New bike day :-)

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
You have to love a new bike day, slightly stressful after being told the DPD driver couldn't be arsed to lift it from his van so barrel rolled it to my drive :( ( i wasn't home) .

After 3hrs of messing up the invisiframe kit, bubbles galore and a sticking ends problem i have come inside for some beers.

I will finish off tomorrow, get it tubeless and set it up.

Stunning looking thing in the flesh, i hope i like it compared to my full fat bikes (y)

Happy weekend guys.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Got mine from there last year although mine came in an Orbea box told them I would build it instead

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Got mine from there last year although mine came in an Orbea box told them I would build it instead
I tried that one but they insisted, my cube also came from them and i tried that also. I would rather have it in the manufactures box and unmolested but hey ho, it will not move a wheel until i check it all over (y)

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I had to write an email saying I am a Cytech mechanic & happy to build myself in order for them to let me 😂
I tried that one but they insisted, my cube also came from them and i tried that also. I would rather have it in the manufactures box and unmolested but hey ho, it will not move a wheel until i check it all over (y)

Reactions: mak

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Excellent! I'll have that off you in a couple of years Steve! ;)
P.S Cubes still going great mate.
:) its all yours Tony, you need to upgrade to my old AT140 mate lol.
Nice to no my original bike is still going strong, and to think that was my 1st adventure into the hobby. I'm now on my 3rd bike within 3 years :unsure: No wonder I'm skint .

I hope the orbea is as reliable as my last two cubes (y)

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
1st ride out today. chuffed to bits, cracking bike, I've just about got to grips with understanding the mode parameter adjustments.
I don't think I will bother much switching between the 2 profiles. I have profile one set now and it feels good although it did take some tweaking, initially I had eco and trail set to low.

It rides nice in off ;)

21 miles and 76% battery left , just shows the trails i ride are ideal for this bike, 320m of climbing according to Garmin so nothing special.

The integration through Garmin is fantastic, even down to the percentage the motor is giving and if your bored its all there and more on the Garmin home app, unlike the bosch system :(

It feels light, i specifically chose a route with some gates to lift the bike over, what a pleasure compared to my full power cube bosch bike.

Its not actually that light, according to some accurate fishing scales it comes in at 19.5kg with pedals/ front mudguard and set up tubeless ( size medium) but the reality coming from 24.5kg is massive .

Its dirty .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles