Shimano would allow for cheaper or more durable (Link-Glide) wear-part replacements.

That said, the Action Team is excellent value.

Toomba

Jun 3, 2022
Yamahar1
I have a 2022 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM.

I'm very happy with the performance of the componentry, and although, being a tweaker, it'd be fun to have more suspension knobs to twiddle, I doubt (without a Shockwiz or other telemetry) I could reliably improve upon the already excellent performance of the TM's suspension. I'd probably just be fussing about it all the time. Now that I've removed a volume spacer from both the fork and the shock, I no longer think about the suspension. It's very good.

And I love the Magura brakes.

The SRAM transmission works very well, although I think having Shimano would allow for cheaper or more durable (Link-Glide) wear-part replacements.

That said, the Action Team is excellent value.
Didn’t know the fox forks and shock had volume spacers fitted on the 2022 TM’s
How did it feel after you removed them?

Winchuff

Sep 16, 2022
Bristol, UK
Didn’t know the fox forks and shock had volume spacers fitted on the 2022 TM’s
How did it feel after you removed them?
Well, as it came from the factory, with fork pressure as recommended on the fork leg and with the rear shock at ~28%, I wasn't using all the travel in fork or shock, on trails where I should have.

After taking a spacer from the front fork, I'm now using all the travel and it feels nice and plush.

I needed to buy a smaller spacer for the rear shock:

FOX FLOATX 2022 Shock Volume Spacer 0.4"³ Plastic Teal

So I went from 0.6+0.1 to 0.4+0.1

This brought the plushness I was looking for and front and rear feel nicely balanced.

Last edited:

Toomba

Jun 3, 2022
Yamahar1
Well, as it came from the factory, with fork pressure as recommended on the fork leg and with the rear shock at ~28%, I wasn't using all the travel in fork out shock, on trails where I should have.

After taking a spacer from the front fork, I'm now using all the travel and it feels nice and plush.

I needed to buy a smaller spacer for the rear shock:

FOX FLOATX 2022 Shock Volume Spacer 0.4"³ Plastic Teal

So I went from 0.6+0.1 to 0.4+0.1

This brought the plushness I was looking for and front and rear feel nicely balanced.
thanks for the info
I have a 2022 160TM and feel the forks are a little harsh but only done 120 miles so might take time to bed in failing that I will remove the spacer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles