Levo SL Gen 1 Which fork are you running on your Levo SL?

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Lyrik ultimate 160mm 51mm offset. Rode a friends with the fox 36 and just didn't like the feel and we had to put max psi in to get 34%sag.. I was 240lbs geared.

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire
Went from the Fox 34 performance to a Zeb Ultimate. Now running Fox factory 36 which for me is the sweet spot. What I would say is Rockshox are so much easier to setup but once you get the Fox dialed in they are amazing.

For reference the Zeb is a monster and if riding bike parks and downhill it's the way to go. I'm mostly riding local trails and the 36 is much more suited. At least I feel I'm getting nearer the limits whereas the Zeb it was more like 50%.

Ultimately they are all great forks at this price range but I'm a sucker for gold...

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
put my fox 36 on off my trail bike didnt really notice much difference so have gone back to the stock fork. I like how rowdy the bike is in the standard set up makes a exciting ride.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Just installed a marzocchi Z1 coil, 44mm and 160mm travel....had it on my giant but swapped it over to the SL....it's fantastic.

PXL_20210505_152258448.jpg

DarrenCC

Apr 3, 2021
Hertfordshire
sounds like you need to get it dialed in more?

try these settings by MArshall Mullen, he knows the SL and FP Levo very well.

Nothing earth shattering in the video, it’s basic set up advice. I just don’t rate the 34 at 150mm travel on a heavy bike. I’m in the process of selling my SL and getting a burlier bike, let’s see how long it takes for me to be pining for it ?

Hitorogoshi

May 19, 2020
South Africa
Nothing earth shattering in the video, it’s basic set up advice. I just don’t rate the 34 at 150mm travel on a heavy bike. I’m in the process of selling my SL and getting a burlier bike, let’s see how long it takes for me to be pining for it ?

Never said it was earth shattering advice. The information about speeding up the front and slowing the rear is good advice and relevant to this thread. The 34 was never going to be great, but you knew that before buying the bike didn't ya ;)

DarrenCC

Apr 3, 2021
Hertfordshire
Never said it was earth shattering advice. The information about speeding up the front and slowing the rear is good advice and relevant to this thread. The 34 was never going to be great, but you knew that before buying the bike didn't ya ;)
You know, I really wanted it to be better and I tried to like it…I’m not really a particular brand fan but my last fork, Pike with all bells and whistles, was sooo much better and nicer to service and work on. That said, my son loves his 36 so maybe things balance out there somewhere.

Hitorogoshi

May 19, 2020
South Africa
You know, I really wanted it to be better and I tried to like it…I’m not really a particular brand fan but my last fork, Pike with all bells and whistles, was sooo much better and nicer to service and work on. That said, my son loves his 36 so maybe things balance out there somewhere.

The 34 for me is really meh mate. On a rocky trail I get the worst trail chatter and arm pump. It doesn't handle small bumps well at all. Coming off a Lyrik Ultimate this fork feels VERY entry level. I'm gonna get rid of it as soon as I get some more cash.

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Seriously thinking of buying an Sl to run along side of my Rail, I have fox 36 grip 2 in 27.5 and wheels so was thinking of increasing the 36 to 170mm giving same A to C as a 150mm 29er fox 34 and changing the Sl to full 27.5.

Anyone see any issues, advice welcome, apart from warranty issues.

cheers.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I run 27.5 at both ends on my SL, (with the original fork). Works great, no need for more travel so far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles