Levo SL Gen 1 Which fork are you running on your Levo SL?

ridingintheoc

Dec 15, 2020
California
Hey guys, Levo SL Comp owner here looking to make some much needed upgrades.

I ride in so cal and a lot of the stuff I ride is steep and chunky, and the fox 34 rhythm isn't doing it for me.
I was wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction to upgrading my fork.

Which forks are you guys running and how do you feel about it? Do you recommend it?

j1e

Jan 24, 2021
Michigan, USA
Impressed with how plush stock fork is (on Comp SL), but have noticed a lot of flex.

Already had an extra Pike and Fanatik had 160mm Push ACS-3 kits for $199, so starting there.

Otherwise would have gone Zeb w/ Smashpot - and will if Pike proves 'flexy' @ 160mm...

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Fox 36 with Vorsprung coil conversion here, being a Biffer I found to get the correct sag the air pressure is so high that small bump sensitivity was crap and I was right out on the limits of the damper. Now its bloody ace!!

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Lyric Ultimate 160mm 51mm offset for me.
Love it!

That, with a Super Deluxe Ultimate on the rear have made it like a completely different bike.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Manitou mezzer . Great fork. Stiff as the 38s (or too close to call), lighter by a few hundred grams, better air spring (IMO) with the dual positive chambers, and adjustable internally travel. I currently have mine at 170mm but can go from
140-180 without purchasing anything else.

ridingintheoc

Dec 15, 2020
California
Thanks for the reply guys. It seems like most people are running 160 rather than 150. What are the pros and cons? And has anyone looked at the ebike adjusted forks from Fox? Any thoughts on those?

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
DVO Diamond D1, 51mm at 160mm with the T3 Air out back.

Had it out yesterday for the first time, still winter here but managed about an hour of stairs and such. Still some tuning to do I'm happy with my first impressions of it.

160mm seemed to really mellow the bike a bit. It seemed plusher than the 34 on the same townie trails I take when the coppers aren't around...

Mihail

Nov 11, 2019
Munich
I have also updated my Lyrik to ultimate and 160mm. Like it much more now and it is inspiring more confidence... Hope not too much :)

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Hey guys, Levo SL Comp owner here looking to make some much needed upgrades.

I ride in so cal and a lot of the stuff I ride is steep and chunky, and the fox 34 rhythm isn't doing it for me.
I was wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction to upgrading my fork.

Which forks are you guys running and how do you feel about it? Do you recommend it?
I couldn't get anywhere near the correct sag at max psi on the 34's so the day after buying a Levo SL is bought the 2021 Lyrik ultimate 160mm 51mm offset. They're super plush and absorb anything I hit with them. I'm 240lbs and run 105psi with 28% sag and have room for another 60psi. They're quick to dial in and easy to adjust on the fly. I prefer them over the 36 factory I had prior.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
170mm Fox 38
44 offset
Rides great
88E8AB9E-3FDA-4EC0-8474-9B6AE0728488.jpeg

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I couldn't get anywhere near the correct sag at max psi on the 34's so the day after buying a Levo SL is bought the 2021 Lyrik ultimate 160mm 51mm offset. They're super plush and absorb anything I hit with them. I'm 240lbs and run 105psi with 28% sag and have room for another 60psi. They're quick to dial in and easy to adjust on the fly. I prefer them over the 36 factory I had prior.
so does the 160 have a 10 mm higher ride height ? or it's not that simple, the lyrik needs less psi. I hate that feeling when i forget to check rear shock sag and it rides low and the front high and the bike feels floppy

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
so does the 160 have a 10 mm higher ride height ? or it's not that simple, the lyrik needs less psi. I hate that feeling when i forget to check rear shock sag and it rides low and the front high and the bike feels floppy
It gives you 10mm of extra travel, no noticeable ride height difference or geometry as the difference is marginal, not that I've noticed so far. However I have noticed less pedal strikes with the 160 travel upfront. I run the Fox float X2 factory on rear at 30%sag 210x55 @285psi . I've never needed to top up the psi. Either the Lyrik or 36 will be a superior upgrade to the 34 rythems.

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
Manitou mezzer . Great fork. Stiff as the 38s (or too close to call), lighter by a few hundred grams, better air spring (IMO) with the dual positive chambers, and adjustable internally travel. I currently have mine at 170mm but can go from
140-180 without purchasing anything else.

Do you prefer 170mm more than 160mm for levo SL? Do you think of going back to 160mm at one point? Geo wasn't adversely affected or did you use offset bushings? I'm currently running 150mm on mine (lyrik) and debating whether I should go 160mm or 170mm.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Do you prefer 170mm more than 160mm for levo SL? Do you think of going back to 160mm at one point? Geo wasn't adversely affected or did you use offset bushings? I'm currently running 150mm on mine (lyrik) and debating whether I should go 160mm or 170mm.

i have run 170mm for some time. For my style of riding with lots of steeps and “enduro” trails, the slacker hta and added travel is a benefit. I run a bit more sag on the fork so the overall ride height isn’t that different than 160mm. The bike also feels a b it more balanced given that I am running a ext storia and cc link which makes the rear ride like it has more travel

I am running an offset bushing but it’s to make the bike slacker.

I am actually at 63.6 deg hta right now in a mullet configuration. Really like how the bike is riding right now. Though I will probably go back to full 29er in a few weeks.

If you primarily like mellower trail riding ... 170mm probably doesn’t make much sense. But if you can, it’s worth to experiment

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
i have run 170mm for some time. For my style of riding with lots of steeps and “enduro” trails, the slacker hta and added travel is a benefit. I run a bit more sag on the fork so the overall ride height isn’t that different than 160mm. The bike also feels a b it more balanced given that I am running a ext storia and cc link which makes the rear ride like it has more travel

I am running an offset bushing but it’s to make the bike slacker.

I am actually at 63.6 deg hta right now in a mullet configuration. Really like how the bike is riding right now. Though I will probably go back to full 29er in a few weeks.

If you primarily like mellower trail riding ... 170mm probably doesn’t make much sense. But if you can, it’s worth to experiment

Cool, I ordered a 170mm shaft and will swap it out this weekend. But gotta say 63.9 hta on a levo SL sounds wicked lol. Is the mezzer pro better than lyrik ultimate? Been thinking of getting one instead of my possible lyrik + runt + B1 shaft (not C1) combination.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Cool, I ordered a 170mm shaft and will swap it out this weekend. But gotta say 63.9 hta on a levo SL sounds wicked lol. Is the mezzer pro better than lyrik ultimate? Been thinking of getting one instead of my possible lyrik + runt + B1 shaft (not C1) combination.
Personally I think the mezzer is better:

stiffer chassis
More adjustable airspring
Better damper for most scenarios

I did have a 2019 lyrik that I modified with and additional air chamber and push hc97 damper. It was close but the mezzer still win for my riding IMO. Lyrik may have been slightly more sensitive off the top, but I really don’t feel that in the trail

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
Personally I think the mezzer is better:

stiffer chassis
More adjustable airspring
Better damper for most scenarios

I did have a 2019 lyrik that I modified with and additional air chamber and push hc97 damper. It was close but the mezzer still win for my riding IMO. Lyrik may have been slightly more sensitive off the top, but I really don’t feel that in the trail

Alright. You convinced me into getting one. Time to cancel the airshaft. Thanks man, see you on the trails.

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
I’m on an Ohlins RXF 36 M.2 coil. It is a significant improvement over the 34 stock fork. I haven’t compared it to a high spec air fork though. I run a coil on the back too. I like the “set it and forget it” nature of coils, but I just need to figure out how to set it hahaha.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I have an Ohlins RXF 36 M.2 Air 170mm fork and am testing out the Ohlins TTX 22 M shock with the Cascade link. My first impressions were that the shock was a tad bouncy (Rebound: 2 LSC: 6) compared to the stock DPS shock (R: 9) but the fork is awesome! I have yet to hit anything bigger than a 4 foot drop to flat into some gnar but on my regular warm up trail of poppy 2 foot doubles and drops I really am not seeing much of a difference between the shocks. Other than the fork being so exceptional, I am sure that with more time and different trails to try, I will find a shock that is noticeably better than the stock Fox DPS. I am just not a fan of air shocks as they cost so much to maintain.

j1e

Jan 24, 2021
Michigan, USA
Impressed with how plush stock fork is (on Comp SL), but have noticed a lot of flex.

Already had an extra Pike and Fanatik had 160mm Push ACS-3 kits for $199, so starting there.

Otherwise would have gone Zeb w/ Smashpot - and will if Pike proves 'flexy' @ 160mm...
Update: Pike weighed in @ 2,140g after ACS3 conversion w/ 20ml per side Motorex 10wt Fork Oil and black spring.

Currently running 25 psi in bump stop which is very supportive yet fork is super plush. Even at 160mm Pike has been great with no flex noted although am using full travel with hucks to flat (Pinkbike style). May try gray spring, but will try more psi first as I am good right now, but plans call for bigger hits...

Bike still handles and climbs great w/160mm fork. Better imo as I prefer the slightly slacker HTA.

Need to address shock now, though... Arma?

nicknameless

Aug 14, 2020
Birmingham
Actually stuck a dtswiss 535 on mine. They were recently very cheap on wiggle in the UK (got mine for £350 IIRC). Very good fork - very supportive and comfy. Not setting the world on fire gnar wise so not limited by it either as per most of the reviews I read. Have an ohlins M2 on non e-bike and that is more controlled but not a million miles better.

DarrenCC

Apr 3, 2021
Hertfordshire
Actually stuck a dtswiss 535 on mine. They were recently very cheap on wiggle in the UK (got mine for £350 IIRC).

how did you get them this cheap?!

I have recently stumbled across the manitou mezzer expert as a Fox 34 replacement option. Any opinions anyone on this? It sounds very tuneable and I found it at a killer price in Germany

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles