Neeko DeVinchi on EMTB FORUMS

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Well, this ought to be a laugh. Probably best to build a cheaper frame up to achieve one of my goals for 2022.
IMG-20220106-WA0000.jpg
I've concentrated to much on the reliability/durability of motors but never thought to prioritize in terms of battery cell degradation.
IMG-20220106-WA0001.jpg

Gotta be honest, I've never built an ebike battery before. But I remain internally blessed that I have friends who have and who I can learn from.
Screenshot_20220110-150624_Gallery.jpg
The great thing about this, I can take what I learn. And apply it to newer projects.

Huge shout out to GBK (Green Bike Kits) for the hook up on the cells and a special shout out to my supplier who has supplied me with my frames for years (as well as the empty battery case 👍🏿

Anywho, apologies I haven't uploaded a vid or been sociable on this forum I'm just having way to much fun with my new toys and new projects 😷.

I'll say this, 2022 will be the year I do my part to address the accessibility and availability for those who still haven't got a ebike.

Till the next post guys and girls, take it easy and stay safe.

Peace!! ✌🏿

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
It's good to know that GBK are still trading. I used them many years back when first getting into DIYing. I had no issues with getting items from China through them. Good luck with your build and battery assembly. Watch out for Kentucky fried fingers!

LOL @ all the people sweating about manufacturer stamps (it doesn't have to be a registered manufacturer!) & wattage\speed limits.

Even a "250 Watt"* Bosch motored ebike is only a software adjustment away from exceeding the legal wattage limit. Aaaand literally every ebike out there can be adjusted to exceed the speed limit (at least as far as the limiter is concerned; some ebikes could scarcely hit 30 KPH if you threw them off a cliff).

(*By the way, if you check with some industry pro technicians, you'll find out that many high-end name-brand "250 Watt" ebikes are actually 250 Watt nominal, & their peak Watt output frequently exceeds that by a lot in max assist modes.)

Capability of being reprogrammed to exceed a legal limit DOES NOT render a vehicle illegal. If it did, literally every ebike & automobile would be illegal.

Does this situation create an obvious issue with enforcement, in the face of easily reprogrammable vehicles? Of course there is; which is why some people in enforcement would prefer to maintain an illusion that programmability is somehow illegal in itself. 🤷 It's not though.

Not yet anyway.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Needed a place to pop the results, following a recent vid I uploaded.
20230503_174303.jpg

The Dengfu E10v2 with the Bafang M510,
20230503_173948.jpg

The Levo with the Brose motor &
20230503_173811.jpg

The E08 with the Shimano EP801.
20230515_173700.jpg

Each bike did a quick 1.2mile lap,
20230515_174320.jpg
with 233ft of elevation. Measuring, average speed, top speed, average heart rate & maximum heart rate.
Discrepancies in terms of components "could" have impacted upon the results.
20230312_153634.jpg

20221006_201000.jpg

20230406_231659.jpg

Which is why I may redo this showdown and eliminate as many variables as possible. But this will be done once I've got some free time on my hands.
A breakdown as to each bike can be viewed in the pdf below👍🏿

Attachments

• Results.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 93

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hi @Neeko DeVinchi

I just read TWENTY FOUR pages of PDF .. and ultimately I'm none the wiser ..

Do you think you could collate the three results into something more comprehendable ?

Time/power/battery/average speed/average power for each bike for example, in a simple table for us numpties ?
Apologies Zimms,
I was of the belief that when I converted the images to PDF, it would have left bookmarks concerning each bike statistic per each page.
I'll have another crack at it and re-upload. Failing that, I can always printout, annotate, scan and upload👍🏿

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles