What saddle?

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
So I had a wtb volt seat steel rails on my emtb, first 2yrs were pretty good then it started to creak and crack so I replaced it with another wtb volt but this time a cromoly rails which is great comfort wise but it's stuffed after a month.

Any suggestions on a solid seat that can put up with my fat arse.

What it sounds like

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
So I had a wtb volt seat steel rails on my emtb, first 2yrs were pretty good then it started to creak and crack so I replaced it with another wtb volt but this time a cromoly rails which is great comfort wise but it's stuffed after a month.

Any suggestions on a solid seat that can put up with my fat arse.

What it sounds like

Apart from making the creaking noise, what’s wrong with it ?

I have a WTB Volt with cromoly rails and it’s creaked like that since day one, but there’s nothing actually wrong with it

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
You certain it's the saddle?

Everything on a bike makes noise. To quiet down that area, I like a thin film of anti-seize on the top surface of the seatpost, the bottom half of the clamp, the top half of the clamp, the surfaces that hold the rails, the screw heads, the threads, and the outside of the nuts. Grease will suffice if you don't have anti-seize. I'll bet you a pint that solves the problem.

Reactions: iXi

Kamill

Apr 20, 2022
Massachusetts
My gravel bike's saddle will make that same creaking noise until it's torqued to ~8nm. Try to tighten it up and see if the noise goes away?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
You really need to know the width of your sit bones. If you have a seat that works well, then measure that at its widest part and use the measurement as part of the criteria for a new seat.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
My gravel bike's saddle will make that same creaking noise until it's torqued to ~8nm. Try to tighten it up and see if the noise goes away?

I think you may be into something here. I thought the seat was tight enough. Grabbed out the torque wrench and tightened to 8nm, so far just using my hands I can't get it to crack. Will take it for a spin once the rain subsides and see if it's done the trick.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles