Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC SL - vs Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SL

koli99

Dec 23, 2020
Slovenia
Hello all!

This is my first post on this forum, so please be gentle:)

Ok, so I don't have eMTB yet. Now I'm riding on my wife GIANT FATHOM E+3 POWER 29 2020, but I would like to have a fully.
I've been reading, analyzing, etc... the bikes available here (Slovenia) and have decided on Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SL. I've already decided on the purchase when sobody took the bike 5s before me:mad:.
As you know at moment there are no bikes anywhere so I'm waiting for new supply (who knows when). Few days ago one shop (not so close, 2h drive from my home so if somethng is wrong with bike its a pain to drive it back...) posted that they have on stock Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC SL. I didn't put too much attention to it, when today they posted new discounted price (3.990,00 EUR).
What's the issue..., basically it's do I really need 170mm fork (Zee) in comparisson 140mm (Fox34), should I compensate Sram NX for Shimano XT and so on. But on the other hand, will I even have an opportunity to buy SH140 SL, and the price for SH160SL is also luring...

I live in a house on top of the hill, so there is pleanty of opportunity to use Zee fork (although I'm not performing any jumps?), I run on gravel but also some road (so basically all terrain).

As this is not something to rush at it, if I wait too long SH160SL will be taken.

So if you have any comments, please share!

Greetings from Slovenia

Jure

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Thats the 1000000$ question for Santa! :alien:
I have the 140 and my wife have the 160 . She went for the 160 in size S due to the (slightly) lower stand-over. In my opinion the differences btw these bikes are small . The 140 is a little more dot it all, and the 160 a little more gravity and agile bike, but, as I said (my opinion) for the average use, both perform well and are very similar . For me one big dif is the front of the 160 is heavier due to the ZEE .

koli99

Dec 23, 2020
Slovenia
Thanks for replies. I know thats better than none, but its not like buying t-shirt. I expect to use the bike for at least couple of years so I have to think twice before choosing one...
So based on GGX post, there should not be any major differences in ride feeling?

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
Hi guys

I had the same question before deciding, in the end I've decided for the 160 HPC SL solely because I wanted more travel
I am used to Fox suspension, as I own also a classic enduro bike with Fox suspension front&back, with same 160 mm travel so I wanted to keep this 160mm travel option for the ebike, also

Actually, I mainly ride on asphalt (Bucharest), so I need to work a bit more on the padles, but in the same time, I do have a motor to help :) and keep the comfort /plush feeling during the ride.

Moreover, when I will be going in the mountains, I am relaxed knowing that I can count on the 160mm travel

Bottom line:
1. wanted to keep the plush 160mm travel
2. motor helps in pushing the bike, compensating the more effort needed on pedals
3. for Enduro/MTB, in the mountains, I know I can count on a more than decent travel
4. last, but defenetly not the least.... the price difference between the two

So far I am really impressed with the bike, brakes, shifters (and I am a Shimano fan), battery range even in cold weather (0-5° C),and the suspension is more than satisfying so far

I've ordered my 160 HPC SL around 20th of Nov, bike shop delibery estimate was for Feb, and surprise... it was delivered to me last week

Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles