What Pressure Washer

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
Hi I am looking to buy a portable pressure washer to save getting back of my van full of mud, products that I can find seem to have mixed reviews.

What do people here have?

Blackbird

May 23, 2018
Netherlands
Pressure washer has a very high chance of getting water into parts that cannot deal with it. Just use a hose and a brush, works great.

If you do want to risk it, a pressure washer requires a not insignificant amount of energy, so you will either need a very big inverter + instalation (big cables) or a questionable 12v washer or a pressure washer that runs on petrol.

Or you just get a tank of water, a 12v low pressure pump (camping/boat) and wash it with low pressure and a brush.
If i was looking for a way to wash my bike before transport, that is the way i would do it.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I have an Aqua2go. Has its own built in battery & can run off 12v. It is a water spray rather than jet wash so no issues with bearings etc. Bit pricey but we use it as a water supply when camping. Holds enough water to do a quick spruce of 4 bikes in winter mud or a better job of 3 bikes.

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
I have an Aqua2go. Has its own built in battery & can run off 12v. It is a water spray rather than jet wash so no issues with bearings etc. Bit pricey but we use it as a water supply when camping. Holds enough water to do a quick spruce of 4 bikes in winter mud or a better job of 3 bikes.
This was the one I was looking at the most but seems to get mixed reviews about build quality, looks like its a made in china components as it is branded a few different names but looks exactly the same.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
This was the one I was looking at the most but seems to get mixed reviews about build quality, looks like its a made in china components as it is branded a few different names but looks exactly the same.

I have had to replace a spray head which cracked when it froze up in my van over the winter.
I think most complaints are from folk who try to remove the pump from the tank to use the stand alone feature and break it putting it back together.
At least with the Aqua2Go you can buy all the parts to repair it if necessary.

If you find an alternative I’d be interested to hear about it.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Lidl!
If you are quick you might find the battery operated washer they were doing for the last few weeks - perfect for bike, rechargeable by mains or car, holds the water so totally self contained- pressure perfectly ok for bike/dog etc - NOT high pressure like a Karcher etc - £39

This is NOT the normal car pressure washer that has just gone in to store - although that is pretty compact.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I’ll second the Mobi from chain reaction , just the right pressure and also takes hot water and has a shower head for camping etc

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
I've had the Mobi V17 for about 4 years although I think it had another name when I bought it from CRC.

It's a good unit. Pressure is not too much, so good for the bike and rinsing off the car. Never even thought about using it to shower ffs :)

Mikejacko

Jul 12, 2018
N.Wales
The Karcher 0c3 is £75 on amazon at the moment looks similar to the Mobi.I've used one of the £20 ebay washers and that was fine but if I was to spend more I'd get the worx hydroshot that R120 linked to just because it would get more use around the house.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Reactions: Dax

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Just going to repost my post
Love to know if a Dewalt battery would fit that , I have heard that they do fit some of these cheaper branded items , it seems they have copied the battery fitting on some , it does look similar .

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It still needs a separate water supply, something the OP was keen to avoid.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Look at this bad boy, not compact, and probably not cheap, but 15l tank and a big battery

Fontus | Cordless outdoor cleaners | Pressure washers | Garden | Bosch

595BAD2C-3682-49DB-B656-C5FD5F076771.png

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
Just buy this:

Sealey PW1712 Pressure Washer 12V Rechargeable

Not high pressure, but perfect pressure for any bike. It's portable, rechargeable, holds loads of water, has an adjustable jet, a soap system, a shower head and a charge lasts ages. Was initially a bit flimsy but Sealey have updated all of the most troublesome parts like the quick lock hose connectors, and parts are dirt cheap and readily available anyway. Highly recommended.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles