Better saddle - more comfortable?

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
Anyone suggest a more comfortable saddle? The fzik that comes on the rise is god dam painful to ride on, I’m not small either but not massive. Anything that doesn’t look like a sofa please :0)

thx138

Jun 28, 2021
US
There is no real answer for that, its very much a personal thing. But I like the WTB Pure

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
WTB Pure V for me too. I have that on 4 different bikes and a WTB Volt on another bike. I have so many old saddles laying around that didn't work for me that I could wallpaper a room with them. The Pure is the best for me, but that is very personal to what saddle best fits your particular caboose.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
A nice combo of light weight and good comfort are the Specialized Elaston saddles. I have 2 Phenom Pro Elaston's. Not sure they make them anymore though :(

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Ergon SM Pro Saddle for me, not an e-bike specific saddle but don't know its there, unlike previous saddles.
Bonus if the rear lip color matches your bike? :cool:

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
You need find out what width saddle you need as more than likely the saddle you have isn't wide enough or is too wide which can cause discomfort

To do this you need to measure your sit bones, your sit bones are what should be supporting your body weight on the saddle

To measure them the cheapest and easiest way is like this

Once you know the distance between your sit bones you can select the right width saddle, next you also need to look at saddle shape

Saddles come in various shapes (flat, curved, cut out etc...) and lengths so its best to find what shape fits your body

Then look at padding density, you dont want something with lots of padding or something with no padding

Finally there is saddle set up, getting the angle and height right, get the angle wrong and you will put extra pressure in the wrong places, get the height wrong then you will overstretch your legs

This will all help you find a saddle that works for you and get the best set up for your body

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
There is no real answer for that, its very much a personal thing. But I like the Ergon SM E-Mountain Pro Saddle
Luv mine ,prime version
Had it a few months , after binning my previous object of torture
It's pure luxury , no more pain

Currently on my 5th consecutive day of hard riding in North Wales, no discomfort whatsoever

Last edited:

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
I really, really recommend the Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime. It's the most comfortable saddle i've tried by far, and it's made specifically for EMTBs. Specifically the 'core prime', not the 'pro' or 'sport'. The Core Prime is a foam material used as a layer that moves with your body so you feel a better connection with the bike. It's the same stuff thats used in my Adidas Boost shoes.

Have a scroll through this link to see what im talking about:

Bit hard to find in stock, but i managed to find one locally.

paske

Apr 2, 2021
Belgium
I really, really recommend the Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime. It's the most comfortable saddle i've tried by far, and it's made specifically for EMTBs. Specifically the 'core prime', not the 'pro' or 'sport'. The Core Prime is a foam material used as a layer that moves with your body so you feel a better connection with the bike. It's the same stuff thats used in my Adidas Boost shoes.

+1
The best saddle I never had!

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
Love the look of the Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime however its not available anywhere! thanks for the replies chaps..

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Another option is to find a shop that has the WTB demo saddle set. Try a couple different styles and widths.

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
After a month or so of good riding your sit bones will adapt. Sit on some ice after ever ride.

With 2 young kids i havent got time to sit down normally never mind on ice :) had the bike a few months and the saddle seems worse to me now then when i first got it so i have to change it just not keen on £150 for a seat, i will take a look at the cheaper suggestions.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Prologo Kappa Evo Pas and the SQLab 611 Active here. I hardly ever think about them, which is a good sign in my book.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles