Levo Gen 2 Which Coil Shocks Are Supported on Turbo Levo?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Marzocchi Bomber CR is a bargain i’ve heard. Does it has shaft that can handle Levo’s side forces?

In the context of this thread, you should contact them and ask. This isn't the place to share anecdotes.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Marzocchi Bomber CR is a bargain i’ve heard. Does it has shaft that can handle Levo’s side forces?

Actually, I forgot the Fox bulliten covers marzocchi as well:

I will update the first post to mention marzocchi is not supported.

TuomasR

Jan 14, 2022
Finland
I was interested in the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil and asked whether RS recommends it to be used on Gen3 Levo (from SRAM/RS rider support). The reply: "Unfortunately, we do not recommend using the new Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil on the Specialized Turbo Levo". What a pity :(

Veli-Matti

May 31, 2021
Finland
I was interested in the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil and asked whether RS recommends it to be used on Gen3 Levo (from SRAM/RS rider support). The reply: "Unfortunately, we do not recommend using the new Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil on the Specialized Turbo Levo". What a pity :(
I have super ultimate deluxe coil in my s works gen3 levo. No problem after 2500km. Frame size is S6 and spring 650 lbs

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I have super ultimate deluxe coil in my s works gen3 levo. No problem after 2500km. Frame size is S6 and spring 650 lbs
This Thread isn't for posting our anecdotes about using unsupported shocks unfortunately. The goal here is to have a list of shocks that the manufacturers actually stand behind. Though you had a good experience, what we know is that SRAM will not support you if you have a problem.

Edit: this isn't quite fair. They may support you because you already own the shock. As an analogy I have heard of multiple owners of Fox coil shocks receiving X2 replacements under warranty. But SRAM have explicitly said that it's not supported on the Levo.

philn

Oct 11, 2022
Orange County, CA
I recently asked PUSH regarding 2022 Turbo Levo and CC Long Stroke kit, requiring a 230x65 shock.

1665526049539.png

I'm a huge fan of Cascade links. Currently running one on my Dreadnought with a Storia V3 and loving it.

Thinking about the standard Cascade link for the Levo with 210x55 E-Storia coil shock. Seem to have the best vibes.

It's probably just me, but PUSH has had a consistent history of pushing me away. No bueno... (n)

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Apparently Push is readying a new stronger eyelet for yoke-type bikes as well. No word yet on the official upgrade process but a riding buddy of mine has had his shock on for service for 3 weeks and they let him know the eyelet was being upgraded.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Apparently Push is readying a new stronger eyelet for yoke-type bikes as well. No word yet on the official upgrade process but a riding buddy of mine has had his shock on for service for 3 weeks and they let him know the eyelet was being upgraded.
Stop polluting your own policed thread with rumours :D

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Push issued a voluntary recall on limited 11.6 shock on Levo (gen2 and gen3) due to potential shaft eyelet loosening. Push will update the shock with new components.

GT96

Oct 9, 2022
UK
The coil discussion is really contradicting (Not this forum but just in general)

I'm even more confused now.

- My local Specialized concept store say that only DVO and EXT coil shocks are compatible.

- When emailing TFTuned about this issue, this is the reply I got...

"Hi George,

Ok, as a rule do ignore all the chat on forums just ask us directly.

Of the brands we sell the following are supported and will be warrantied if they fail on a Levo frame. We are the warranty centre for Ohlins, Cane Creek and FAST in the UK and we work closely with SramTech who warranty RockShox so I can tell you this with confidence.

Cane Creek Kitsuma

Ohlins TTX

RockShox Super Deluxe Coil – RS are bringing out an updated version of the shock with a steel shaft but the current stock is still supported on these frame.

FAST Fenix

Fox/ Marzocchi not supported.

If you want our advice on which shock works best for EBikes in terms of performance and reliability it’s the Ohlins TTX every time.

Hope that helps you decide!"

To be honest the shock breaking isn't what i'm most worried about, it's the frame/parts that get taken out with it when it fails.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Have this already been here?

This is possible using a RockShox shock but with a very important caveat. We have only one shock in our lineup that makes this possible by running a special steel lower eyelet that offers the strength required to run on the yoke-style linkage featured on your Turbo Levo. I must emphasize that the below part number is the only coil shock in our lineup that is compatible with your bike. Running any other coil could void the warranty of both your frame and shock.
  • 00.4118.359.045 - RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate RC2T - 210X55Steel Shaft,ProgReb/L1Comp,320lbLock,HydraulicBottomOut,NoBushingStandard,90Deg(8x20)(SpringSoldSeparate)B1SpecializedLevoSL 2022

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Have this already been here?

This is possible using a RockShox shock but with a very important caveat. We have only one shock in our lineup that makes this possible by running a special steel lower eyelet that offers the strength required to run on the yoke-style linkage featured on your Turbo Levo. I must emphasize that the below part number is the only coil shock in our lineup that is compatible with your bike. Running any other coil could void the warranty of both your frame and shock.
  • 00.4118.359.045 - RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate RC2T - 210X55Steel Shaft,ProgReb/L1Comp,320lbLock,HydraulicBottomOut,NoBushingStandard,90Deg(8x20)(SpringSoldSeparate)B1SpecializedLevoSL 2022
Well in typical large company fashion, we've had now 3 different contradicting replies from SRAM...

Where did this information come from? Anyone reading please note the stroke on this shock is longer than stock so Specialized will likely void any warranty EDIT: for Gen2 and S1 Gen3

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
After scanning the forum, I was unable to find much on Specialized and the warranty for a Turbo Levo for a frame. My LBS (San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA) says, "No warranty with a coil!"

In my case, the thought is to replace the Fox Float on Gen 3 with a coil. Figured to post here first.

The same LBS did indicate any air shock is OK.

Thanks!

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
I was interested in the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil and asked whether RS recommends it to be used on Gen3 Levo (from SRAM/RS rider support). The reply: "Unfortunately, we do not recommend using the new Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil on the Specialized Turbo Levo". What a pity

HI. a few months ago I contacted RS and they gave me the code of a superdeluxe ultimate coil with reinforced piston that can be used with turbo levo, if I recover the email I will post it

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
NsByjmfUpymSen1eofOWJtLSGAhH5AH8lX2iG9HJZv6cGYhmS16PxEq5ubrmmr6qw6qM52o2HEfIX31SBKLqdjOLt5E3QNMUzwgPkWrAXc-u1vXmEZZsTBTqZU9EyILfQWGS=s0-d-e1-ft
Henry (RockShox)
Oct 10, 2022, 11:32 CDT
Hi Paulo, thank you for reaching out.

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
It is great knowing that we have choices for coil shocks. The shock makers are standing behind some number of products.

Does Specialized honor their warranty for a coil shock on a Turbo Levo?

Perhaps I missed a post , or two, or many, but I have not found any information online where the frame failed when a coil shock was installed.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
It is great knowing that we have choices for coil shocks. The shock makers are standing behind some number of products.

Perhaps I missed a post , or two, or many, but I have not found any information online where the frame failed when a coil shock was installed.
Any shock will fail before frame...if it's correct lenght, with correct installation kit and correctly installed.

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
Any shock will fail before frame...if it's correct lenght, with correct installation kit and correctly installed.
Thanks. Makes sense.
As noted, absent clarity from Specialized, if the frame were to fail, the LBS here says one is SOL (Sh*t Outta Luck). I figure the risk is worth it at this point.

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA

Replying to my own post. Specialized wrote,
As of right now. If there is a frame issue and you are running anything other than that shock it would void the warranty. If you want to run another coil shock other than the one listed below you would be doing it at your own risk. I hope that helps.
RockShox SDLX coil. The part number is 210x55 part number 00.4118.359.045.
For what it is worth...

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
Here's an article from Rockshox. So it seems that their new coil shock is not compatible even it has steel shaft 😭
And note, works on Kenovo.

Wow. Thanks. That web page is hard to understand at first glance (for me). Seems a specific model will work: RS-SDLC-ULT-B1 . "B1" being important which is the 2023 model.

Press Release | RockShox Product Announcement MY23 - Spoke Magazine

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles