Two surprises in one day

Malicefox

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Hey all! First post here, seems like a pretty chill community so far!

So i finally bit the bullet and decided to get an ebike. After weeks of researching i decided to get the Rise M20. Last week I pulled the trigger and ordered one. I was told the bike would most likely arrive mid may which sounded really quick given some of the stories I have read.

Well mid day yesterday i get a call from the shop saying there was a bike with my name on it ready for pickup. I got excited and left work early to drive almost 3 hours in traffic down to the shop to beat their closing time. I pull up to the shop about 10 mins before closing and the first thing i see is my bike sitting on the rack by the front counter. I couldnt believe it took less than a week from ordering it to receiving it.

As we are going through the final inspection of it before loading it up on my truck to take it home, we notice something. The Orbea logo has a scratch in it. No big deal, mountain bikes get scratches. We looked at it a bit closer, and nope, not a scratch. It was cracked from the inside out. The shop had two of their techs verify it was a crack, and sadly New Bike Day turned into No Bike Day.

They went ahead and refunded the bike for now, and said they are still looking like mid month for a pair to come in. I still have one of those reserved for me, but they refunded the purchase so they could talk with the management about any compensation they can do for my round trip, as they felt bad they didn't catch the crack before calling me up.

Oh well these things happen, and at least i got to throw a leg over it and check it out before hand. Kudos to the shop for trying to make it right. They said i should hear back tues or wed with any adjustments they can make.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Dude, you have a great attitude. I would have been a little more peeved than that. My son got a little yanked around trying to buy an Orbea Wild 18 mos ago and the shop really stood up and took good care of him. Ended up getting one level up from what he wanted for CHEAPER than what he was going to pay. 20% off (about $1200). And that was without making a scene or even asking for a discount. They just offered it to him since they messed up on selling the one he wanted (he had a deposit on it) before he got over there to pay and pick it up.

Malicefox

Apr 21, 2022
USA
So, the shop has been really communicative during this whole process. Orbea has released a new front triangle to them, and they gave me two options. I could hold my reservation for one of the new bikes coming in next month, or if I was still interested in the first one with a frame swap, they would discount it $500. The way I see it, a new bike, or a new bike with a replaced front triangle are the same thing, so I'm happy taking the $500 off. The bike will still carry all the warranties as a new one so sounds like a good deal to me. Now I can fit some decent brakes in the budget!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles