crank arms, which ones work for the Rise and what are the differences?

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
Soo with all the horror stories I am considering dropping my E13 crank arms in favor of the shimanos. Which ones work and what are the differences? I have seen the fc-em900, and cannot find any in 165mm, I also have seen the fc-em600, what is the difference?

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
Someone correct me, but I believe the pecking order from premium to standard is M900 > M8150 (XT) > M600. They all fit the eP8 and I think they all weigh within 10-20 g of each other. Pick what's available and what looks best to you. Other Shimano arms do not fit.

Tribanas

Jul 13, 2021
Portugal
Do I really have to mind with this matter ? Am I putting my motor longitivity in risk by using the stock e13 cranks?

Can some one explain this issue to me ? Thanks

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I am not sure this is really an issue, but there are alot of people that post having the spindles breaking, there have been bullitins from Shimano, showing how to check for cracks, and E-13 has had a bullitin of their own. Soo I am not sure, but I am concerned enough that I just tracked down a set of XT crank arms in 165mm. They are coming from Italy, but I know I will feel better as I would hate to miss any time of riding while waiting for a new motor.......

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles