Washing your ebike..

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Having ridden regular bikes in soggy muddy west of Scotland for the past 20 years I have the cleaning regime pretty much sorted. Garden hose gun on sprinkle setting, muc off, brushes etc. So, first ebike arriving shortly.....do I need to be more careful with the water, avoid the motor area etc ? WIll be 2020 Orbea Wild FS with the new Bosch motor.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Wash as normal. just don't be a dick with the hose. Same as you should with a shitey HTII BB ;)

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Haha, sure will, sitting here bored and loaded with the cold. Bike should arrive in 3 weeks, I changed from Focus to Orbea after having a shot on the Orbea Press bike at Sprockets ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
this has been ages. you're a very patient (or indecisive) man ;)

Are you still able to ride your regular mtb, or sticking to road/Grav... can't bear to finish that word. I'm not old enough for that shit yet.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Yeah, long wait for 2020 models with the new motor, and dates seem to keep going back. Have kept the Bird Zero and still using it, incl for coaching Saturday mornings, but most rides are road and windfarm, Ardgartan Loop etc. Lost a bit of motivation and getting a bit fat waiting .... ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles