What did you buy your ebike this week?

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I used to have the zefal rear, great guard and easily adjusted but it has a tendency to really rub your paint work and I got a very annoying duck quacking kind of noise from it when hitting the gnarly stuff lol.
The seat stays where the Zefal clamps go are already heli taped so hopefully it should be okay and as it's jammed on top of the RRP ProGuard it's absolutely solid and can't sag towards the tyre. I think the Maestro rear triangle on the Giant lends itself to this kind of set up as non of it moves independently behind the linkages so there are no issues with changing clearances.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I bought a fat friend for my E22 bike that is going to get some e assist here when the parts come together for some beach blasting.

Vicious 2.jpg

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
A van, short wheelbase Transit Connect Limited. eMTB fits in diagonally just fine.
20220929_170248.jpg

I've had to make the decision that my lovely Audi S3 isn't going to work for me any more. I want to get out exploring further afield with the eMTB and there's no way I was going to put it in my car.

The S3 is now on eBay here: 2014 Audi S3 (8V) - 3 Door Hatch - S-Tronic - Bang & Olufsen - 300bhp | eBay 😭😭😭

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I bought a spare fork. Just in case, you know, just in case :)
New RS Lyrik select. Got it for a song. 1/2 new price.

OK, its a spare, but looking at it it's as basic as basic gets. Rebound and compression- or 'preload' as compression used to be known as, and thats it. I have no idea where the get the audacity to charge someone £450 for such a basic item.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
A van, short wheelbase Transit Connect Limited. eMTB fits in diagonally just fine.
View attachment 98388

I've had to make the decision that my lovely Audi S3 isn't going to work for me any more. I want to get out exploring further afield with the eMTB and there's no way I was going to put it in my car.

The S3 is now on eBay here: 2014 Audi S3 (8V) - 3 Door Hatch - S-Tronic - Bang & Olufsen - 300bhp | eBay 😭😭😭
And there was me feeling fancy with my new DHR2... Lol

I've been eyeing up lwb caddys. You're not helping

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
I bought a spare fork. Just in case, you know, just in case :)
New RS Lyrik select. Got it for a song. 1/2 new price.

OK, its a spare, but looking at it it's as basic as basic gets. Rebound and compression- or 'preload' as compression used to be known as, and thats it. I have no idea where the get the audacity to charge someone £450 for such a basic item.
I can highly recommend a Fast Components Up damper for it to rid yourself of the horror that is the modern day MoCo.

Cheaper than a Charger and feels just as nice.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
There doesnt appear to be one for the lyrik, just yari,revelation or boxxer.
Lyric=Yari. They're the same other than the chassis. Air spring, damper etc. The Yari is a bit heavier. Otherwise the same.

They never used to list one for the Revelation, only the Pike. I put the 'Pike' damper into my Rev. Still going strong after a thousand miles (no singing at the back).

I think that's why Rockshox have changed their line up now. You used to be able to but a Rev or a Yari and turn it into a cheap Pike or Lyric at whatever travel you wanted. Now they've changed the max travel on each to give more focus to trail vs Enduro.

I think they should just give up and admit they can't make a fork for either that doesn't need third party extras to make it work lol.

(speaking from an experienced RS modifier who has since left the building via the Manitou exit)

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Maxxis minion DHF, Maxxis Shorty, new oil slick valves from Uber bike, chainring, new cassette and oil slick chain

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Why did it take so long?
They’ve always had an extremely long wait time, back when I was looking at buying them it was 8 months so I passed. They were a small operation, only had like 8 employees but they’ve recently moved to a larger facility and hired more people. Supposedly the wait isn’t as long now but who knows. A guy I used to ride with back home waited over a year for his to show up, he had a few issues when he finally got them. Ended up having to send them back to Germany to get it sorted….took another 5 months🤣😂

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Why did it take so long?

As Ou812 pointed out, Trickstuff is a small company. But DT Swiss has purchased them so hopefully they'll be able to help streamline some things and get lead-times down. Right now I think Trickstuff is quoting 24 months.....lol
When I ordered them is was 18 months and they was pretty accurate. But with that said you don't pay a dime till they're ready to ship, so I placed a order in 2021 and then just went on like nothing happened and rode the brakes I already had.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles