yet another chain lube thread

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
a couple of tips i thought i'd share. i like to clean and lube my chain by pedalling backwards by hand and it's impossible with many eebs. but is it? i read somewhere to put an allen key in a chainring bolt and it will hold it in place against a crankarm. it works brilliantly! yes there's a lot of resistance, and turns slowly but much easier to clean/lube chain.

i also decided to try the spendy Squirt wax eeb lube and it is also brilliant. clean, quiet, and long lasting. attracts no excess dust or dirt. love it.

chain.jpeg
chain2.jpeg
wax.jpeg

Vas

Nov 23, 2019
Greece
A) Insert a small rubber/carton piece between the crank arm and the allen key at the point of contact to prevent chipping the crank arm.
B) I totally agree re Squirt..... the best solution by far! You should closely follow the instructions for optimum results!

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
I tie one of the spider‘s arms to the crank with a ziptie, works a treat and you don’t have to worry about how you spin the crank, no risk of a allen key falling out.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Its not actually that hard to just put your hand into the front sprocket and turn it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles