Levo SL Gen 1 Which is the most reliable and efficient (range) Turbo Levo generation? Should I sell my perfect Gen1?

Questionmark

Feb 26, 2023
Germany
I have a Turbo Levo Gen1, it has a really perfect condition with 504Wh 100% Battery. I am not satisfied with the range, but every other things are prefect on my bike.

I would need more range, this is why I am thinking on two different choices:
1. Buy a new Gen1 504Wh battery and take it to my backpack (a lot of weight on my back, I'm afraid of it),
2. Sell my bike and buy a new Levo with 700Wh battery.

As I have seen in youtube videos, the new Turbo Levo generations are much more efficient. Based on a video, a Gen1 Levo has ~20% percent left, a Gen3 Levo has ~60% percent left after the same distance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dAJ-u0Av8
Therefore I think it would be stupid thing to buy a spare battery for the Gen1 Levo, because I would be on the same range as a Gen3 Levo with a 700Wh battery. Is this true? Did you experience the same?

I have Brose 1.3 motor in my Gen1 Levo, I am afraid that the newest Brose engine will not be as reliable.

Thanks,
Q

Questionmark

Feb 26, 2023
Germany
Trailwatts range extenders . Search the forum .
I have already looked at this range extender, the construction is good, but I don't like that the Gen1 cable and the motor cover have to be hacked.
In case of I buy a new bike, I do not keep my old bike, because my apartment is very small. Or I will also change the apartment. :)
So I think I have to buy a new Levo. This is a bit sad, because I've never had a bike as good as the Gen1 before.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
the motor cover have to be hacked
Do you have to hack the cable ? I thought it just plugged in/swapped cable ? @TrailwattsUK ?

The motor covers are only cheap, I just changed mine and have one you can have for postage.

If you like the bike, it seems a shame to change it. The 1.3 is probably more reliable than the 2.1/2.2

In theory there shouldn't really be that much difference in range, you could adjust your settings in Mission Control.

Possibly also install Blevo to check your battery health as Mission Control doesn't always report this accurately.

Questionmark

Feb 26, 2023
Germany
Do you have to hack the cable ? I thought it just plugged in/swapped cable ? @TrailwattsUK ?

The motor covers are only cheap, I just changed mine and have one you can have for postage.

If you like the bike, it seems a shame to change it. The 1.3 is probably more reliable than the 2.1/2.2

In theory there shouldn't really be that much difference in range, you could adjust your settings in Mission Control.

Possibly also install Blevo to check your battery health as Mission Control doesn't always report this accurately.
I read a description according to in case of Gen1, the original battery - motor cable must be turned into a Y-cable. But then maybe the description wasn't accurate. I would be happy with a solution where the cable can remain in its original form. Modifying the engine cover is not a big problem, I don't ride in the rain anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles