Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Hi folks

just thought I would post up some photos of one of my others hobby’s which is
salt water marine fish

DE257E9E-2540-4B84-892E-E0047757D205.jpeg

4CE0B3B7-B45F-4F8F-A866-DCCE6D970929.jpeg

A222894D-E51D-4B9A-B764-5679BF943DD0.jpeg

I got this tank a few month ago for welding a Mitsubishi lancia beta for a friend been into the hobby for along time but this is by far the best tank I have had to date

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
My main hobby for over 12 years has been rock climbing, I’ve climbed 100’s of routes on cliffs all over the UK and Europe.

Me and my wife hired ebikes on holiday in the Lake District for something to do last September due to all the rain ruining climbing. We became instantly hooked and bought one each (I’m now on my second).

We have only climbed a couple of times this year since the ebikes took over but I’m hoping to get back into it next year. My other hobby is my motorbike but since getting the ebike my annual mileage on it has more than halved. Too many hobbies and not enough time/good weather, if only we didn’t have to work for a living!

7E843FD5-B9E3-494F-900D-F5FC89F32DCA.jpeg

I also had a marine tank but had to get rid of it before we moved house 4 years ago. I don’t think they would have fared well on the 300 mile journey. Although the gold fish did survive the move in a cool box in the foot well!
To be honest I was quite pleased to see the back of the marine tank, as nice as it was to look at it was a lot of work to keep it looking at its best, I think I spent about 4 hours a week on it.

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
Hi folks

just thought I would post up some photos of one of my others hobby’s which is
salt water marine fish
Something that I've always wanted to take up. I kept Rift Lake Cichlids years and years ago when I was a kid.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Kitesurfing for me. Both that and cycling actually compliment each other well. Don't want to be cycling in 30mph winds so time to hit the water then!

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I do pest control on 4 local farms, not long now before the rats come in off the fields.

Tonight I came across a large Adder whilst stalking rabbits.

this guy make nice videos

Last edited:

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Well this thread kicked off rather well wasn’t expecting this many people lol

I do have to say I love motorbikes my self gunna be doing my big bike test soon (direct access) and my old fella had a Ducati multistrada 1200 which I had a shot on loved it as for the guitars always wanted to play one but don’t have the right fingers and as for my tank I spend 2-3hours a day on it but I love it to be honest along with all my pets too

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
When I first retired and got back from a 3 week holiday in the Caribbean, the first thing I bought myself was an air rifle.
It is a SMK XS19 Custom Carbine Air Rifle .22 Cal - it has an inbuilt silencer.

I spent a happy few hours gaining accuracy and zeroing the 3-9 x40 telescopic sight for the range I wanted to shoot at. I shot a squirrel right in the centre of the chest and it ran off! I found it later, dead. But the fact that it didn't die straight away bothered me more than I thought it would and I put the air rifle away and didn't use it for years and years. Then my mate borrowed it to shoot a squirrel off his roof. It was dead before it hit the ground, or at least it was dead when he got to it. Word spread in the village and several people wanted to borrow the air rifle. Every single time the squirrel was despatched with one shot.

Lat year, I thought that I should reduce the population of pigeons that were bullying all the other birds from the bird table. I shot one in the head and it just fell over backwards and landed on its back and didn't move. When I got to it, it was still alive and the bloody thing was looking at me! I shot it in the side of the head but it was still alive, opening a closing its beak in a pathetic manner! I turned it over and shot it in the back of the head. That did it. But I haven't shot anything live since.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
When I first retired and got back from a 3 week holiday in the Caribbean, the first thing I bought myself was an air rifle.
It is a SMK XS19 Custom Carbine Air Rifle .22 Cal - it has an inbuilt silencer.

I spent a happy few hours gaining accuracy and zeroing the 3-9 x40 telescopic sight for the range I wanted to shoot at. I shot a squirrel right in the centre of the chest and it ran off! I found it later, dead. But the fact that it didn't die straight away bothered me more than I thought it would and I put the air rifle away and didn't use it for years and years. Then my mate borrowed it to shoot a squirrel off his roof. It was dead before it hit the ground, or at least it was dead when he got to it. Word spread in the village and several people wanted to borrow the air rifle. Every single time the squirrel was despatched with one shot.

Lat year, I thought that I should reduce the population of pigeons that were bullying all the other birds from the bird table. I shot one in the head and it just fell over backwards and landed on its back and didn't move. When I got to it, it was still alive and the bloody thing was looking at me! I shot it in the side of the head but it was still alive, opening a closing its beak in a pathetic manner! I turned it over and shot it in the back of the head. That did it. But I haven't shot anything live since.
I shoot rabbits with an air rifle, as long as I get a head shot its fine but once I hit one in the flank and then had to run and kill it, its horrible and I know what you mean

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
guitars.. I've made quite a lot of them now..

View attachment 71576
My world too, although my end of it is years playing in bands for shits & giggles. I still own a dozen or so axes, mostly Fender, a couple of Gibsons, a Duesenberg which is a lovely thing in its own right & the only one I ever had made, a Ron Kirn Barnbuster. These days though, I pretty much exclusively play a £150 Takamine classical that lives by the sofa. I really ought to have a clear out.

TuF1ATID.jpg large.jpg
UXIzDiVB.jpg large.jpg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
My world too, although my end of it is years playing in bands for shits & giggles. I still own a dozen or so axes, mostly Fender, a couple of Gibsons, a Duesenberg which is a lovely thing in its own right & the only one I ever had made, a Ron Kirn Barnbuster. These days though, I pretty much exclusively play a £150 Takamine classical that lives by the sofa. I really ought to have a clear out.

View attachment 71612 View attachment 71613
I only own a couple of guitars after years of making them for other people :D I also have a similar KRK setup (y)

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
That's a hell of a hifi set up, go on, what you got?
Loving the Marillion album peeking out, Misplaced Childhood is in my top 5 albums of all time ?
Too much!

Amp is Musical Fidelity A3 Dual Mono (built in phono pre-amp)
Cassette deck is Nakamichi ZX-7 (effing amazing!)
CD is Musical Fidelity A3 24 bit upsampler
MiniDisc is Sony MDS-JB940
Tuner is Sony ST-SB920 (dual antenna)
Musical Fidelity DAC, external PSU and X-LPS Phono pre-amp
iPhono phono pre-amp
Speakers are Bowers and Wilkins CDM1-SE
Turntables: Linn LP12, Technics SL1200Mk II custom, Stratchclyde Transcription Developments 305S (x2), Linn Axis (lounge), Technics SL Q2, Systemdek IIx, over 1100 LPs, 350 7" singles, 150 12" singles, 450 CDs plus some cassettes and minidiscs. 4 sets of Bowers & Wilkins headphones and a Creek headphone amp.

I can have at least three turntables connected at any one time.

Misplaced Childhood IS my favourite album - I have multiple copies - including the recent re-master signed by the band. Also have Script, Fugazi and Clutching at Straws all re-mastered and signed, plus the originals on vinyl, plus the CDs and their remasters. I'm a Marillion (and Fish) fan...
MarillionPicSingles.jpg

MarillionPicSingles2.jpg

PC also has a set of Musical Fidelity amps connected to it (pre/power) connected to a set of Triangle Titus e speakers. I have a full surround set up in the lounge and a loft full of speakers and spare amps, cassette decks and minidiscs!

I should never have started working in a hi-fi shop whilst at University! ?

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Too much!

iPhono phono pre-amp
Turntables: Linn LP12, Technics SL1200Mk II custom, Stratchclyde Transcription Developments 305S (x2), Linn Axis (lounge), Technics SL Q2, Systemdek IIx, over 1100 LPs, 350 7" singles, 150 12" singles, 450 CDs plus some cassettes and minidiscs. 4 sets of Bowers & Wilkins headphones and a Creek headphone amp.

Misplaced Childhood IS my favourite album - I have multiple copies - including the recent re-master signed by the band. Also have Script, Fugazi and Clutching at Straws all re-mastered and signed, plus the originals on vinyl, plus the CDs and their remasters. I'm a Marillion (and Fish) fan...
View attachment 71672
View attachment 71673

PC also has a set of Musical Fidelity amps connected to it (pre/power) connected to a set of Triangle Titus e speakers. I have a full surround set up in the lounge and a loft full of speakers and spare amps, cassette decks and minidiscs!

I wouldn’t mind some decent speekers if you wouldn’t mind sending me one or two, I love bass I love the vibrations in my chest lmao

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Too much!

iPhono phono pre-amp

View attachment 71672
View attachment 71673

Two words...mother fecker ?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Archery. I'm not sure if this or mountain biking has been more expensive. But they do dovetail well in getting the upper body strength for the downhill. Didn't get to do much of it at all during the pandemic lockdowns. :(

I don't shoot competitively, purely for recreation.

1631825657579.png
1631825712398.png
1631825869353.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles