What’s your hobby?

LowStandards

Sep 21, 2020
Uk
Driving - actual cars where you can feel the road, none of this Audi RS/Ferrari/Porsche shite

Shooting, Air rifle and Shotgun

Snowboarding

Drinking

IMG_20210821_091216.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You can't post a pic like that without a few details...

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
When I am not riding I have 2 main passions that I have had for my entire life.
Guitars and making music
1B5AA135-1592-4570-9399-AFA8275969DB.jpeg

And Warhammer/D&D/Any kind of board game
FE6EAF6C-C1F9-45C5-AD47-FE2F26773C56.jpeg

I also take a lot of trips to the Netherlands, my parents live not far from Amsterdam, well that’s my excuse anyway ?

LowStandards

Sep 21, 2020
Uk
You can't post a pic like that without a few details...

Hoping that was to me, otherwise, tough, you've got a few deets now

1982 Mini Scamp, basically an agricultural kit car version of the Moke, designed for the rough stuff and frankly awful.

I got her 2 years ago and cut the roof off, built the cage, made a flyscreen and stuck the 13s on.

Currently running the standard A-Series 998cc which came with a hefty 36bhp, it's tired, maybe 25 of them are left, but it's still brilliant fun as she weighs a smidge over 500kg.

I'm currently stripping down a K11 Micra for its 1.0L heart, these are a lovely high revving lump, cheap and they fit in a Mini, so I should have no problem.

57bhp from that, less the 2 cats will give over 60bhp.

Plans are to knock about with that in whilst I build a tasty 1.3L Micra engine with throttle bodies, Megasquirt, all that jazz. Should give about 120bhp.

Oh, she handles like nothing else, the grip is amazing and because the backend is both light and unpowered, she drifts around in such a controlled manner... Bliss

Have a pic of when I got her, to now

IMG_20210825_152610.jpg

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
When I am not riding I have 2 main passions that I have had for my entire life.
Guitars and making music
View attachment 71715
And Warhammer/D&D/Any kind of board game
View attachment 71716
I also take a lot of trips to the Netherlands, my parents live not far from Amsterdam, well that’s my excuse anyway ?
a fellow Brewdog lover!! great great beers and the business was a great concept until the founders got greedy and started to love themselves too much..... expect Brewdog to go public next year (which they said they would never do!) if they do (as a crowd funder of them 8 years ago) i could sell my share and buy something bikey!
ps I WISH i could play guitar

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Posted before im sure but I was a full on bike addict.

Started road riding, then euro tours, track days then racing…. To a fairly decent standard.

Spent way too much money, busted myself to bits but had the time of my life!!

Work and family commitments mean I’m now restricted to a few days in the UK and a couple of Euro track days a year if I’m lucky. Although covid has put the brakes on that big time!!

2003EBD0-2DC3-4193-8733-5D4096C45351.jpeg

C8925A1C-3DE9-4478-8F22-D25DA333C97B.jpeg

5545745C-3628-45A3-ABDF-2F39C2589D91.jpeg

2EEEBD1D-9564-4E32-ABEE-600E11EF1A0D.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Posted before im sure but I was a full on bike addict.

Started road riding, then euro tours, track days then racing…. To a fairly decent standard.

Spent way too much money, busted myself to bits but had the time of my life!!

Work and family commitments mean I’m now restricted to a few days in the UK and a couple of Euro track days a year if I’m lucky. Although covid has put the brakes on that big time!!

View attachment 71760

View attachment 71761

View attachment 71762

View attachment 71763
Hey mista ..can I have your autograph ?..
Would have loved to have got into motorbikes ..but losing a couple of mates in their teens put the block on that ..

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Hey mista ..can I have your autograph ?..
Would have loved to have got into motorbikes ..but losing a couple of mates in their teens put the block on that ..
Lol I wish I was good enough to warrant the ask mate.

Yeah it’s dangerous. Why I don’t ride on the road much.

fortunately me and my pals were all ok. But I’ve seen the hard side of it too ?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Shooting steel or paper?

AR looks like a noveske

Although I'm shooting at paper in that picture, it's not really my favorite. I'm more of a handgun enthusiast, and I like to shoot fast at distances that are close up and personal. Empty soda cans are fun, but Dueling Trees are also a hoot. If you haven't used one, there are three targets on the left, three targets on the right. When hit, the targets will spin over to the other side. You line up with your parter, one takes the left, one takes the right. Whoever knocks his targets over to the other's side is the winner. It takes skill and self-control, not unlike riding a mountain bike. Attached are pictures of my dueling tree, and one of my pistols that you might recognize. It was made here, though. Those made in Germany are more sought after.

IMG_9763.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I am very versed in competition shooting. Pistol as well is my fav. Long rifle is just nice and more to tinker with with more variables. But yeah fast is my game.

I’m a glock guy because they work are fast and they work, but would prefer a 2011 for accuracy.

always got kryptek merchandise and held a comp in Kabul every Xmas I was there, good times and most guys in SOF can shoot pretty
Decent View attachment 71770

I like my guns with a bit of range….

D9832186-AA45-4C3A-8B6C-0C62BB7B7174.jpeg

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I know… beautiful artefact by the way.

unfortunately it’s not mine. We had a go of it on a clay shoot the other day. Was 150 years old.

I think I scored my second highest of the day with that gun too. Was awesome to try.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Not a hobby ..but your pic reminded me ( era -wise) of my first car..a Wolsley Hornet ..supposed to have an 890cc engine but this had been replaced with an 1100..
Having just turned 18 myself.. its long life came to an abrupt end when travelling home from a nightclub in the early hours on some backroads which I didnt know between Winlaton & Rowlands Gill ( Tyne & Wear ) ..and taking advice from my " mate " that it was straight for miles an unmarked T junction and a delayed reaction throwing a right hander had the car in a ditch on its side ..and written off..
Wish I still had it ..( worth a small fortune now )
An example ..
Screenshot_20210924-082156_Google.jpg

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My previous passion was SCUBA diving; first recreational level diving as a holiday diver and then deep technical wreck diving as the passion took hold. I dived a rebreather and was happiest at 60m on a WW2 wreck in the Adriatic. Unfortunately, a full summer season of weather-aborted UK sea dives were too much for me and I decided to move on.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Squash ..I used to play most evenings at Durham Squash Club to a reasonable standard ( there is such a huge gulf in standard / ability in this game that it is almost impossible to grade yourself against any other player who says they play the game ..until you actually play them ) ..I had a reasonable " touch " ..but was more of an aggressive power player ..
Gave up 20 odd years ago when my knees started getting painful and didnt want to become an old fat twat with bandages holding everything together and refusing to budge from the T ?
But loved the game and the social aspect too..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles