Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
I had my first OTB with the rise as well a couple of days ago. Very technical, slow speed and tight rocky hill. There was a step like descent, too little speed and otb we go. Rise got some scratches to grip, brake lever and front shock. My pinkie finger got twisted and bruised.

My speed on the trails has increased with the Rise so I am now getting more protective gear. Full face helmet and POC tee armour with chest, back and shoulder pads. I am old enough to not give a fu** what other people think when riding trails with lots of protection.

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
I had my first OTB with the rise as well a couple of days ago. Very technical, slow speed and tight rocky hill. There was a step like descent, too little speed and otb we go. Rise got some scratches to grip, brake lever and front shock. My pinkie finger got twisted and bruised.

My speed on the trails has increased with the Rise so I am now getting more protective gear. Full face helmet and POC tee armour with chest, back and shoulder pads. I am old enough to not give a fu** what other people think when riding trails with lots of protection.
Completely agree I’ve done the same ! I’m finding the Rise quicker too plus it turns into corners and changes direction faster than my previous FF eeb. I’m over 50 now so ‘ain’t taking no chances - body armour it is

Matthew-B

Apr 22, 2021
Harrogate
Just ordered a medium M20, delivery in August, can't wait! I was right on the limit for a medium, but it was exactly the same on my YT Jeffsy, which has fitted me perfectly, so hopefully made the right decision!

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
I'm too scared to ask for an update on mine. Was meant to ship 3rd week of April. That slipped to around now. If I find out it's slipped again it'll be depressing.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Me too (coal blue M10). July. I asked the LBS for an updated date and he said "I think your's is coming a week earlier. But still in July."

Hopefully then more to the beginning of July than the end.

You truly deserve your rise now I do believe you have waited the longest for this bike your dealer should give you some nice freebie I think

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
Agreed! They owe you something for your patience. I think all of us around here will have a party when you finally get your bike.

Hahah... ya, it has been a very long wait. But in the meantime I've been building a custom Santa Cruz 5010c so that's kept me busy for now. Took it out for her maiden voyage today. It's not quite done yet, but almost. Just waiting for a red Ergon seat (the blue one here will go on my Orbea Rise) and a couple of frame protectors. Freshly invisiframed and new Santa Cruz decals.

IMG_9524.jpeg

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Picking up our Rise's today.....changed colour to take a Green that is in stock rather than wait any longer for the Coal Blue I ordered.

Ordered at start of December for 'January' delivery. Slipped to March, then end March ("worst case". ha), Then late April but still isn't even painted apparently. I know the whole bike industry supply chain is in turmoil but still disappointing.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
Hahah... ya, it has been a very long wait. But in the meantime I've been building a custom Santa Cruz 5010c so that's kept me busy for now. Took it out for her maiden voyage today. It's not quite done yet, but almost. Just waiting for a red Ergon seat (the blue one here will go on my Orbea Rise) and a couple of frame protectors. Freshly invisiframed and new Santa Cruz decals.

View attachment 61383

Ahh love my 5010, have a 2016cc with a mix of XTR/XX1 and the wtb carbon rims. The most fun bike I’ve ever ridden. Running a 150mm fox 36 up front and a 200x55 custom dpx2 in the rear for 140mm travel. Have done everything on it from weeks in pila and Morzine to epic 100km days of single track ?

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA

That's a nice project to keep you mind off of the wait. I have a 5010 that I love to ride. They are fantastic bikes.

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
You’re even keeping her warm with a dedicated plug-in radiator ! Must be love ?

Heh, it’s my office so it’s warming, the other option is main garage and I don’t trust the security of it. Most expensive bike I have had before is my rockhopper comp. Petrified of anything happening to this!

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Not afraid he will pee on your wheels ? ;)

Nope. I don't give him any food or water when he sleeps by the bike so he's really angry.

Actually, I have the worst watch dog/ guard dog in the world. He never barks at people and if someone came in my backyard, I'm sure he would run right over to them and want to play. If you use the phrase "let's go for a walk" of even just the word "walk", he'd probably open the door to the house all by himself for you.

1621437857705.png

graham1952

May 19, 2021
exeter
Anyone seen , or better still ridden or own , the new Orbea Rise yet ? After getting in touch with several shops it seems some of the first to be delivered were due in this week. Virtually all pre sold but I have found one available thats due in a weeks time and very tempted . Fits my riding style perfectly but been hovering hoping that there would be some real world experience , but I could miss out on the one I've found in my size .
Hi
Yes I have tried one in early may in plymouth and i am no expert but it felt fantastic 6 kg lighter than my current bike and went like the wind and mine should be here end of may hopefully

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Hi
Yes I have tried one in early may in plymouth and i am no expert but it felt fantastic 6 kg lighter than my current bike and went like the wind and mine should be here end of may hopefully
I've had mine since December , you'll love it . It's made me ride alot more than I did my previous non ebike , it just gets me out the door when I otherwise would have took the lazy option .

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
Hi
I too tried one in Plymouth in March (took it out for an hr in Cann Woods) and bought one in April (went elsewhere to get one sooner)

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Just for information...

Bikester have stock all all 4 sizes of Rise M10 Coal Blue showing on their website as of 11:30 am (BST) 21/05/2021...

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles