Has anyone installed a dropper post on a 2018 Turbo Levo?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I'm thinking of doing it myself but concerned about fishing the cable through the bottom bracket. Is this problematic? Will it require removing the motor? Thanks!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I'm thinking of doing it myself but concerned about fishing the cable through the bottom bracket. Is this problematic? Will it require removing the motor? Thanks!
It doesn’t go through the bottom bracket, it runs over the top the motor and up the seat tube.
A 2018 Levo is super easy to run a dropper because the battery drops out exposing the cables and hoses. Remove the top left cover and run the cable up the seat tube.

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
It doesn’t go through the bottom bracket, it runs over the top the motor and up the seat tube.
A 2018 Levo is super easy to run a dropper because the battery drops out exposing the cables and hoses. Remove the top left cover and run the cable up the seat tube.
Bump this. Super easy to route the dropper.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
When you drop the battery out of the frame you will see the clips that retain the dropper post cable housing clipped to the top of the downtube above the installed battery. On my 2018 levo FSR comp, the model just above the base model, the dropper cable housing has a clear polyethylene tubing piece slid over the cable housing snuggly to protect it as it bends up into the seat tube to go to the post. Can't quite see it but there must be some sharp edges where the tubes come together when welded that could gouge the cable housing. You could pick up a piece of this tubing at Home Depot very easily and I would add that as a precaution since the company does it. It is very easy to do this just takes a bit of time. I installed my own 9point 8 dropper post and had no trouble except that when you adjust the length of the cable housing they protection tubing which is very snug will shift with it and you must hold it in place so it doesn't shift past the sharp edge. This piece of tubing is not very long so it's a bit difficult to reach the fingers down in there and hold it in place while you slide the cable housing to the right amount to cut the excess off. Good luck.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
When you drop the battery out of the frame you will see the clips that retain the dropper post cable housing clipped to the top of the downtube above the installed battery. On my 2018 levo FSR comp, the model just above the base model, the dropper cable housing has a clear polyethylene tubing piece slid over the cable housing snuggly to protect it as it bends up into the seat tube to go to the post. Can't quite see it but there must be some sharp edges where the tubes come together when welded that could gouge the cable housing. You could pick up a piece of this tubing at Home Depot very easily and I would add that as a precaution since the company does it. It is very easy to do this just takes a bit of time. I installed my own 9point 8 dropper post and had no trouble except that when you adjust the length of the cable housing they protection tubing which is very snug will shift with it and you must hold it in place so it doesn't shift past the sharp edge. This piece of tubing is not very long so it's a bit difficult to reach the fingers down in there and hold it in place while you slide the cable housing to the right amount to cut the excess off. Good luck.
three questions: what size is your frame? did you get the 200 mm? and, what lever did you choose? ok, 4 questions: how do you like it?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Wow, it was super easy, pulled the battery, opened the plate on the left side, piece of cake... No2 I just have to learn that the lever isn't a shifter, my instinct is to go to it to shift... which of course won't work!

Last edited:

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
dropper 1.jpg
dropper2.jpg

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
three questions: what size is your frame? did you get the 200 mm? and, what lever did you choose? ok, 4 questions: how do you like it?
Frame is large, only got the 100 mm (Short legs and long torso), ordered the digit remote made by wolf tooth which is superior ergonomically, and I absolutely love this dropper post. No hydraulics no problems just grease the bushings when it gets slow in responding. Hope this helps

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
No2 I just have to learn that the lever isn't a shifter, my instinct is to go to it to shift... which of course won't work!
No worries, this will become a second nature after a few rides. I came all the way from "how and when do I use this thing?" to "how did I even live without it?" in no time )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles