Apr 10, 2023
UK
See how I get on with this 🤟

IMG_20240411_194303.jpg
IMG_20240411_194700.jpg

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
I haven't a clue what they are , space age chainring ? help.

It's called a "Speedi" it's a mechanical de-restricter. Hopefully undetectable by Bosch smart system and easy to remove without trace if needed.

It will only increase assistance up to around 25mph.
It has limitations compared to a chip but I still have a year of warranty on the bike so it's a safer option, fingers crossed.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
It's called a "Speedi" it's a mechanical de-restricter. Hopefully undetectable by Bosch smart system and easy to remove without trace if needed.

It has limitations compared to a chip but I still have a year of warranty on the bike so it's a safer option, fingers crossed.
Keep explaining.... I'm not curious in terms of wanting to do it... but i'm VERY curious to know more about the tech/system as a bit of a nerd.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Keep explaining.... I'm not curious in terms of wanting to do it... but i'm VERY curious to know more about the tech/system as a bit of a nerd.

It's a planetary gear system that fixes to the wheel hub/axel, it replaces the stock fixed speed magnet and uses it's own magnet inside the rotating gears.
It reduces the magnet rotation by 1.5 tricking the system into thinking it's going slower than it actually is thus increasing assisted speed.

It's an improved method similar to moving the stock magnet onto the crank arm but with the benefit of the smart system not detecting it as it's constantly rotating, unlike the crank arm method that the system will pick up and cause an error.
That's the hope anyway.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Sounds perfect. That's about the max I would ever want and probably 20mph would do me for the road mainly. Will Google speeding and see what comes up.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
It seems like a good device, like I say it does have some draw backs compared to a chip. It's mechanical so will eventually wear out, though it's supposedly good for thousands of miles, it's limited to 1.5x of your top assisted speed, it can't be tuned or adjusted and maybe the biggest draw back is your milage and speed will be inaccurate, also it will only fit certain bikes with disc magnets.

Here's the official website, though the "two wheel empire" is the UK distributor

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
It seems like a good device, like I say it does have some draw backs compared to a chip. It's mechanical so will eventually wear out, though it's supposedly good for thousands of miles, it's limited to 1.5x of your top assisted speed, it can't be tuned or adjusted and maybe the biggest draw back is your milage and speed will be inaccurate, also it will only fit certain bikes with disc magnets.

Here's the official website, though the "two wheel empire" is the UK distributor

Had a look and sent a mail as mine has hope hub and rotor. The lad that does some of my repairs said he's just fitted one for someone and it's working well. Cheap as well.

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
What stops the bike from swinging around when you are working on it?

It's really not disturbing for me, I've been used to this kind of thing for a long time... I started motocross at 15 years old, and I was already repairing my machines myself, and I'm almost 65 next May.. the swinging is not really a problem.. I have the patience as a non-professional 🍻

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Finally found the time to install my bike lift, the wooden cleat is pegged to the ceiling in the slab, but as it is red bricks, as a precaution I also glued it with Sika 11FC..

now I will be able to mount my wheels tubeless with the inserts..

View attachment 138343
View attachment 138344

Happy Sunday everyone 🍻
I have the exact same bike lift as you do! I just use it for storage though in my garage. I do like your solution of using the cord to support the rear. I never did like the hooks under the seat. I used to use a bungie cord to hold it to the post.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Finally found the time to install my bike lift, the wooden cleat is pegged to the ceiling in the slab, but as it is red bricks, as a precaution I also glued it with Sika 11FC..

now I will be able to mount my wheels tubeless with the inserts..

View attachment 138343
View attachment 138344

Happy Sunday everyone 🍻
My son bought me exactly the same one too for Christmas 2021, I thought it wouldn’t be strong enough to hold my bike but I’ve swung from it so my bike has nothing to worry about 🤣🤣yeah it swings about a bit but it’s great for lubing my chain and similar jobs as it’s almost eye level, sweet bit of kit 🙏

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
It's a Creo SL E5 Comp.
second hand with upgraded wheels. First ride this afternoon, rides well but a bit bumpy on skinny tyres.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
It's a Creo SL E5 Comp.
second hand with upgraded wheels. First ride this afternoon, rides well but a bit bumpy on skinny tyres.
I think I would only be doing good forest tracks and some road touring . Too muddy in winter to be having three dirty rides a week one is ok though

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
Michlin E-Wild (29x2.6) rear, E-Wild (29x2.6) front and Wild Enduro (29x2.4) front tyres.

I'd used E-Wild rear & Wild Enduro combo on my Rail previously as 'back-to-front' widths with good results so bought another pair, the wider front E-Wild is to try:unsure:

will be using Nukeproof's 'ARD' foam insert things as I bought a load from Wiggle in they're dying moments @ £15 for a pair (27.5" items but can be spliced so I've sacrificed one to extend 10😎)

^^ Mostly ridden in BPW.

Rich.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles