Tow bar bike racks, what are people using?

Colin-T-Woods

Jun 15, 2019
North Shropshire
This crowd do a few models: Buzz Rack E-scorpion 2 works for us and has been updated since we got ours. No complaints.

Tow bar mounted bike racks | Tow Bar cycle carriers

Buzz.jpg

PsiLoCybia

Oct 22, 2019
Ely
I have the Atera Strada DL 4 bike carrier. My Kenevo is just within the weight range for a single bike, and can also carry an analogue or 2 if I need. I did have use of a Thule but much prefer the Atera, the slide down function is useful for boot access and it just does the job!
They also do an e-bike specific one

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
I've used a few different ones, I've just bought a thule easyfold xt and it's the best I've had, I have used the buzzracks and was happy but now I've used the thule, and wasn't happy about the price when I ordered it to be honest but now I've used it i will never change again :) it's solid and takes 30 seconds if that to take on and off... amazing but of kit

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Just got a Thule 927, it’s a 3 bike one for when I take my boy out on our analogue bikes, it also has a 4th bike adaptor for when we go camping.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
1up superduty. I only need a single but it will do 3 bikes (50 – 75 lbs) or 4 bikes (50 lbs or less)

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
Agreed. Excellent bit of kit.

It can be difficult to get 2 bikes on though, so something to be aware of.
The trick is to get the pedals correct (the inner one has the pedal nearest the car near the top) and to put the bikes on opposite way around. I also remove the batteries from the bike which makes them lighter and allows the centre mount to go through the inner bike and reach the outer one.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I use a Thule velospace, which is designed for ebikes (not all models are). The velospace is wider than some others which means that long bikes fit better. The channels are wide enough for 2.8” Tyres. Takes less than five minutes to put on the car and load up two bikes.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Buzzrack....... Holds 2 x EMTBs with 2.7 tyres far better than my Altera.
Slightly more fiddly fo fit on tow bar but otherwise excellent.

Edwin

Aug 25, 2020
Brisbane Australia
Thule T2 XTR Pro with a Yakima Lightmate.

I had a Thule XT933 Easyfold for my non ebike. But it wouldn’t hold the Merida E160.
For the Merita I bought a buzz rack the e Scorpion one it worked well for six months and then it swivelled a lot and no matter how much I tightened it and ratchet it it’s still moved and the local bike shop told me to go and buy the Thule for which I did.

4BF8BB81-F618-4076-A386-290B58B83CEF.jpeg

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I am really happy with my Buzzrack e-scorpion 2. Very sturdy and I like that the bar is in the middle of the 2 bikes where the arms attach to the frame, and its moveable up and down. It means no problems with awkward frame designs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles