What’s your hobby?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I played a bit a few years ago and thought I was a reasonable player. Until I played someone who actually was reasonable; they ran me ragged and barely broke a sweat! :ROFLMAO:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Not really a hobby as such, but spent far too many years in the deep dark forests listening to the sweet sounds of repetitive beats

F8DC0C14-C160-46D9-ACA4-BC2B7822E06B.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I forgot the pic for attention…

6A645F26-84E8-41E5-B8A9-DED088F7168A.jpeg

This was taken after my first ever rebreather dive. I bought it on eBay while in a coffee shop in Amsterdam and took it to a quarry to try it out. The phrase “covered in glue and rolled around a dive shop” springs to mind…

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

View attachment 72272

This was taken after my first ever rebreather dive. I bought it on eBay while in a coffee shop in Amsterdam and took it to a quarry to try it out. The phrase “covered in glue and rolled around a dive shop” springs to mind…

I’ve done some odd things after being in a coffee shop in Amsterdam but never bought a diving suit ?

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK

Stoney Cove?

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Yeah. Did my first scooter dives there too.

Yeah I did my nitrox and dry suit quallys there. What a cold, murky shithole. Or at least it seemed it, after doing all my initial qually dives in the Seychelles. I never dived again in the UK after that, I decided I much preferred wearing nothing other than budgie smugglers in 30 degC water and visibility of god knows how many metres. Oh, and being able to see some amazing sealife at just 10~15m depth.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
30 degC water and visibility of god knows how many metres. Oh, and being able to see some amazing sealife at just 10~15m depth.
Oh hell no! I couldn't think of anything worse! It's all about rust for me, the fish just get in way of the wreck! A good dive for me meant surfacing covered in rust after squeezing into an inverted engine room with zero ambient light.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Too much!

Amp is Musical Fidelity A3 Dual Mono (built in phono pre-amp)
Cassette deck is Nakamichi ZX-7 (effing amazing!)
CD is Musical Fidelity A3 24 bit upsampler
MiniDisc is Sony MDS-JB940
Tuner is Sony ST-SB920 (dual antenna)
Musical Fidelity DAC, external PSU and X-LPS Phono pre-amp
iPhono phono pre-amp
Speakers are Bowers and Wilkins CDM1-SE
Turntables: Linn LP12, Technics SL1200Mk II custom, Stratchclyde Transcription Developments 305S (x2), Linn Axis (lounge), Technics SL Q2, Systemdek IIx, over 1100 LPs, 350 7" singles, 150 12" singles, 450 CDs plus some cassettes and minidiscs. 4 sets of Bowers & Wilkins headphones and a Creek headphone amp.

I can have at least three turntables connected at any one time.

Misplaced Childhood IS my favourite album - I have multiple copies - including the recent re-master signed by the band. Also have Script, Fugazi and Clutching at Straws all re-mastered and signed, plus the originals on vinyl, plus the CDs and their remasters. I'm a Marillion (and Fish) fan...
View attachment 71672
View attachment 71673

PC also has a set of Musical Fidelity amps connected to it (pre/power) connected to a set of Triangle Titus e speakers. I have a full surround set up in the lounge and a loft full of speakers and spare amps, cassette decks and minidiscs!

I should never have started working in a hi-fi shop whilst at University! ?
Being a massive early Genesis fan( Gabriel era) ..I used to think of Marillion as rip off merchants ..only in recent years have I come around to liking them ..
They are also " friends" of my favourite " Prog " band of recent times ..Gazpacho .
Can you recognise the guitarist playing the outro on this track ..

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I played a bit a few years ago and thought I was a reasonable player. Until I played someone who actually was reasonable; they ran me ragged and barely broke a sweat! :ROFLMAO:
Control the T, control the game! I played for years too & loved it, couldn't get on court fast enough, all the way up until I knackered both knees, one ankle & ultimately ended up in the operating theatre having my shoulder rebuilt. No regrets!

I loved playing against bashers, easiest thing in the world to just wait for the ball to come back off the back wall.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Control the T, control the game! I played for years too & loved it, couldn't get on court fast enough, all the way up until I knackered both knees, one ankle & ultimately ended up in the operating theatre having my shoulder rebuilt. No regrets!

I loved playing against bashers, easiest thing in the world to just wait for the ball to come back off the back wall.
HaHa! Agreed? I only stopped when I slipped a disc on court aged 25 which half paralysed my leg for 8 weeks and then got better without surgery, phew - so stopping seemed a good plan to me as well ? I sometimes played a big obese (I can say obese, right?) bloke with taped up knees. He didn’t so much control the T as seemed generally unable to move from it ? Bloody hard to beat him tho’…

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
My other hobbies mainly snowboarding & windsurfing, used to do a lot of windsurfing & done it all round the world ? SA was awesome but in the 90s b4 kiters were around ?
Also windsurfed for a few years but could never really nail carve gybing. The day I finally got waterstarting was memorable though. Fact is Kiting is the death knell for windsurfing. A kite & board you can chuck in the boot of your car vs a van with a false floor to cart four masts, six sails & three boards about is just no contest. Same way paragliding. Killed hang gliding, only the diehard aluminium enthusiasts keeping that alive these days.

windrider

Jul 26, 2021
Kingsteignton, Devon
Also windsurfed for a few years but could never really nail carve gybing. The day I finally got waterstarting was memorable though. Fact is Kiting is the death knell for windsurfing. A kite & board you can chuck in the boot of your car vs a van with a false floor to cart four masts, six sails & three boards about is just no contest. Same way paragliding. Killed hang gliding, only the diehard aluminium enthusiasts keeping that alive these days.

I've been kite surfing for over 10 years now (although haven't been out for a few months now). Definitely notice a lot less people out now days compared to when I first started, reckon the hype has died down a little. Still get a few pole dancers out at my local spot (they spend more time in the car park rigging up). Winging and foiling is getting very popular though.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
The snowboard place I did seasons in called the skiing lot with their 1970's onesies & Poivre Blanc mirrored wraparound sunnies dicks with sticks. What goes around comes around. :cool:
They are probably where the phrase, "All the gear and no idea"', originated... Social skiers we called them. Spent all day in the cafe...

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
One of my customers dressed up as a nun for 'a laugh' on a ski trip. Did the whole three hour lunch thing halfway up the mountain, then whilst sketching it off piste, his habit flapped up over his head & he skied into a tree & broke his arm. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles