Which Ergon saddle do you use?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
wich ergon saddle do you use? E-bike models or other? Pros/cons? Likes/dislikes?
Tanks

Jun 15, 2021
sussex
I use an Ergon e mountain sport saddle.
Pros:
really comfy for me which outweighs any cons.
Cons:
not as low profile as the previous saddle meaning my dropper is now a couple of mm too long for me
the hole in it is not ideal for a MTB saddle because as soon as I ride through anything wet my arse gets soaked and muddy
I would imagine if you have small balls that hang low they could get stuck in the hole if you ride naked

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
I use the Sm E-mountain core prime for 4 month, the most comfortable out of the many I had before, within reasonable weight and size. The « Core prime » brings significant improvement vs. standard Sm E-mountain.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
The SM E-Mountain Core Prime is the only one that works for me, not cheap, but worth every penny. It's the fifth I tried in 2 years:

1 - Original Spesh that came with the bike - 2 months
2 - Selle Italia from my old Orange MTB - 1 month
3 - Ergon SM E-Mountain - a few months
4 - SQ Labs - about the same as the Ergon SM E-Mountain
5 - Ergon SM - Mountain Core Prime - almost a year now and the best I've ridden

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I use an Ergon SMC Sport Gel Men. It seems OK, but could it be better? I don't really know because of the bewildering number of options that Ergon offers. Just filtering 'MTB/AllMtn/trail still gives 9 options. I went for mine because it was one of the cheaper (albeit still expensive for a saddle) ones. I just wish Ergon would shave down their range a bit. Different width and discipline options maybe, but other than that an arse is an arse really. Is there really much difference between say a Mountain Core Prime and mine? I have no idea and thats the problem.

Beatn1K

Jan 25, 2020
UK
SMC4-L
Also think the Ergon line up is confusing...Lucked out with the SMC4, as its the difference between riding or staying at home talking smak on the internet..!
I bought something else by Ergon which turned out to be expensive and uncomfortable ( Its on my turbo trainer now). Doesnt even have a model designation on it. Bit sh1t really...they could make it easier. Nerds eh !
Would like to try an SM-E Mountain Core Prime too. Cant find one in stock however....

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
SM Core Prime owner here. Only done two 15 mile and one 20 mile ride on it so far but its pretty damn comfy. I get really sore glutes and sit bones on longer rides and finally it dawned on me that I should upgrade my saddle (previous was Chromag TrailMaster). Yes they arent cheap but who cares if it makes riding my bike fun again. It is thick and you will need to drop your post a bit if you descend steep trails but so far I'm happy with it. I won;t be able to do any serious rides to really test it for a while as we got a shit ton of snow around the Seattle area where I live but I'm pretty sure its the ticket

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
The Ergon Core Prime saddles are super comfortable. I use the regular SMC Core (non-E version) on my Levo SL, Creo, and Stumpjumper. The Core seats absorb more vibration/bumps than most other seats allow me to keep more weight on the seat at times in order to pedal over rough sections. Worth the weight penalty on my nonmotorized “Amish” Stumpy.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Ergon SM Pro. Bought it before I had an ebike and it fitted so well, I moved it to the ebike for those longer rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles