The deals thread - Post good deals that you’ve found online here

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Looks like Ubyk have gone into liquidation. Thought that deal was too good to be true!
Yep, lucky my order turned up last week! I knew they were slow but as it wasn't something I needed urgently the wait didn't bother me for the savings. Guess I was one of the lucky ones

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I'm in total agreement with the testers findings on the Finishline Sealant. I read about this new type of sealant coming out about 18months ago, I managed eventually to get a large bottle last summer and couldn't wait to try it out. It is UTTERLY USELESS! I found it wouldn't even seal the smallest holes. Every time I went to get my bike out the tyres were flat! I persevered for weeks but no joy. Cleaned out the tyre and put back in Stan's regular sealant. No problems since. This was on my ultra light fully rigid XC MTB which I do run tubeless at around 40psi on Schwalbe Furious Freds. All of my other full sus bikes I just add 80ml of Stan's into extra light innertubes (Schwalbe SV19A with removable valve cores). It lasts ages inside the inner tube and makes it clean and convenient when changing tyres around. ;)(y)

Last edited:

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
That’s the second test I’ve seen with the same 2 winners.
My tip Carry a plug tool and use cafe latex for best results I think , maybe stans is worth the extra cost for racing if your tyres are always freshly fitted , but I question are those particles in the stans always going to be present , or left in the bottle .
The cafe latex doesn’t seem to have any noticeable particles , it foams if you shake it , thats the main difference they don’t mention in the test . Plus I know it still performs as well with tyre inserts fitted , Iam not sure if the particles in stans would be effected adversely by tyre tyre inserts .
I just wish the stuff would last longer and was easier to clean off inside the tyre when it’s dried up . Need to replace every 2-3 months

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I just wish the stuff would last longer and was easier to clean off inside the tyre when it’s dried up . Need to replace every 2-3 months[/QUOTE]

Stick it inside your inner tubes! ;)(y)

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
That’s the second test I’ve seen with the same 2 winners.
My tip Carry a plug tool and use cafe latex for best results I think , maybe stans is worth the extra cost for racing if your tyres are always freshly fitted , but I question are those particles in the stans always going to be present , or left in the bottle .
The cafe latex doesn’t seem to have any noticeable particles , it foams if you shake it , thats the main difference they don’t mention in the test . Plus I know it still performs as well with tyre inserts fitted , Iam not sure if the particles in stans would be effected adversely by tyre tyre inserts .
I just wish the stuff would last longer and was easier to clean off inside the tyre when it’s dried up . Need to replace every 2-3 months
as long as you shake the bottle before putting the Stans into the tyre, you will be fine.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The BikeHut stuff I bought when out of options has proved to be pretty good. I wouldn't call it cheap though.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

I use Slime Pro. Its a non latex product, so only for TLR tyres, but it doesn't go off and it just rinses out if you need to clean your tyre for any reason. Oh and its fluorescent green, so you can easily see where a thorn has punctured the tyre, or if you've had a tyre burp.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
How about sealant in your tubes and your tyres, its the Batman and Robin of puncture protection :cool:

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I use Slime Pro. Its a non latex product, so only for TLR tyres, but it doesn't go off and it just rinses out if you need to clean your tyre for any reason. Oh and its fluorescent green, so you can easily see where a thorn has punctured the tyre, or if you've had a tyre burp.
I used to use that , it never dried up and worked ok the few times I had a puncture . I only bought the cafe latex originally to try because it was much cheaper . I would like to see that green stuff in the test to compare , but considering it lasted all year it maybe wasn’t too expensive .

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Freeborn Bikes - Dealer for Cube, Specialized, S-Works, Devinci, Genesis, Ridgeback, Saracen and Pivot bikes and cycling accessories based in Horsham, West Sussex.

15% of free accessories!
Get 15% of free accessories when you purchase a bike in-store or online. For online purchases we'll email you the voucher.
Excludes discounted bikes, ex-demo bikes and Cycle scheme

I didn’t need any accessories when I recently purchased a Cube, so the nice man at Freeborn knocked 15% of the price of the bike; £820 saving. Thank you very much.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Well if we’re plugging bike shops The Dogs Wheels Bike Shop, Bicycle Shop, Repairs, Servicing Plymouth in Plymouth give us service like we’ve never experienced before . I don’t have to ask for discount , he’s checking on his computer to match the best prices before he goes to the till . They order stuff for me that seems to be out of stock everywhere but still pricematch places like chain reaction who continually advertise items at discount they don’t keep in stock .

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
EDIT: Price has now gone back up to $549.00.

One for the Aussies, if you are in the market for a GoPro Hero7 Black, Kogan have them for $329.00 AU Cheap as for Oz... Link

GP7B.JPG

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Or go the full hog and get solid tyres ???
You may well laugh, but I remember going into my local LBS about 20 years ago and asking for solid rubber tyres! I told the guy that I was fed up of getting a flat tyre every 14 miles on my £200 hybrid; sometimes I was getting two flats in one ride! :eek:

The LBS guy told me about Slime sealant for my tubes. Once that was in use, I never had another flat ever! I had loads of punctures but no flats. When I went to mtb in 2008, I stuck with Slime and still had no flats. When I later went to tubeless, I used a sealant even though it wasn't necessary for the tyre to hold air. The only time I ever got a flat after that was when I started using latex sealants and it either ran out or dried up. That doesn't happen now either (except when the tyre is faulty of course - I've had two of those :().

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
haha ace!

They're actually alright as well if natural soft conditions XC routes is your thing and you aren't runnin goverly wide rims.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles