Portable pressure washers

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have a V15 (I may have already posted that a few times...) and it's perfect for my requirements. I haven't bought any extras for it but I do carry an extra 25L of water for those properly grim days where you wished you stayed in bed.
Since you lost quite a lot of weight, do you find you need less water ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
For me, yes, for the bike, not so much. It seems to get even dirtier these days, probably because each ride is longer.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Every time I mention to a bike shop I jet wash the thing, they seem to start quivering.......hopefully the bearings on ebikes are a little sturdier ?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
only time my power washer gets anywhere near the bike is to make use of the snow foam lance to lazily apply some cleaning product. A good coating of silicone shine (or equivalent) and there's not too much just a normal hose attachment won't take off. But a portable one would certainly be a lot more effective out after the trails away from home compared to my current solution...
1606253998810.png

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
only time my power washer gets anywhere near the bike is to make use of the snow foam lance to lazily apply some cleaning product. A good coating of silicone shine (or equivalent) and there's not too much just a normal hose attachment won't take off. But a portable one would certainly be a lot more effective out after the trails away from home compared to my current solution...
View attachment 45428

Ive been using that exact one, it’s alright but your constantly pumping with one hand and not great for stubborn stuff......I need to find some better brush jet wash antidotes maybe

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Right, so like I said earlier in the thread, if you buy a £10 visqueen sheet, and put your muddy bike on top, then go home and wash it down, how is faffing with water and a mobile washer that would cost 8x more a better idea when you have to kind of wash the bike twice? This is the part where I'm wondering what I'm missing, your saying 'get mud off the car' well obviously....but then if you stick a sheet down in the boot of the car, theres no mud is there. I saw someone doing this the other day and I was like, oh that's surely the cheapest, easiest thing to do

Here this thing is called a visqueen sheet......I'm not even being sarcastic and wondering if you know what it does? :p

c152568cb12381fde579b40e86e6658a.png

I use a sheet in my car, have been for years, and it's ok. However, I don't usually have time after a ride, especially a night ride, to clean the bike, so the mud dries on. We all know it's far easier to get your bike clean whilst the muck that's on it is still fresh and wet, so cleaning the next day becomes a faff and you also end up with dried mud and muck all over the sheet, which falls off into your car when you remove it. So, for me, it makes sense to have some sort of washing facility to get the shite off straight after a ride. That way, the sheet gets wet, but you minimise the amount of shite getting into your vehicle and you can wash your shoes, legs and anything else that gets really mucky at this time of year. To that end I bought the Bosch Fortus, which also doubles up as a handy dog and boot washer, for those muddy winter hikes.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I’ve got the Mobi V15 coming for an Xmas present, most of the trails I ride are a mudfest so will be good to wash the bike before getting home.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I use a sheet in my car, have been for years, and it's ok. However, I don't usually have time after a ride, especially a night ride, to clean the bike, so the mud dries on. We all know it's far easier to get your bike clean whilst the muck that's on it is still fresh and wet, so cleaning the next day becomes a faff and you also end up with dried mud and muck all over the sheet, which falls off into your car when you remove it. So, for me, it makes sense to have some sort of washing facility to get the shite off straight after a ride. That way, the sheet gets wet, but you minimise the amount of shite getting into your vehicle and you can wash your shoes, legs and anything else that gets really mucky at this time of year. To that end I bought the Bosch Fortus, which also doubles up as a handy dog and boot washer, for those muddy winter hikes.

I tried the dry approach once and was a nightmare, crap all over the sheet left over, now I’ll just stick with the worx

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I see CRC / wiggle put the V15 up from £50 to £75, and the V17 from £100 to £112.50 on Tuesday, and are classing them as Black Friday deals.
What a shower of sh1t!
I’ve seen the V17 at £60 before when I didn’t want one. Now I do, they’re inflating the price!!

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Just bought the WG630E from Amazon.

Here’s a good comparison of the different models
1606708648186.png

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
It’s my birthday today, and my wife said to order one as my present. I’m going for the Bosch Fontus - as it seems to be the best all in one. I was going to get a Mobi V17... but since it’s £150 everywhere (my mate paid £60 for it earlier in the year from CRC), I’d rather pay the extra and get the Bosch.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I've just bought a Norse SK25i, only £100 VNX2 similar specs to the Worx, the selling point (although not officially) is that Makita batteries fit, and I've got loads of those ?

Dec 18, 2019
UK
It’s my birthday today, and my wife said to order one as my present. I’m going for the Bosch Fontus - as it seems to be the best all in one. I was going to get a Mobi V17... but since it’s £150 everywhere (my mate paid £60 for it earlier in the year from CRC), I’d rather pay the extra and get the Bosch.

I'm chuffed with mine so far. The smaller trigger/nozzle makes it easy to manoeuvre around your bike into all the positions required to get to every nook and cranny. I've used it on Level 2 to clean my bike and 3 for the car. It's nowhere near the pressure of a 240v machine, but is way better than my hosepipe on the crappy mains pressure we get.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Can anyone make a personal recommendation? I've seen a few reviews but remain none the wiser.

Please resist the temptation to lecture about the wisdom of using a pressure washer on an e-bike. I am aware of the risks which is partly why I'm looking for recommendations. Small is good, I only want to wash one bike at the park before putting it in the car. Both battery and plug into 12V lighter port would be good. I'm currently using a Hozelock 1.5 litre manual garden pump but I don't think it will be up to the job of winter mud. I'm also thinking that if I'm taking time to clean the bike at the bike park I might as well do a thorough job and not have to do it again when I get home. To date I've looked at:

Karcha OC3
Jetwet
Mobi V17
Worx Hydro Shot

Al
I've got the Mobi and it is great. I have just bought the optional brush and dispenser (small) and that's great too.I use it with warm - hot water at home.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I'm chuffed with mine so far. The smaller trigger/nozzle makes it easy to manoeuvre around your bike into all the positions required to get to every nook and cranny. I've used it on Level 2 to clean my bike and 3 for the car. It's nowhere near the pressure of a 240v machine, but is way better than my hosepipe on the crappy mains pressure we get.

Ive got fairly decent mains pressure, and can get a hose to my bike in about 30 seconds when I’m at home. The problem is, the bike is usually caked in dried mud by then... and it’s difficult to come off.
Different story when cycling from home (Covid), as the wet mud washes off with no effort.

My aim is to wash at the trail and get the worst off whilst it’s wet. I use a tow bar mount bike rack, so the bike will still pick up road muck on the way home (in winter anyway) so will probably still need cleaned when I get home. It’ll just be much easier and quicker with the thick stuff gone.
In summer, a wash at the trial should be all I need.

Another plus is I can fill the Fontas with warm water to hopefully keep my hands warmer in winter.

I’ll also carry it with me when I take my daughter (5 years old) or my son (1 1/2) in his pram out to some of the parks we go, as the wheels get in such a mess, and they both end up in my boot filthy!
The only downside is the Fontas looks pretty big - so I’m not sure if it’ll fit with a big pram and kids bike?!

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
remarkably my Worx washer just shit the bed and I filed a warranty claim for a replacement.... stand by for details.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Ive got fairly decent mains pressure, and can get a hose to my bike in about 30 seconds when I’m at home. The problem is, the bike is usually caked in dried mud by then... and it’s difficult to come off.
Different story when cycling from home (Covid), as the wet mud washes off with no effort.

My aim is to wash at the trail and get the worst off whilst it’s wet. I use a tow bar mount bike rack, so the bike will still pick up road muck on the way home (in winter anyway) so will probably still need cleaned when I get home. It’ll just be much easier and quicker with the thick stuff gone.
In summer, a wash at the trial should be all I need.

Another plus is I can fill the Fontas with warm water to hopefully keep my hands warmer in winter.

I’ll also carry it with me when I take my daughter (5 years old) or my son (1 1/2) in his pram out to some of the parks we go, as the wheels get in such a mess, and they both end up in my boot filthy!
The only downside is the Fontas looks pretty big - so I’m not sure if it’ll fit with a big pram and kids bike?!

I've got a Suzuki Swift 5 door and it fits in behind the front passenger seat when it's in the forward position. I get the bike in, on it's side and wheels removed, with the front seat forward and the rear's down flat and it sits on top of the Bosch, which is also conveniently out of sight.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I've got a Suzuki Swift 5 door and it fits in behind the front passenger seat when it's in the forward position. I get the bike in, on it's side and wheels removed, with the front seat forward and the rear's down flat and it sits on top of the Bosch, which is also conveniently out of sight.

If I’m on my own and going out on my bike, then I’ve pretty much got the whole boot to fill - so no worries there.

The one I am worried about is if I’m out with the family, and I have 2 kids, a pram, and a 5 year olds bike. The pram and bike pretty much fill the boot as it is.
The pram won’t be there forever though, and it’ll probably change to being a balance bike or scooter in the next year or 2!

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Worx Hydroshot 630e has been good. The 4ah battery seems to capable washing the bike 2-3 times. The nozzlepipe(?) attachment to the washer has play and I can see how it will break at some moment.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Damnit! My Fontas is out for delivery today... to my work... which is closed!
Amazon said it’d be delivered on the 5th January, so I picked my work address. Typical they try and deliver it early!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There are quite a few alternatives to the Worx now that follow the same design, even Karcher have one:

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Yeah they all seem similar in terms of specs, the one I've got is even cheaper now, not sure how it compares with the Worx etc but it's definitely powerful enough for bike cleaning.

If you've got any Makita batteries then it's even better.

Norse SK25i

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yeah they all seem similar in terms of specs, the one I've got is even cheaper now, not sure how it compares with the Worx etc but it's definitely powerful enough for bike cleaning.

If you've got any Makita batteries then it's even better.

Norse SK25i
It was this picture on Amazon which makes me wonder how good the Norse is ?? Are they suggesting you can use it as an aqua jet and fly ? Or is it a liquid laser for Moles ?

Norse.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles