Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

siciliano

Mar 13, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Just got my m-team built today and have a few questions. First off I won’t be able to properly ride it on a trail for a week or 2 but...

1. I was able to connect to e-tube project app and update the firmware of the motor and tcu and I was able to actually get the ST-ride app working which shows battery % and mode among many other things. Just curious if any of you are straight up just using an iPhone attached to your bars as opposed to the garmin 520/530? I bought the garmin but might return it because I can get the samestuff in this app.

2. my lbs was in a rush so they never really explained how they set up the rebound (HSR/LSR) in the fork or shock. What have most of you set the rebound up for these? I’m only 150 lbs.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Personally I use a Garmin watch on my bars , I preferred that idea because obviously when it's not on the bike it's a really nice smartwatch . I can put my phone on the bars , which is great until it rains, and it uses alot of battery with the display on constantly . I also use a heart rate monitor strap which works with the watch .
Suspension wise I set the sag as per Fox instructions then set the fork and shock by the same Fox instructions . I couldn't actually tell you the settings I've got for compression and rebound , I've kind of tweaked it as I've ridden , but there are some helpful guides on YouTube .

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
1. I was able to connect to e-tube project app and update the firmware of the motor and tcu and I was able to actually get the ST-ride app working which shows battery % and mode among many other things. Just curious if any of you are straight up just using an iPhone attached to your bars as opposed to the garmin 520/530? I bought the garmin but might return it because I can get the samestuff in this app.
Another option is to install a shimano computer /display, FYI. I thought about using my phone but I don't like leaving the screen on the whole time unless I need a map.

siciliano

Mar 13, 2021
Atlanta, GA
One more random thing, after adding a 2.4” DHR and 2.5” DHF...as well as swapping the rotors to 203mm/180mm XT ice-tek and adding pedals, my m-team weighed in at 41.6lbs....a little more than I wanted but whatever lol

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
So what's the difference between the E7000 display and the SC-EM800 other than the E7000 is plug-in-play and the other requires cables and adaptors? Is the SC-EM800 better? It seems there's also the E8000 too. Very confusing naming schemes they have. I'd like the cool one with the colour display, whichever that is.

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
So what's the difference between the E7000 display and the SC-EM800 other than the E7000 is plug-in-play and the other requires cables and adaptors? Is the SC-EM800 better?
E7000 is monochrome, no colors. SC-EM800 has some extra metrics I think. EDIT: SC-EM800 has a 1.6" screen vs 1.39 on the SC-E7000

Last edited:

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
I am looking at the RIse blue print and this part of the stem is confusing -> we shouldn't lower the stem at all?

1617516965006.png

paske

Apr 2, 2021
Belgium
I have the Garmin app on my watch so can see battery % etc. and also sync to Strava but want to see the actual totals for the motor, not just tracking. I think that on the Shimano EP8 with the little screen, you can see this. I think maybe only way may be to ask dealer to plug in.
If you use the Garmin Connect website to follow your activities, you can had an equipment and link it to your activities (even the past one) and Garmin will count the km/miles for this equipment. It's just based on the GPS data from your watch but can be useful anyway...
Connect.PNG

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
^ I did the same

Has anybody changed the handlebar to narrower? The 780mm on XL feels very wide to me, since I seem to have ridden a 700 bar on my Occam. Sweet spot for me might be around 740-760mm.

paske

Apr 2, 2021
Belgium
^ I did the same

Has anybody changed the handlebar to narrower? The 780mm on XL feels very wide to me, since I seem to have ridden a 700 bar on my Occam. Sweet spot for me might be around 740-760mm.

Must be quite a change! My previous ride was 760 mm and switching to 780 mm was quite seamless.
Maybe you can just shortened your handlebar a little and see?

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
It is! I was surprised as well. The Occam previous owner was a competetive XC racer which probably explains this. The Occam stem is also quite long. I never measured the handlebar and was ok with it ?

I am now running the Rise handlebar in 760mm but haven’t cut it yet. The stem in the rise is very short and I am thinking about getting a little longer one.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I’ve taken out one of the spacers and put it above the stem, is that dodgy and if so why are they there at all ? Thanks for flagging this
Honestly can't see why putting a spacer on top would be a problem , I've done the same with one or two spacers for years rather than cut the steerer . It's usually the other way around , too many spacers under the stem , that's a problem .

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
I am thinking this could be an error in the instructions. I may send an email to Orbea to confirm this.
What this diagram is showing is, it's okay if the star nut is below the bottom of the stem and not okay if the star nut is in the middle portion of the stem. This makes zero since because the standard depth of a star nut is 10-15mm below the top of the steering tube and stem stack height is 35-40mm usually, so the star nut will NEVER be below the bottom of the stem like pictured as okay.

Last edited:

siciliano

Mar 13, 2021
Atlanta, GA
So I finally got the garmin 530 to work with the bike but for some reason the battery % sometimes only works if I go into my phone’s ST ride app and connect to the bike then disconnect from it and then the garmin shows battery instead of - ....so weird

Gardcol

Dec 30, 2020
Aberdeen
If you use the Garmin Connect website to follow your activities, you can had an equipment and link it to your activities (even the past one) and Garmin will count the km/miles for this equipment. It's just based on the GPS data from your watch but can be useful anyway...
View attachment 57623
Many thanks, I can now see my total distance since getting the new bike and with a rough average of 10kph I can see I have done about 35hrs since I got the bike i.e. getting close to needing to do my lower leg service.

Bikes.PNG

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
Fellow Rise owners,

One Q, since I didn’t get any manuals with the bike. On the e-tube app, max assist speed is adjustable from 9 to 16mph. Isn’t the max assist 20mph?

Is there a break in period? Valet mode? Dealer unlock? Thanks!

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Fellow Rise owners,

One Q, since I didn’t get any manuals with the bike. On the e-tube app, max assist speed is adjustable from 9 to 16mph. Isn’t the max assist 20mph?

Is there a break in period? Valet mode? Dealer unlock? Thanks!

16mph sounds like the European limit - I'd expect it to be 20mph in the US.

Is it just the app showing that value? What speed does the bike actually assist you up to?

The manual I got was the same as this blue paper if it's useful: RISE_2021_BLUEPAPEER_EN-ES.pdf (orbea.com) (But it doesn't say much about the E-tube app)

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
Thanks for link. Yes confirmed that assist stops at 16mph - 25kph.

Uh oh did I get a euro spec model? ?

Edit: Sounds like I just need to bring it back to dealer for dealer only-unlock; to update for NA use.

4A6DC616-2301-4B89-87C6-36A29F691354.jpeg

Last edited:

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Thanks for link. Yes confirmed that assist stops at 16mph - 25kph.

Uh oh did I get a euro spec model? ?

Edit: Sounds like I just need to bring it back to dealer for dealer only-unlock; to update for NA use.

View attachment 57806
Exactly, the dealer can change the region of the motor to adjust its max speed. Very easy and fast procedure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles