What are people using to mount their garmjn edge ?

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
hi all I'm looking at a garmin edge one of the 800 models. What are you using to mount it to the bike I see there is different options. thanks:)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
I think If I wanted to fasten my Garmin to the bars all the time I'd go for one of these.

Bike Out Front Stem Mount Light Holder Handlebar For Garmin Edge / Cateye Bryton | eBay

I only rarely use my edge on the eMtb so I just use the temporary bar one that fastens with rubber straps, I did try the Garmin "out-front" one but it doesn't sit straight. for bars with 35/31.8 sections, upsweeps/backsweeps etc they can be a bit tricky to get it where you want without looking funny so I'd defo avoid that one.

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
I think If I wanted to fasten my Garmin to the bars all the time I'd go for one of these.

Bike Out Front Stem Mount Light Holder Handlebar For Garmin Edge / Cateye Bryton | eBay

I only rarely use my edge on the eMtb so I just use the temporary bar one that fastens with rubber straps, I did try the Garmin "out-front" one but it doesn't sit straight. for bars with 35/31.8 sections, upsweeps/backsweeps etc they can be a bit tricky to get it where you want without looking funny so I'd defo avoid that one.

Cheers:) I don't want to fit it all the time, what's the rubber straps version mate ?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
The rubber strap version is the standard unit that comes with Edge. It does, sort of fits on the handlebar but as you can buy on EBay an all singing and dancing CNC Ali mount for the top of the headset for a few quid then it’s a no brainer where you want to mount it.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

I run it offset 90deg so the edge unit sits alongside the stem with a Gopro top cap mount so I can run a light in the gopro mount and Garmin ext to it. This also means the garmin is out of the firing line a little more when crashing

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
76 projects mount on the top tube.

Gordon
Got one of those but found my knee knocks the garmin and twists it in the mount when trackstanding or tabling the bike. The top tube position also restricts steering for x-ups and isn't in a particularly good position to view while riding

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
These

These work for me too
Used to have it mounted direct to steerer tube ,replacing the top cap .
But kept knocking the Garmin off with my knee and breaking the mount insert, when I had an unscheduled dismount.
This mount still attaches to the steerer but sets the Garmin forward enough to not get clattered in an inevitable off
I haven't broken an insert since

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
tempImageCSpcAv.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles