ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
what is the format of graphics ?
how do you do these graphics ?
can I change graphics by myself ?
There is no way to change graphics by yourself. You can change display schemes and some colors only

Derek

Jun 11, 2019
Aust
Looks interesting :)
Not that I’m a big fan of a dash on a mountainbike, as i prefer to ‘read the trail’ instead. But what I find useful is to analyse the ride when back home. What I find very interesting is the app that SRAM has made for their AXS drivetrain. At the end of the ride you sync the AXS master with your phone app, and see the number of gear shifts, which cog was running and for how long. The app syncs with Strava and gives you the ability to seek out a segment where you can see which gear you were using etc.
I’d find a similar functionality useful, being able to see the telemetry for any given segment, like assist mode, power etc.
A really useful side benefit of tracing what gears are used the most allows some prediction of gear wear over time... Most ebikes wear the smaller rear cassette gears first and would be nice to see a mapping of kms in those gears :)

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
STRide was released for iOS

It's the initial version only. More features coming soon

1614516900585.png

mdtsl

Apr 7, 2021
Excellent, love the Apple Watch +HR integration! So nice to have the battery percentage, etc., at a glance. Thank you for your work on this app!
I'm pretty new to the app (using iOS 14.4.2 on iPhone XS) but have noticed the duration clock on all of my rides starts at 23:00:00 and counts upwards. The time of day is recorded correctly. Is there a setting in the app (or in the bike software) to change this?

The other issue I have is that while the mileage displays correctly in the ST Ride app, after the ride is exported to Strava, the mileage displayed there is ~20% less. I'm supposing Strava is basing the distance on the GPS data alone and not the distance data corrected by the wheel sensor that ST Ride uses. Is there a way to export the corrected/measured distance data in the Strava export file?

Thanks again for this great app!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Thanks

Excellent, love the Apple Watch +HR integration! So nice to have the battery percentage, etc., at a glance. Thank you for your work on this app!
I'm pretty new to the app (using iOS 14.4.2 on iPhone XS) but have noticed the duration clock on all of my rides starts at 23:00:00 and counts upwards. The time of day is recorded correctly. Is there a setting in the app (or in the bike software) to change this?
Please make a video and send it to me (PM or email)

The other issue I have is that while the mileage displays correctly in the ST Ride app, after the ride is exported to Strava, the mileage displayed there is ~20% less. I'm supposing Strava is basing the distance on the GPS data alone and not the distance data corrected by the wheel sensor that ST Ride uses. Is there a way to export the corrected/measured distance data in the Strava export file?
1. STRide displays the millage according your bike's millage multiplied by the correction factor (from App's settings)
2. STRide exports only GPS points with the distance between them more than 5m (from App's settings)
3. Strava calculates distance according all these exported points

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
This is awesome. Way better than Shimano E-Ride, what idiot at Shimano thought we shouldn't have battery as a percentage?!

My only request is it would be nice to be able customize the display. For example the 2x2 layout is just what I want, but I don't need the heart rate field. If I could choose a different field, that would be cool.

Also I'd recommend updating the first post with the info about the iOS version just so new folks can see it.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Descent/Climb values are increments each time when GPS altitude is changed.
Can you explain this further? I don't understand your explanation. I did one ride, which should have maybe 2500ft climbing, but the "Climb" value is 84240 ft.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Can you explain this further? I don't understand your explanation. I did one ride, which should have maybe 2500ft climbing, but the "Climb" value is 84240 ft.
If you climbed 5m, then descended 5m and then climbed 5m again, then the result will be 10m ascent and 5m descent.
Do you use iOS or Android App?

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
@vadII - would it be possible to add configurability to allow users to select the data that appears on the dash & map screens? Not chage the format/layout, just the fields that are displayed.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
@vadII - would it be possible to add configurability to allow users to select the data that appears on the dash & map screens? Not chage the format/layout, just the fields that are displayed.
I don't want to do this at this moment. Send to me your configuration (in any format) and I'll add it to Online schemes list

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I don't want to do this at this moment. Send to me your configuration (in any format) and I'll add it to Online schemes list

I like the 2x2 scheme, but I don't use a HRM. Would be nice to have the current time in that slot as the phone clock is a bit hard to see with the app on because of the light gray background:

1619049694873.png

Either that or the ride duration. (but I agree having configurable layouts would be a super good feature).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles