New Orbea Wild with One Up pump on bottle cage

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
What kind of sorcery is going on in this thread. Fouling? Struts? My beloved Wild?!?!
Forcing it to fit???

OP seek help and anger management. We are here for you .

Sort of…..

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Yeah, those struts really do suck.

I sawed the mount that came with the pump so the remaining part was just a simple "U-shape" with the rubber strap. Then I drilled 2 new holes in it to secure it to the frame.
It obviously wont combo with a water bottle this way, but I'm fine with that.

The only pics I had laying around that shows the pump:

1 Orbea Wild 2023.jpg

2 Orbea Wild 2023.jpg

Zave

Jul 27, 2022
Surrey England
Yeah, those struts really do suck.

I sawed the mount that came with the pump so the remaining part was just a simple "U-shape" with the rubber strap. Then I drilled 2 new holes in it to secure it to the frame.
It obviously wont combo with a water bottle this way, but I'm fine with that.

The only pics I had laying around that shows the pump:

View attachment 129829

View attachment 129830
Like an inline mount which one-up now sell. Want to keep the water bottle though

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Oh no, I hadnt thought of this, is there mounting holes on the underside of the top tube? mine hasnt arrived yet and i run a bottle and pump mount.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
Isn’t there a bottle cage out there you can mount a pump to?!?! Seems it would be pretty easy with some zip ties.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
my current pump holder sits under the side entry cage, so this means i'll have to get a new bottle cage and pump mount.
Heckler tools.jpg

Kermit

Nov 24, 2021
SE UK

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
So I fitted the pump on the mount on the underside of the top tube. I didn't notice it had fallen off on my driveway until I had got back from my ride (glad I didn't lose it or need it) but now I need to re-stick it, I think because the frame is ceramic coated I don't think the pad stuck enough. (yes I had used the wipe to clean surfaces)

Zave

Jul 27, 2022
Surrey England
So I fitted the pump on the mount on the underside of the top tube. I didn't notice it had fallen off on my driveway until I had got back from my ride (glad I didn't lose it or need it) but now I need to re-stick it, I think because the frame is ceramic coated I don't think the pad stuck enough. (yes I had used the wipe to clean surfaces)
The pad part is concaved. Whereas the underside of toptube is flat. I held mine in place with zip ties whilst the glue in the 3m pad went off. So far so good

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles