2024 Strive:ON

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Same here using a lot of mid stroke on CRF S and I ride with rebound very Open.
So I add some compression and 5psi of air to see and look like it's better.
Did that to try before adding a token as I'm not sure I want to go that route as I just use the full travel.
it's the mid stroke that I miss or I feel I miss

Wondering how a coil would fit on Strive ON

MY setting on FOX X2: 75 kg naked 180 PSI 15 click LSR / 10 Click LSC

Last edited:

Jackwithoneye

Jun 23, 2023
marseille
a small feeback after a full week in various alps Bikeparks in France and Italy.

I can say i'm really glad with how the bike react in hard and shacky bikeparks conditions.

The Fox38 is a blast, it saved my ass on front bad jump landings more than once.

This bike is very capable, a real multitool for someone who has only one bike, you can go downhill (not world cup level of course), enduro, trail, climbs amazingly.

Rotor bolts on my rear brake were not well tighten, please guys, think to check that before getting into rough conditions.... all the factory torques are not accurate, it's good to make a good all around check of the bike, for your safety and the bike's durability

Last edited:

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
BY the way does somebody have fox factory setting for the X2 performance?

I can only find the X2 factory one's but number of click don't match with the performance.
My performance has 18 LSR and 22 LSC click

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Out of interest for those who fitted a OneUp dropper, did you keep the factory cable and just swap the post and remote out, or did you also swap the cable? I was just going to swap the post and remote, but wasn't sure if there was a reason I'd need to change the cable as well?

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Out of interest for those who fitted a OneUp dropper, did you keep the factory cable and just swap the post and remote out, or did you also swap the cable? I was just going to swap the post and remote, but wasn't sure if there was a reason I'd need to change the cable as well?
At first I just swapped the dropper and left the cable & remote as it's a straight swap....then Hope launched that dropper remote and I couldn't resist so replaced that also.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
At first I just swapped the dropper and left the cable & remote as it's a straight swap....then Hope launched that dropper remote and I couldn't resist so replaced that also.
Thanks. Did you replace the cable or just the lever?

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Also, I'm guessing that nobody with the standard CFR forks (Fox 38 Performance Elite) has fitted a threaded EDC V2?

I'm in contact with OneUp and they have suggested that there's 3 steerer types with the Fox 38 and it's not always clear which fork will get which type. As such, it seems that the one used on the CFR has the narrow part too high to accommodate the EDC V2.

Obviously @Rob Rides EMTB fitted Factory forks, so didn't run into the same issue. I guess the steerer must be the same width on the outside so it doesn't affect compatibility with the bike...?

It's slightly annoying, but I think OneUp are going to put things right the best they can, even if it means I might have to go for an EDC Lite instead.

Just not sure whether to keep the regular EDC in my EDC pump so I have the additional tools - chain breaker, etc. Or send it back. Seems a bit silly having two of the EDC multi tools on me.

My other multitool is a really old Topeak Alien though, and that thing weighs a ton.

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
You should try the Granite Rt stash multi tool,got one on my Bronson & it's very good,no need to tap the steerer, quick & easy to fit.
Also have their tyre plug & worm tool in both bikes,fits in the end of your handlebar & your grip fits over the top,very neat solution.

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
Why not just order that little bag thing and put a normal multi-tool in there?

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Why not just order that little bag thing and put a normal multi-tool in there?
That's what I've done, plus you can get a tube & tyre levers I there as well,makes more sense,not a fan of the look particularly though.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Coming soon. Peaty’s Trail Tool Wrap.

0E18DCE4-0C20-4F10-BA6F-E44A6F61B9E6.jpeg

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Sorry to speak again about rear suspension with X2 shock and maybe I worry for nothing as I like how the bike ride.

But it look like I use a lot of travel easily. I'm 75 KG 180 Psi that set me a bit under 30% of sag.
Even going up by some fireman road quite smooth I use more than 50% of the travel. this avoiding bump on that road if I don't I'm more at 75% of travel used going up.
Is that normal?

You can see where the O-ring seat after going up by smooth road and also a picture of how that road to climb up to top of bike park look like. Nothing demanding on rear suspension.

I thought that Fabien Barrel said that the Strive on suspension was made to have a lot of mid stroke support?

tempImageO3oJjF.png tempImageI03qqt.png

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Sorry to speak again about rear suspension with X2 shock and maybe I worry for nothing as I like how the bike ride.

But it look like I use a lot of travel easily. I'm 75 KG 180 Psi that set me a bit under 30% of sag.
Even going up by some fireman road quite smooth I use more than 50% of the travel. this avoiding bump on that road if I don't I'm more at 75% of travel used going up.
Is that normal?

You can see where the O-ring seat after going up by smooth road and also a picture of how that road to climb up to top of bike park look like. Nothing demanding on rear suspension.

I thought that Fabien Barrel said that the Strive on suspension was made to have a lot of mid stroke support?

View attachment 120155 View attachment 120156
I've always found the rear Fox shock on my Orbea Rise to be overly 'soft' if I set the PSI according to the Fox recommendation and at 30% sag. I get a way better feel and a more managed use of the shock stroke if I set to 25% sag. I know they are different bike with different kinematics but it's free to try and could be a very easy and quick fix

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
That is what I also want to try. Just thinking I will loose some sensitivity over small hit.

It's my first bike with X2

Don’t focus too much on simply minimizing stroke use under pedaling IMO, make it feel good and let the motor help overcome inefficiencies. It’s hard to comment on the 75% without knowing ascent speed and body dynamics when you hit the “bump.”

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
I'm going up at about 15 to 18Km/h sitting on the saddle. So minimum body dynamic.

I don't care about efficiency going up. It's just a bad moment to go through to enjoy the downhill.
It's just that going up on this bike I can look at the shock and see how much stroke I use for almost flat surface so I'm wondering what is happening going down? Am I always between 50% and 95%? Using too much mid stroke.

Also when I bike with friend shuttling up they often comment that I'm very down from the back
I will also try with less air in the fork I'm at 18% of sag. Maybe it will change the balance

PS:I did a more accurate sag checking and I'm at 27.5% exactly ( 17.9mm measured with caliper)

Last edited:

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I'm going up at about 15 to 18Km/h sitting on the saddle. So minimum body dynamic.

I don't care about efficiency going up. It's just a bad moment to go through to enjoy the downhill.
It's just that going up on this bike I can look at the shock and see how much stroke I use for almost flat surface so I'm wondering what is happening going down? Am I always between 50% and 95%? Using too much mid stroke.

Also when I bike with friend shuttling up they often comment that I'm very down from the back
I will also try with less air in the fork I'm at 18% of sag. Maybe it will change the balance

PS:I did a more accurate sag checking and I'm at 27.5% exactly ( 17.9mm measured with caliper)
Also worth trying a small volume spacer?

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
To my understanding Volume spacer help mostly on end stroke. If I get it right
I think it will not help much mid stroke
X2 graph spacer vs no spacer
Capture 2023-07-14 à 17.32.59.jpg

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK

Is that normal?

View attachment 120155 View attachment 120156
Nice view! What goggles are those? 👍

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Did some test pedaling on the road access to my house ( dirt road) try 180 psi Compression fully open then fully closed then 185 psi Compression fully open then fully close. it's always about 50% of travel used No change.

look like it goes very easy through the first 50%. Maybe it's because it's the first bike where I can see the shock when pedaling that I get paranoid 😃

Some tester on PB have use telemetry and find out the best set up on his fox shock was Fully open LSR and fully closed LSC. I will try that tomorow.

An other tester on Bike radar says that the Fox X2 need to be ride with every thing fully open!

Ghoetic

Jul 17, 2019
Sweden
had the Bike for 8 days now, and i am still blown away how fun it is just to ride, it just handles so good on everything.

I have it standing inside in my hallway and everytime i look at it i just want to go.

Getting used to the new saddle brought some initial discomfort but its getting significantly better every ride, ass pain is the only thing holding me from riding all the time.

I need to wrap this bike, i love it.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Did some test pedaling on the road access to my house ( dirt road) try 180 psi Compression fully open then fully closed then 185 psi Compression fully open then fully close. it's always about 50% of travel used No change.

look like it goes very easy through the first 50%. Maybe it's because it's the first bike where I can see the shock when pedaling that I get paranoid 😃

Some tester on PB have use telemetry and find out the best set up on his fox shock was Fully open LSR and fully closed LSC. I will try that tomorow.

An other tester on Bike radar says that the Fox X2 need to be ride with every thing fully open!
I think that's a regular criticism of Fox suspension; that you need to ride with everything open unless you're on the heavier side.

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Went this morning to test LSR fully open and LSC 3/4 closed felt super good downhill. Bike have very good pop for jump and felt very stable on rock garden.
I try LSC fully closed but was too harsh. try LSC half open and felt using too much travel.

Still using 50% to 75% of travel going uphill but I think I will try forget about that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles