Pressure Washer ... is 25 bar too high?

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
Yep, last couple of times I haven't needed it, trails even up here are drying out.

My squirt gun keeps disconnecting itself from the hose. I think I need to make a return if I can jury-rig a fix.

Paulcon

Mar 27, 2022
Cheshire
I’ve for the Worx Hydroshot, and a 10L Jerry can, so I can clean my bike before putting it in the back of my car.

The worx is a great option because it’s portable and only slightly more powerful than a garden hose, obviously I stay away from the motor.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Utterly pointless. The motors get used In driving rain, mud, puddles and streams all the time. The front wheel fires water straight at the motor area. That’s what they are designed for. It’s not a problem. You’re not going to cause any issues sensibly washing it.
Surprising what you find, browsing this site. :unsure:

Untitled.png

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Surprising what you find, browsing this site. :unsure:

View attachment 87014
Haha. I mean that's fair, but I'm unconvinced that washing the bike is worse than using it in the driving slop, which is an unavoidable part of UK biking over the winter. None of the bikes referenced above are pressure washed, but none are only used in the dry and then just dusted off either.

I don't jet wash the bikes by the way, I use this gadget to help get them clean. It works brilliantly, with almost zero water pressure at the bike.

antti86

Subscriber
Jul 27, 2020
Finland
karcher_oc3_plus_3.jpg

I have kärcher OC 3 plus, 7 litres water tank. It's low pressure, but enough to get bike clean. I live in apartment building and store my bike on the living room, so this has been good solution for me.

surfperch61385

Jul 12, 2021
US
I try to avoid water as much as possible, id never use a hose to clean my bike. I laugh when I see off road vehicles that are polished top to bottom. Clean the parts that ought to be clean, remove what you can with a brush and a towel. Everything else just adds chericter. Show the world that you actually use your bike.

Last edited:

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Bit late to this thread but I've been using the Norse SK25i for about 18 months now, was using a Mobi 17 for a year or so before that, never had any issues with water ingress.

Just need to be sensible about where you're pointing it, why would anyone fire it straight at the motor anyway! 🤔 oh and the Norse does have a lower setting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles