Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC SL 625 Brake pads help

Jasext

Mar 27, 2020
Swansea Valley
Hi Guys, looking to get a new set of pads for the front and rear but cant seem to find what they, i know they are magura but dont know which ones, anyone able to offer some help as to what ones i need?
many thanks

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Not sure exactly what calipers you have. My Cube has MT Thirty kit with a 4 piston front and 2 piston rear.
4 piston can be 9.c or 9.p or 9.r (Comfort, Performance or Race ....I think p is standard). The 9 series is 2 pads sharing a mount plate where the 8 series is 4 descrete pads. 9 was stock but I changed to 8...just had to use the supplied cotter pins with them. (Sorry not cotter pins - Allen head screws)
If you have a 2 piston rear I'd say 7 series c,p,r.

Last edited:

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Hi. Had my 160 SL for a month or so now and have the stock Magura brakes. I read on an earlier post that they are specific to this manufacturer (Cube) and what i needed was MT6/MT7

If you are in the UK, i got four packs of brakes from UberBike - can't rate them highly enough. £12.99 a set

On their website -
Uberbike E-Matrix Magura MT5 - MT5 ESTOP - MT7 PRO - MT1893 Anniversary Edition E-Bike / Endurance Disc Brake Pads

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
I’ve bought Magura 4 pot pads and Shimano pads from Noah&Theo on eBay. Loads of different pad types; resin, sintered, ceramic etc. Cheep as chips compared with brands, so not a deal breaker if you want to experiment.

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
look for MT5 pads, those will be the same as what you have.
MT7 will fit as well but then you need the screws as well (official Magura pads come with those screws, but aftermarket may not)
MT5 are two pads per side which are attached to each other. a bit more of a fus to take out and assemble but not difficult.
1600079754814.png

MT7 are 4 separate (2 per side) easier to install and potentially more accurate braking (i guess) but more expensive.
1600079805231.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles