Levo Gen 2 Which Coil Shocks Are Supported on Turbo Levo?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Does anyone know if regular EXT Storia will work fine on Levo (gen3) frame? Or is it only e-storia which is recommended?
I think the most important thing is EXT's HBC (Hydraulic Bottom-out Control), which allows you to use lighter spring and increase bike traction and handling. Select the model where this is. And of course model where is steel shaft.

downduro

Mar 7, 2023
Oslo, Norway
I think the most important thing is EXT's HBC (Hydraulic Bottom-out Control), which allows you to use lighter spring and increase bike traction and handling. Select the model where this is. And of course model where is steel shaft.
Thanks for response, will check that! Got a good deal on lightly used ext storia and am tempted.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Hey Guys, the owner of the „lost co“ says, that the new 23 RS Coil is appproved on the Levo and he says in this video, that he contacted Sram…

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
I do think so but, this side is weird because of the structure.

„Known bike models that fall outside of this specification are: ……. „

For me this part relates to the previous Coil Version, am I right?

IMG_0710.jpeg

TuomasR

Jan 14, 2022
Finland
Yes, the new RS SD Coil supports Levo:

Is a RockShox Super Deluxe Coil or Deluxe Coil rear shock compatible on my bike?​

Coil shocks work best on bikes that have a more progressive leverage rate. Some bike manufacturers may not recommend using a coil shock due to a frame’s linear leverage rate or particular fitment issues. Consult your frame manufacturer to confirm. An air shock may still be preferred due to your frame manufacturer’s suspension kinematics.
2023 Super Deluxe Coil and Deluxe Coil rear shocks were designed from the ground up, in part due to the additional stress yoke/strut designs can put on coil shocks. As such, we have qualified 2023 coil rear shocks for use in these applications. There are 2 known bike model exceptions to this: Commencal Meta TR Power and Specialized Kenevo. These two bike models are only compatible with a Super Deluxe Air shock OR a MY23 Super Deluxe Coil shock WITH a steel shaft.
---------------
The old / previous generation RS SD Coil should not be used in Levo:

Pre-MY23 Super Deluxe Coil (A1-A2)

Pre-2023 RockShox Super Deluxe coil shocks* are not compatible with yoke/strut lengths that fall outside of the below specification:

Shock Stroke Maximum Strut Length

40mm-45mm 118mm
50mm-55mm 90mm
60mm-65mm 72mm
70mm-75mm 37mm

758308a1c9fcd74666f91fa13c198ec6f84dc1511122357da84572a671db51a6.png

*Pre-2023 Super Deluxe Coil rear shocks can be recognized by the model code ending in “A1” or “A2.” Model type, year, and model code can be found by entering the rear shock serial number into either the SRAM Service Site or RockShox Trailhead App. 2023 Super Deluxe Coil and Deluxe Coil rear shocks are identified by the “B1” model code.

Known bike models that fall outside of this specification are:

MY18 – MY23 Commencal Meta and Meta TR Power**
MY20 – MY23 Ibis Ripmo and Ripmo AF
MY19 – MY23 Specialized Stumpjumper, Stumpjumer EVO, Levo (Gen2, Gen3), Levo SL, Kenevo**

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Yes new RS Coil supports

00.4118.359.045 - RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate RC2T - 210X55Steel Shaft,ProgReb/L1Comp,320lbLock,HydraulicBottomOut,NoBushingStandard,90Deg(8x20)(SpringSoldSeparate)B1SpecializedLevoSL 2022

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Yes new RS Coil supports

00.4118.359.045 - RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate RC2T - 210X55Steel Shaft,ProgReb/L1Comp,320lbLock,HydraulicBottomOut,NoBushingStandard,90Deg(8x20)(SpringSoldSeparate)B1SpecializedLevoSL 2022
Dont get me wrong, but the post above says, that the steel version is only necessary for the kenevo. Thats why I am confused about all these different infos. But the post above is from the official Sram webside.

"2023 Super Deluxe Coil and Deluxe Coil rear shocks were designed from the ground up, in part due to the additional stress yoke/strut designs can put on coil shocks. As such, we have qualified 2023 coil rear shocks for use in these applications. There are 2 known bike model exceptions to this: Commencal Meta TR Power and Specialized Kenevo. These two bike models are only compatible with a Super Deluxe Air shock OR a MY23 Super Deluxe Coil shock WITH a steel shaft."

Jan 5, 2023
Greer Ranch
Is there any word on what coils are compatible with the 2023 Levo SL? I'm assuming it falls inline with the 23 Stumpjumper evo? The linkage is different than the Levo and previous gen SL's. Looking at purchasing an 2023 Levo SL S-works in the coming months and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Oldhack79

Aug 30, 2022
Perth, Western Australia
it is awsome!!
I second this! It’s really nice on the Levo. Mine came with a Fox X2, which I had problems with. I threw the coil on and went up 50lb on the spring from what I used on my Stumpy EVO and it was really nice. Tuned the HBO to 2-3 clicks in to stop the bottom out and it’s sweet 👍🏻
Got a replacement X2 from Fox (24 version). Tried that for a while, it doesn’t suit me, I’m going back to the coil 🤘🏻

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles