R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thinking of boosting my fork to 180mm has anybody one it on theirs?
Yes I put a 180 on mine last year, but have recently shortened it back to 170mm.

I decided that there was no real world benefit to the extra travel, and that raising the front end was making the front lift too easily on technical climbs, along with the fact that it was slightly harder to weight the front end through corners.

It’s subtle differences, but personally I would not bother.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Yeah the err bashed up bit :LOL:

Its a 10 speed and is this hub...

D462SB-B12

The spare parts lists a 9 speed freewheel and no 10 speed.
What a coincidence, that hub I have on a set of carbon wheels on my wife’s Levo

image.jpg

As a matter of fact I have the spare part number for the steel version of axle/freewheel, give me a second and I’ll find it for you.

Btw you can run a 10 speed on it no problem

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Yeah the err bashed up bit :LOL:

Its a 10 speed and is this hub...

D462SB-B12

The spare parts lists a 9 speed freewheel and no 10 speed.
This is what you need for your hub:

Freewheel:
Cassette body F type, Shim.11, steel 3-pawls

Axle:
Axle Rear B12, Steel 15/12x148 BOOST, for D462SB-B12, D162SB-B12, OEM

As a matter of fact I did the same to my hub as you did to yours. I also managed to bend the alu axle so if yours are not the steel version, I recommend to upgrade that as well.

Karsten

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have on a set of carbon wheels on my wife’s Levo

Karsten, carbon wheels, fox forks ! You really do know how to treat a lady properly !!!

Though I'm starting to wonder... you say it's the "Wife's bike" .. but is this just an excuse to have two bikes and only you ride it ??? ;-) :)

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Karsten, carbon wheels, fox forks ! You really do know how to treat a lady properly !!!

Though I'm starting to wonder... you say it's the "Wife's bike" .. but is this just an excuse to have two bikes and only you ride it ??? ;-) :)
Trust me; as I’m 6’3 she can have her size small women's version Levo for herself but you are on to something as I have 2 batteries now when I go on my own ?

Karsten

Stu_mt

Aug 7, 2019
Uk
Good ride this morning until this happened..crank arm dropped off!!Allen key bolts are still tight but it’s somehow forced itself off the spline and stripped the threads of the plastic end cap.. can anyone advise??

90C40A5D-3369-45A5-9A48-6B85487F37D8.jpeg

608EC592-1265-4217-B35E-FC84CC4937E7.jpeg

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
Good ride this morning until this happened..crank arm dropped off!!Allen key bolts are still tight but it’s somehow forced itself off the spline and stripped the threads of the plastic end cap.. can anyone advise??

View attachment 17624

View attachment 17625
Lots of people have this problem. Some people seem to think it isn't a terrible design flaw but you are supposed to check to bolt before every ride. me - I'm not so convinced. I also bought the unofficial alu caps to prevent it happening again and so far it works.

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes
The plastic screw on end caps are only for pushing the crank arm into position and making sure it is fully seated. They are not meant to hold the crank arm on really although they are a back up of sorts.

The allen bolts on the crank arm need to be tightened to the recommended torque. Don't just tighten each bolt individually. Alternate the tightening as you'll see each one needs re-tightening as you torque the other, as they work together.

I also use the recommended torque but tighten them a bit more.

My crank arm fell off from new at one point but never again. I also had the same problem on my road bike but lesson learnt :cool:

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales

View attachment 17624

View attachment 17625
the black tab on the end of the crank arm fits into a hole on the spindle, once seated and torqued it should never slide off unless the tab snaps and that doesnt happen very often

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
I agree with others that little plastic bolt isn't to hold the crank arm on, once the crank arm bolts are torqued down properly and the safety tab in place (in case you don't torque the bolts properly and even) you could take the plastic end cap off.. same as you can with your preload bolt on your headset once the stem is torqued in place.

So ultimately the plastic bolt coming off isn't the cause but a result of another fault IMO.

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes
massive over reaction really.
the casing only really fills if you over exuberently clean from above where the wiring sits.

the Vitus team are based in Ireland. Of course they've tested them in mud.
It's a bit of a late reply and just came across this whlist looking for another thread... but Vitus are based in Saint-Étienne, France, not N.Ireland where CRC are ;)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It's a bit of a late reply and just came across this whlist looking for another thread... but Vitus are based in Saint-Étienne, France, not N.Ireland where CRC are ;)
No. Mate. The CRC group bought "Vitus" the Saint Etienne based company. The bikes were tested by Irish DH and Enduro riders. and being far eastern factory built frames with Sram/Shimano/RS/Nukeproof components plastered all over them weren't built in France at all.
the buyout is even explained in the link you posted.

I had a French built Vitus road bike BITD ('90s) BTW

Better late than never, eh? :unsure:

:sneaky:

Last edited:

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes
No. Mate. The CRC group bought "Vitus" the Saint Etienne based company. The bikes were tested by Irish DH and Enduro riders. and being far eastern factory built frames with Sram/Shimano/RS/Nukeproof components plastered all over them weren't built in France at all.
the buyout is even explained in the link you posted.

I had a French built Vitus road bike BITD ('00s) BTW

Better late than never, eh? :unsure:

:sneaky:

I just knew you'd know better... :ROFLMAO:
I should've Googled it before... Behind the Brand - Vitus | Articles » Issue 42

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles