2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Just had an update l need new motor new shock and the dropper has got to be sent off so hopefully this sorts all the problems

Levo2018

Jun 15, 2018
Germany
Can anyone tell me the mounting dimensions for the damper bushes to install a Fox damper instead of the Rockshox in the 2019er LEVO aluminum version? Unfortunately I do not have my bike to measure here and would like to order the parts.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
FOX FLOAT Factory DPS, 210x52.5, 150mm of travel
(on my SWorks Levo)
Fox 4-digit code: DSYK

2019 Factory Series
Specialized, Levo SW, 210, 52.5, 0.8 Spacer, LCF, LRM, CML, Neutral Logo, N/M

Bike Help Center | FOX

Last edited:

Levo2018

Jun 15, 2018
Germany
No Sorry not the dimensions of the damper the dimensions of the bushes...

FOX.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The Levo has a much bigger user base than any of the other brands and lot of those buyers that also use the forum (clearly the majority of buyers do not) are enthusiasts that both ride the bike hard and mess with the spec. I have done just over 200 miles on mine...my mate the same...neither of us have had any significant issues so far and the bikes have not been shown any mercy! You need to buy from a lbs that has experience of the bike so that it is assembled properly in the first place....then dont mess with it unless you really knoe what you are doing. Clean it appropriately, keep the drive chain clean and well lubed and taķe particular care with the battery to motor/charging point in terms of cleanliness.
The brose motor is better sealed than the alternatives so no reason to think it is a problem on the Levo.

Elias

Aug 17, 2019
Spain
I use pads from Clarks. Good compound. The problem is that without the help of a file they were not installed.)))

20190819_170712.jpg

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Hello. Has anyone had any experience with 203 mm Clarks disk rotors? My dealer for some reason prefers them to Hope and carries only them in stock. The original brakes on my Levo occasionally overheat on long alpine descents and temporarily loose pressure. The Clarks have additional heat dissipation area which I hope would help.

If you get slightly less braking pressure when they overheat, your pads are getting so hot the coefficient of friction is dropping. Backing off the brakes for a second is usually enough to cool the pads/rotor and restore braking.

If you lose pressure completely, you've got water in your lines which heats up and converts to steam, which then compresses and your levers go straight to the bars. One second you have brakes, the next, nothing. Scary.

Not sure which is happening to you, but bigger discs will help with the overheating.

Tony01

Apr 6, 2019
CH
If you get slightly less braking pressure when they overheat, your pads are getting so hot the coefficient of friction is dropping. Backing off the brakes for a second is usually enough to cool the pads/rotor and restore braking.

If you lose pressure completely, you've got water in your lines which heats up and converts to steam, which then compresses and your levers go straight to the bars. One second you have brakes, the next, nothing. Scary.

Not sure which is happening to you, but bigger discs will help with the overheating.

Thank you for the explanations, which are helpful. In my case it is not just fading but a complete, albeit very short, loss of pressure in the rear brake. Intuitively, I felt that there must be more to it than just overheated rotors and pads. Will talk to my dealer about water in the system theory.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Hello. Has anyone had any experience with 203 mm Clarks disk rotors? My dealer for some reason prefers them to Hope and carries only them in stock. The original brakes on my Levo occasionally overheat on long alpine descents and temporarily loose pressure. The Clarks have additional heat dissipation area which I hope would help.

View attachment 17332
I had my son's brakes flushed in Les Gets as he was having similar problems, I thought it was air but he had cooked the fluid. Mechanics advice was its not uncommon and a lot of sludge came out. How he rode for a day with no back brakes I have no idea!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
when a lot of braking is required the brakes need to be modulated rather than "dragged" and both brakes should be used in unison. The heat generated at the disc travels via both the pads and the caliper housing into the fluid. The problem is made worse if the calipers are caked in mud and/or shielded from the air flow. Alternatively just go for it and don't bother with the brakes!! ( Joke).

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand

View attachment 17332
Haven't heard of them or used them - however those floating rotors are excellent for heat dissipation, plus they often help resolve slight dragging issues.

Tony01

Apr 6, 2019
CH
I had my son's brakes flushed in Les Gets as he was having similar problems, I thought it was air but he had cooked the fluid. Mechanics advice was its not uncommon and a lot of sludge came out. How he rode for a day with no back brakes I have no idea!

Cooking the fluid is also a possibility. After a shoulder fracture and the resulting surgery two years ago my riding style has become very cautious, if not cowardly. I may also not use the front brake enough. Anyway, I ended up ordering Hope V4 brakes, mostly for aesthetic reasons

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I've had the levo charge port door pop open (which means bike power off and once took a few goes to restart without an error code) a couple of times on the trail when taking bb hits.

Anyone else?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be great news in the wet.

May put some gaffer tape around the door for wet seal and in case that helps.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Check your battery is in fully and the lever of the rock guard is not bent or damaged. Either could cause misalignment of the connection or the motor cable to the battery to be too tight.
I have often thought some gaffa tape might be a good idea although I have not had any problems with it coming free.
I wonder why the plug does not have a half turn type peg securing device

peippo

Mar 28, 2019
Finland
I've had the levo charge port door pop open (which means bike power off and once took a few goes to restart without an error code) a couple of times on the trail when taking bb hits.
I’ve had this happen too, and also had the bike shut down itself on a bb hit even without the charge port opening. I wonder if it’s a safety mechanism of some sort - or could be that the port pops open just for a second?

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I’ve had this happen too, and also had the bike shut down itself on a bb hit even without the charge port opening. I wonder if it’s a safety mechanism of some sort - or could be that the port pops open just for a second?

Likely contact between the loom/connector and the battery is broken for a moment. I doubt it's intended.

I saw in a YT Decoy review that bike's contact between the battery and loom is at the top of the downtube rather than the BB end. Makes sense, especially for those of us riding in wet winter environments.

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Just got my bike back after 4 weeks with new motor fitted been out this morning after 1hr bike went completely dead had to get the wife to pick me up got the bike back home took cover off and I think the little plug underneath motor had come out slightly or it wasn’t plugged in properly to start with I hope that has solved it

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids

Anyone else?

Had mine power itself off twice yesterday on some challenging trails, the second time it wouldn't restart until I'd opened/closed the charging port but the port wasn't opening that I could see, more I suspect it popped out slightly. Slightly concerning but well see how it goes.

Jeb

Jul 17, 2019
Colorado

Anyone else?

I haven’t had any issues with the connection of our bikes but wondering if for yours, the magnet holding the connection tight (and the cover closed) might have depolarize? Ours are very tight.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I haven’t had any issues with the connection of our bikes but wondering if for yours, the magnet holding the connection tight (and the cover closed) might have depolarize? Ours are very tight.

hi Jeb, maybe - the charger cable connects magnetically OK.

I suspect it's BB hits deforming the plastic or moving it at the seams.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Just seen the thread ( quite old) with details of the Amygos rock guard. O verall looks a good product and as a bonus covers the battery plug connection, so may be a solution for you. ps let me know if you find an English version of the Amygos web site. I would certainly consider one for rocky trails/adventure rides.…………..my home trails are Forest so not really needed

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Just seen the thread ( quite old) with details of the Amygos rock guard. O verall looks a good product and as a bonus covers the battery plug connection, so may be a solution for you. ps let me know if you find an English version of the Amygos web site. I would certainly consider one for rocky trails/adventure rides.…………..my home trails are Forest so not really needed

Mike the 19 Levo guard from Amygos is here AMYGOS - carter Levo ,carbone 2019

no real need for an English version I reckon but if you need help I'm sure @Zimmerframe or @Mydriaze would be happy.

my concern on the Amygos is it's going to lower the bb strike point by several more mm, and I'm getting plenty of strikes already.

my terrain is forest too, it's log rolls and drops rather than rocks that are the problem.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Mike the 19 Levo guard from Amygos is here AMYGOS - carter Levo ,carbone 2019

no real need for an English version I reckon but if you need help I'm sure @Zimmerframe or @Mydriaze would be happy.

my concern on the Amygos is it's going to lower the bb strike point by several more mm, and I'm getting plenty of strikes already.

my terrain is forest too, it's log rolls and drops rather than rocks that are the problem.
….I used google translate so I have an English version now ta. ps you should be bunny hopping the logs and clearing drops!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles