Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I had an edge 130 and as much as I preferred the size and look of it on the bike I had to sell on eBay as interface wise it was pretty useless unfortunately! I bought a used 520 so I can get the toolbox features. It’s not perfect though and also looks crap on the bike. Wish they’d just have used the Shimano display and incorporated the features that riders actually want and need. All a bit annoying really shame as great bike otherwise

Damn that’s a shame. Yes I looked at getting a 530 for the Rise but thought it would be too large and look a bit crap and was hoping I could use the 130 instead. I also have a Garmin Instinct watch which is a rugged scaled down version of a Fenix, but unfortunately doesn’t link to IQ Connect Store

So looks like the options will be the all bells & whistles Garmin 530 but with a huge crap looking screen, or Shimano neat little display but with limited info, mmm, more decisions and more expense

evildos

Apr 13, 2021
France
The clean cockpit looks great, but now you have to reach down by the BB to switch modes? No thanks.
Well... To be honest, I was thinking that I would be able to change the mode with my phone app, or with a garmin GPS/watch.

Needless to say that when I find out it's not possible, I wasn't impressed.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Well... To be honest, I was thinking that I would be able to change the mode with my phone app, or with a garmin GPS/watch.

Needless to say that when I find out it's not possible, I wasn't impressed.
Do any other Ebikes have remote/ Bluetooth assist changes? Sometimes too much is expected/ wanted when it has never been possible in the first place.

Jilleride45

Nov 2, 2018
USA
Do any other Ebikes have remote/ Bluetooth assist changes? Sometimes too much is expected/ wanted when it has never been possible in the first place.

Do you mean an app like Mission Control for Specialized bikes or Belevo? I think the new TCU of the Specialize bikes lets you change assist right there also. But maybe this is not what you are talking about, sorry if I am confused.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Do you mean an app like Mission Control for Specialized bikes or Belevo? I think the new TCU of the Specialize bikes lets you change assist right there also. But maybe this is not what you are talking about, sorry if I am confused.
No, I’m speaking of the assist modes from Eco- Boost. He removed the up/down buttons for a cleaner cockpit, then wants control these assist with his watch or phone(I think)I’m not sure why he mentioned phone, because that’s not feasible to use while riding your bike. You can adjust your assisted power settings on your rise with the S-Tube app on your phone. Just like the Mission control App.

Jilleride45

Nov 2, 2018
USA
No, I’m speaking of the assist modes from Eco- Boost. He removed the up/down buttons for a cleaner cockpit, then wants control these assist with his watch or phone(I think)I’m not sure why he mentioned phone, because that’s not feasible to use while riding your bike. You can adjust your assisted power settings on your rise with the S-Tube app on your phone. Just like the Mission control App.

Got it. You can do that with mission control but the Bluetooth delay sucks, buttons are the best.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
RS toolbox: you have to bite the bullet and unselect/disable/invite the Steps screen for rs toolbox one to own the connection, you cannot have them both.

It means you'll lose the ebike data fields but rs the olbox is configurable through Connect IQ for data fields so it's not too bad.

The main benefit of RS toolbox over Steps for me is the stats that are captured on ebike mode, assistance level, battery level etc in the ride in Garmin Connect.

As said, it's a fricking pain, but keep trying! Once set up, it's very reliable. All this Levo 2022 display features and all I'm thinking is the Garmin which I would fit to any bike anyway, does way more than that in-built processor....

Brakes: Orbea did a deal with Galfer towards the end of last year and XT ice Techs rotors were ditched for Galfer 180mm front and rear. A poor choice in my view. My mate has an 1yr old Occam and the ice tech 180s are fine.

There's enough bite in the rear brake for me, so I left that as-is, but wanted a stronger front brake. Would love Magura MT7s but don't want to spend my life bleeding them, so I stuck with the XT caliper and swapped the rotor to a Hope 230mm and adapter. The result is brutal. Great control, great modulation, loads of power, no noise, £50, 10 minutes and 6 + 2 bolts.
Original weighs 123g
Hope and adapter weighs 221g

View attachment 56647

nice which adapter you use?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I solved it by buying a power station and a solar panel. The Power Station is twice as big as a bike battery and the solar panel charges 70-90W on a sunny day
Which model, cheers
Test rides can be dangerous and in my brother’s case, expensive! ?

After one ride on mine, my brother had to ditch his freshly built GG trail pistola. Most of the parts were transferred and taadaa another blue Rise is born!

Spec: Large frame, fox 36 150, push 11.6, shimano xt cranks, revel wheels, Maxxis dhf/dhr exo+... 43lb

View attachment 65769

how are you finding the shock, did you smashpot the front also?

Istari

Jan 6, 2021
Poland
The new Kia EV6 has a very interesting power to load function, which can be useful for charging e-bike. This is due to the use of a car as a mobile powerbank to power many devices at once or even the entire home:

"Convenient power supply for your activities. The EV6 is equipped with vehicle-to-load (V2L) function that works as a convenient, portable electricity supply for your daily life or leisure activities. It can serve as an emergency power source for your home. In fact, EV6 supplies up to 3.6kW of electricity and it can also work as a portable generator when enjoying the outdoor activities"

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
I'm getting more and more impatient with the Orbea production... first they said June, then July, then August, and now possibly not even August production (waiting for parts from suppliers). Arrrrgh!!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
The new Kia EV6 has a very interesting power to load function, which can be useful for charging e-bike. This is due to the use of a car as a mobile powerbank to power many devices at once or even the entire home:

"Convenient power supply for your activities. The EV6 is equipped with vehicle-to-load (V2L) function that works as a convenient, portable electricity supply for your daily life or leisure activities. It can serve as an emergency power source for your home. In fact, EV6 supplies up to 3.6kW of electricity and it can also work as a portable generator when enjoying the outdoor activities"

I was just thinking about this and don’t really have a clue about electronics! But if there’s a pass through function on the bluetti or the ecoflow then how could we charge the powerbank whilst driving? Just put an invertor in the car and plug the device in, but ofc the device is an inverter so I’m being thick somewhere. Would remove the need for solar if your out and about for a few days.

Getting camping with electric is getting impossible so I’d like to find ways to charge the bike off grid

Weezerj

Jul 27, 2021
Washington State
My M20, Southwest Washington State, USA

Sixth Sense Tarbell.JPG

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
I stuck with the XT caliper and swapped the rotor to a Hope 230mm and adapter.

@Bigkatoomer Did you mean 203mm, or 220mm? I did not think Hope made a 230mm rotor. I also think the rear is fine and just went up to a 203mm rotor in the front (I went with a Galfer floater) on the stock 4 pot XTR caliper with the XTR (SM-MA90-F203 P/PM) adapter. Works well, looks stock.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
@Bigkatoomer Did you mean 203mm, or 220mm? I did not think Hope made a 230mm rotor. I also think the rear is fine and just went up to a 203mm rotor in the front (I went with a Galfer floater) on the stock 4 pot XTR caliper with the XTR (SM-MA90-F203 P/PM) adapter. Works well, looks stock.
Where there no 6 bolt straight fitting 203 rotors?

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich
I'm getting more and more impatient with the Orbea production... first they said June, then July, then August, and now possibly not even August production (waiting for parts from suppliers). Arrrrgh!!

I am the same I have had 5 different delivery dates
Since end off oct

my mteam was meant to be shipped between 26th/29th July.
I went to the bike shop today,there system is not still showing 26th 29th delivery date
I asked the shop where my bike is they don’t have a clue.
They did say it has not been shipped because they have received an invoice

I have emailed orbea and still waiting on reply.
I got intouch with the uk rep, my bike has been Assembled but he could not tell me anything about shipping date
I am losing my patient with orbea they blame everything on covid.
I had an orbea wild back In 2019 same again my bike was delayed for months we was not in a Pandemic then

jadias89

Feb 24, 2021
Denbigh
Not sure what you expect anyone to do about it? If Orbea don’t have the parts, they can’t make the bikes. Orbea don’t have the parts because the factories making the parts are closed or short-staffed due to COVID, or have no raw materials to make the parts, or the parts are stuck in a Far Eastern port due to the global shipping container shortage.

Orbea aren’t sitting on a big pile of parts and not shipping bikes just to wind you up - there is literally nothing they can do. The whole bike industry is in meltdown. If a UK shop places an order for a Shimano Deore 12sp cassette today, they won’t get it until late August 2022. Many shops have had vast swathes of orders for the coming year flat-out cancelled due to overselling and parts shortages. And the people working in those shops are stuck answering the same “Where is my bike?” questions day in, day out.

It’s going to take TWO TO THREE YEARS for the supply chain to get back to normal. I’d recommend you settle in for the long haul, be patient, and when it’s possible then you’ll get a rad new bike that you will enjoy.

Weezerj

Jul 27, 2021
Washington State
Not sure what you expect anyone to do about it? If Orbea don’t have the parts, they can’t make the bikes. Orbea don’t have the parts because the factories making the parts are closed or short-staffed due to COVID, or have no raw materials to make the parts, or the parts are stuck in a Far Eastern port due to the global shipping container shortage.

Orbea aren’t sitting on a big pile of parts and not shipping bikes just to wind you up - there is literally nothing they can do. The whole bike industry is in meltdown. If a UK shop places an order for a Shimano Deore 12sp cassette today, they won’t get it until late August 2022. Many shops have had vast swathes of orders for the coming year flat-out cancelled due to overselling and parts shortages. And the people working in those shops are stuck answering the same “Where is my bike?” questions day in, day out.

It’s going to take TWO TO THREE YEARS for the supply chain to get back to normal. I’d recommend you settle in for the long haul, be patient, and when it’s possible then you’ll get a rad new bike that you will enjoy.

This is the interwebs, there is no reason to bring reason into this....

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
What’s next then?

Another RISE of course!! :p

I absolutely love the Rise, hands down one of the best bikes I’ve ridden- ebike or otherwise.

The blue Rise I sent off with a bang at SkyPark in lake arrowhead, CA and it cleaned all the trails there with ease. Laps and laps and more laps… so much fun!

Some test fitting today. Since the pike has marginally more beef, thinking it should go on and the fox 34 on my regular bike. But damn that orange pops on the white! Most of the other parts will transfer over.
63B280FE-4B83-4BAF-B2F1-88717A17E82B.jpeg

08833FEA-3266-4F67-9646-CF0BE758E427.jpeg

The Rise is there somewhere
225EAED1-3ABA-47BA-9457-449ACC2B08A2.jpeg

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal

I absolutely love the Rise, hands down one of the best bikes I’ve ridden- ebike or otherwise.

The blue Rise I sent off with a bang at SkyPark in lake arrowhead, CA and it cleaned all the trails there with ease. Laps and laps and more laps… so much fun!

Some test fitting today. Since the pike has marginally more beef, thinking it should go on and the fox 34 on my regular bike. But damn that orange pops on the white! Most of the other parts will transfer over.
View attachment 67740
View attachment 67741

View attachment 67742
Looks like you are going with a lighter build with your fork options? Can you tell me, or post a link for the correct crown race that's needed for this bike/ fork? Thank You.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay

View attachment 67740
View attachment 67741

View attachment 67742
I too found the 34s are the limiting factor, got some 150mm Zebs on mine

920B4340-91B6-4715-A430-7B04E0C0B946.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles