Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
You tend to get "in preparation" for the rest of the time now until it turns up :p

For those who get cancelled, it does seem others have received that but the bike transaction still goes through and turns up but can't speak to that personally although others on here can...

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk
And now canceled.... how long have you lot had to wait for your refunds?

My order months ago was cancelled then the bike delivery text and email appeared out of the blue. Money wasn’t refunded

To eloborate I think the delivery text came 7-14 days later. Just when I was wondering about ringing to sort the refund.

Last edited:

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
My order months ago was cancelled then the bike delivery text and email appeared out of the blue. Money wasn’t refunded
Oh well, I keep trying to reorder when I see XL ones in stock and didn't get my money back from the first cancellation yet... So I might end up with a bunch of these, only need one though! ?

obsidian

Jun 26, 2020
Croatia
Can any body take picture of shock? Im planing on upgrading it (prior to purchase , ha ha) on lombardo site is says its dimension is :
ROCK SHOX Deluxe Select R Trunnion 205X60

Can any body confirm the exact dimension?

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk
Can any body take picture of shock? Im planing on upgrading it (prior to purchase , ha ha) on lombardo site is says its dimension is :

If I have time later I will... the stock forks are pretty decent though, worth a try as stock i would suggest...

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Out of all the bikes, strangely, im really looking forward to getting the Decathlon. Mainly due to the fact that I think its going to be a very good bike for a lot of people. Not everyone, but a lot.
Think price has a massive influence on this, if its OK well what did you expect its cheap., but if its better than OK then it's a case of f##k me it's cheap too and anythink better than that makes you wonder why nobody else is doing this

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
There must be barely any margin on it at this price.

I'd be interested to see what Go Outdoors (Calibre) put out when they release an eMTB. No doubt will be a similar price range.
Does anyone know if Go Outdoors will make it through administration and be still selling the Calibre brand?

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
Also -
For anyone wondering it looks like the way to get a Decathlon Stilus is as follows.
  1. Open your browser and go to the decathlon site. If in stock add the desired size to your basket. Do this early in the day - say 11am ish.
  2. Create an account and go into your basket - they wont allow C&C at any of the stores so choose home delivery and get all your details in there.
  3. There will be no delivery slots available. Make sure to leave your browser on that page or the bike will mysteriously dissapear from your basket.
  4. After 11pm go back to that page and check again for home delivery. Repeat every ten minutes till it says its available. Once available check out damn fast.
  5. You'll get an email confirming your order creation - this does not mean your order is successful. You need to wait till you get the order confirmation the following day. Once thats in you should be good.

This is what I had to do - took me few days of messing about but I managed to get one ordered. Whether it was worth the hassle remains to be seen but if you are really keen give the above a go.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Also -
For anyone wondering it looks like the way to get a Decathlon Stilus is as follows.
  1. Open your browser and go to the decathlon site. If in stock add the desired size to your basket. Do this early in the day - say 11am ish.
  2. Create an account and go into your basket - they wont allow C&C at any of the stores so choose home delivery and get all your details in there.
  3. There will be no delivery slots available. Make sure to leave your browser on that page or the bike will mysteriously dissapear from your basket.
  4. After 11pm go back to that page and check again for home delivery. Repeat every ten minutes till it says its available. Once available check out damn fast.
  5. You'll get an email confirming your order creation - this does not mean your order is successful. You need to wait till you get the order confirmation the following day. Once thats in you should be good.

This is what I had to do - took me few days of messing about but I managed to get one ordered. Whether it was worth the hassle remains to be seen but if you are really keen give the above a go.
LOL, who made their e-commerce backend?!?!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Out of all the bikes, strangely, im really looking forward to getting the Decathlon. Mainly due to the fact that I think its going to be a very good bike for a lot of people. Not everyone, but a lot.
Its the review I am most looking forward to outside of the new shimano motor review which obviously you wouldnt know anything about !

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
LOL, who made their e-commerce backend?!?!
No idea - I work in IT but have no idea about that sort of stuff I'm a bit more at the coal face so to speak.
One thing I have worked out over the years is how to be methodical and break down an issue into parts to solve to get to my goal though ;)

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
I hope Rob's review ends positively for everyone on this thread ;) . I'll blame this forum (especially that Zimmerframe bloke), as it's his fault that I went and brought one in the first place!

Joking aside, I love the bike. What I'm really interested in with Rob's review is what it is really like compared to other ebikes in the market. "Sure, Phil likes it because he was riding a 5 year old acoustic XC bike with 100mm travel, what's not for him to like", but I'm sure Rob can shed some light into what is actually good, vs ok and how it rides vs other ebikes in the that end of the market.

The cockpit and size does really come up small (yeah you've said that a lot Phil!) which meant I didn't like the bike initially, but now its setup and has a longer stem I love it (as does the wife :D).

I suspect one day we will need two ebikes instead of one, so I'm interested to see how the Stilus compares to others as I'm not sure we could ride around on his and her's matching bikes! :rolleyes: Bit knobby!

So I'll have to find something else in the £2,699-£4,000 price range that is obviously better than 'her' bike!

Bulletraptor

Jun 25, 2020
Uk
Hopefully they will release my money soon so I can order something else.
looking at a Vitus now. Great spec but external battery. That has its plus points for charging tho

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
suspect one day we will need two ebikes instead of one, so I'm interested to see how the Stilus compares to others as I'm not sure we could ride around on his and her's matching bikes! :rolleyes: Bit knobby!

Hmmmm! If there as reliable as all other ebikes you be lucky to have both running at the same time.???

Simoni

Jul 1, 2020
Gloucester
Blimey , buying from decathlon is incredibly frustrating.

I have my cycle scheme voucher and unfortunately could pay this online . Emailed and then phoned two days ago with no reply ☹️

A bit crap tbh!

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk

987DD100-76B6-4AD2-ADD7-9DFDE9BED23D.jpeg

F6C88F9A-5D5B-46AB-855A-21D86F1C6B7B.jpeg

9649C28A-9747-4136-AFB7-E72C437FB1C1.jpeg

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
While im waiting for mine ive been looking at the first upgrades ill do.
Ill wait and see what the saddle and grips are like but if no good ill get my standard favourite ones.
I did think i should probably protect the paintwork but cant find a kit. Ill get a lezyne chain stay protector but is there an invisiframe type solution available for it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles