Washing your ebike

Uppy

Mar 8, 2018
Eaton Socon, Cambridgeshire
Ride
Cube
Hi, I like to ask people's views how they maintain there ebike at home..do you service it at home?

Also what do you find the best way to wash your bikes..ebike
I use a watering can wash it, then use some friendly bike wash (GUYS) then rinse it with a watering can then dry it off..

Oct 8, 2018
Silvergolf
Ride
Cube Stereo
I do a light rinse with hose the use muc off n sponge a brush to brush bits off just be carefull around the motor is all i would say

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Focus Bold2
washing? er.... you have to wash them :confused:
Only when they get dirty. ;)
As for servicing, as my e-bike is brand new it gets a free first service. After that I can maintain it, unless it’s something I don’t have tools for, or competent skills. On my acoustic bike I’ve had the freewheel rebuilt several times by my bike shop as they know what they are doing. Likewise with bleeding brakes.

Last edited:

Wiltshire Warrior

Jul 3, 2018
Swindon
Ride
Mottera LT
First thing I do is remove the battery, then the wheels and clean the frame in a bike stand.
Then gentle hose pipe with hot water (50 Deg c)
Then muc off pink and soft brush/sponge
Then Muc off protect and shine buffed with micro fibre.

Same process for wheels but with a stiffer brush on the tires, and before using Protect and Shine I cover the rotors with plastic bags. its worth doing the spokes also so you can feel if any are loose or too tight.

Then I take the jockey wheels out and clean them and the inner cages.
Then I do the chain with GT85 and rag - same for the front chainring.
Then I do the stanchions with Slick honey and compress everything a bit to get the seals coated in honey.
Then I try to rattle everthing I have not touched to make sure nothing has come loose

This might seem OTT but where I ride it is solid clay and flint, which sets like concrete and is very abrasive.

This is what I have to contend with:

p5pb16520626.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending