Yt Decoy TERRIBLE SERVICE

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
I'm so fed up of YT. I've sent several emails with no response about my order I placed in May. Not even a single update or reply to me.
I even tried calling them, after been on hold for 15min I hung up...... Not a very good start for a new customer, I guess taking £6000 of my money isn't enough to warrant a bit of communication and customer service.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I agree, the ongoing delays are painful but the communication is crap. Wouldn’t be so bad if they kept customers informed especially when they have a very large dollop of folks money.
That being said, it is a really nice bike when it finally turns up.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I don’t know if I will buy a bike one day from YT, but I think you overreact. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not speaking perfectly your language and perhaps I badly express what I feel.
It’s totally normal to get upset when you don’t have any information, especially after paying this amount. Perhaps you can phone them instead of mailing them? I perfectly understand your angriness. I think YT is having a huge success with their Decoy, and they are probably overwhelm with the order. Be patient, it’s a good company, serious, and I’m sure they will give you some information soon.
I’ve seen exactly the same reaction on French forum, people are complaining the lack of information, but many solve the issue by simply phoning them. Good luck!

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I’ve got a YT and like the brand, but they are becoming a bit arrogant. They’ve spend millions on marketing and lifestyle promotions, which most brands need, but I get the impression they feel like you should be privileged to have bought into the “family” and should be okay with poor communication, delays etc...

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
No, you’re totally right. Sending just an email with some updated information is not something very hard to do, but I’m pretty sure everything is automated and therés not really any human behind this system. Give them a call, you will probably get some information ! ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: 06z

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Several threads on here where people have called up and got nowhere on that front too.

Its not just yt, but pretty much every brand who has bought out a decent emtb that has been caught out by the demand, members on here have spent months waiting for Specilized's, Canyons, etc when bikes supposedly in stock.

The only brand that seems to have their delivery process dialled is Commencal - though it will be interesting to see how they go with their 2020 bikes as I think they are going to be seriously in demand, as IMO their 2020 range has knocked the ball out the park.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Several threads on here where people have called up and got nowhere on that front too.

Its not just yt, but pretty much every brand who has bought out a decent emtb that has been caught out by the demand, members on here have spent months waiting for Specilized's, Canyons, etc when bikes supposedly in stock.

The only brand that seems to have their delivery process dialled is Commencal - though it will be interesting to see how they go with their 2020 bikes as I think they are going to be seriously in demand, as IMO their 2020 range has knocked the ball out the park.

I know very well the commencal team (I own a meta). You can always dial them and speak to Eric and ask for information. They always answer, and they are efficient... but for how long?

Btw, what does mean “has knocked the ball out the park”? I understand this as a positive thing...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes, by that I meant that the new 2020 Commencal are some of if not the best EMTB's coming out.

I was being complimentary about Commencal, by "dialled" I meant that they have the whole customer care and delivery process very well organised, and we rarely if ever see any complaints about late delivery or bad service from Commencal.

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
I had prompt responses from YT about Decoy although I was not given as precise info I hoped for, but all-in-all I'm happy so far (bike was delivered). However I'm talking about their US "store" in California. So communication quality might be different in different parts of the world

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
I don’t know if I will buy a bike one day from YT, but I think you overreact. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not speaking perfectly your language and perhaps I badly express what I feel.
It’s totally normal to get upset when you don’t have any information, especially after paying this amount. Perhaps you can phone them instead of mailing them? I perfectly understand your angriness. I think YT is having a huge success with their Decoy, and they are probably overwhelm with the order. Be patient, it’s a good company, serious, and I’m sure they will give you some information soon.
I’ve seen exactly the same reaction on French forum, people are complaining the lack of information, but many solve the issue by simply phoning them. Good luck!
Yes agreed, how long is acceptable when waiting to speak to someone.??
Screenshot_20190711-230907_Facebook.jpg

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Ok...…...so how would you rate the service im getting?
Ok so you don't like the service so move on and get something else. Life is to short to bitch and worry, but you will miss out in a great bike.

I have had quite a few rides now and got the suspension set, bar width to suit etc. and the only thing I will change is to drop to a 2.6 on the back and use the flip chip to maintain geometry. I am loving riding it, looks good and is quiet ?

Reactions: Bis

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
If you spend 6k on anything I would expect some level of communication regarding delivery - it doesn’t bode well for warranty issues either. I would definitely be bitching and moaning if there were significant delays and they weren’t communicating with me.

No doubt it’s an awesome bike, but thankfully there are a plethora of awesome eBikes available from multiple manufacturers. We buy bikes to ride not look pretty so YT should be clear on delivery times.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
On your phone it’s 23:09, it’s a bit late to call them, don’t you think? (Or I misunderstood something)

I think it's a previous screenshot, shown in a screen shot..... The time when taken was 14:11 and he'd already been on the call for 4 hours and 25 minutes already !

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
I'm so fed up of YT. I've sent several emails with no response about my order I placed in May. Not even a single update or reply to me.
I even tried calling them, after been on hold for 15min I hung up...... Not a very good start for a new customer, I guess taking £6000 of my money isn't enough to warrant a bit of communication and customer service.
hello, what is your expected delivery date?

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I think it's a previous screenshot, shown in a screen shot..... The time when taken was 14:11 and he'd already been on the call for 4 hours and 25 minutes already !

Ok, you're right. BUT! I have another explanation : He call on a Sunday afternoon, or bank holidays... ;)

Ren

Oct 30, 2018
Christchurch - New Zealand
By the time YT are finished with all pre-orders a new model will be released and de cycle starts again.

This is not for me... 1 week is more than too much time to lock my money for no pleasure, months are unthinkable... ??

I would go for plan B.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I don't understand one think: if I order today, or next week, availability of the bike will be the same: 11.09.2019

Previous week, it was the same. So I think between 15th of June and 15th of July (for example), delivery will be the same. And for order during august, it will be perhaps 20.09.2019 etc...

I think once you "book"/pay for your bike, the delivery still stay the same. That perhaps for this you have no update on your order. Because you're not close of your delivery time.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No his delivery time keeps getting put back from what he was originally told, that is the problem, and its being communicated via automatic emails with no response form anyone at YT

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles