Levo SL Gen 1 2022 Levo SL has dropped..

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
And to my dissapointmnt it does not have the new TCU ...

I assume there must a massive shortage , and Spec will make it an upgradable accessory when it does come available . Well I hope all 2019 and up bikes will be able to fit it.

But I do find it strange that the KenevoSL has it and not the 2022 LevoSL .

Review video :

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I'm not interested in displayed information other than how much battery I have left, but I do look at BLEvo ride logs in Excel. Most of the time I want to see how steep the trail was, how much power I was putting into the bike, what my cadence was, and how much power the motor was putting into the bike.

One thing this data analysis showed me is that I was generating much less power on some climbs, even though it felt like I was working really hard. I thought the motor assist was less, maybe because the motor was hot. But the data showed that motor assist always follows the same "rule" for my mode setting. The bike was always assisting the same, but on some days *I* was different. Without data logs, I would have continued suspecting that there was something wrong with the bike.

The new TCU encodes data going in and out, so BLEvo can't communicate with it. See Paolo's "game over" thread.

A1000

Aug 16, 2021
UK
While the TCU upgrade is interesting and a nice to have it'll be interesting to learn more about the Firmware upgrade and changes. Not sure I'll be running down to get it upgraded until there's a bit more info as I'm pretty happy with my 2021 Levo SL but if it adds some marginal gains from another year's experience then that's great. Good to see Specialized developing the Levo SL system and making the benefits available to all👍

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So the long and short........... It's EXACTLY the same as last years SL. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, but look at that from a marketing perspective.

There will now be 1000's less people saying "I bought a bike some time in the last 30 years and you made a better one and now I'm pi55ed off" :)

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Yes, but look at that from a marketing perspective.

There will now be 1000's less people saying "I bought a bike some time in the last 30 years and you made a better one and now I'm pi55ed off" :)
So true, I'm not peed off one little bit, thanks again Spesh😀. Winner winner chicken chop suey.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
All I want from a display is how much battery I've got left! Id sooner see them finish the existing bikes properly and sort out a proper LH cable exit on the alloy bikes!!! Specialized rider care are you listening??

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
Seems like no S sizing for this model on the LEVO SL. Seems like 2023 model will be the one with the redesign. Hopefully it'll have a slightly slacker HTA, slightly steeper STA and S-sizing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles