galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
That’s not pre order mate they are now in stock at wiggle and CRC! I ordered mine yesterday but unfortunately only at 15% as they have stalled with an item i previously purchased otherwise I would have the 20%, still, £550 off is a bargain, hoping my platinum comes in today and I’ll change my order.. good news though!! :cool:
Yes that’s what I meant. great news, looks like a cracking bike. I’ve got the 2019 Levo but this was next on my list.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Anyone get an order in for a base model as they are all showing out of stock already? Wondering if they have sold out as only the VR has become available. Brother is after one

F-GODZ

Nov 30, 2018
United Kingdom
That’s not pre order mate they are now in stock at wiggle and CRC! I ordered mine yesterday but unfortunately only at 15% as they have stalled with an item i previously purchased otherwise I would have the 20%, still, £550 off is a bargain :cool:

Do CRC offer loyalty discount or is it just Wiggle ? (I'm new to Wiggle so would only get 5% :cry:)

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Yeah in 2-4 weeks... by that time platinum discount will be down to 12%, not 20%.

I’m really pissed off they decided to do this, seeming as I missed out on a medium.
Yeah that’s a bit crap, they screwed up part of my last order so I only managed gold level but still that was worth 15% which worked out great. They said all stock info and availability was on their news letter but I never saw anything?!?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Gary how tall are you? Remember you telling me the Vitus in small is ok.

Medium out of stock. Ffs...

According to Gary the medium is too big for me anyway. I just like a large cockpit, so whatever...

Stop making stuff up I didn't say Ross.

I'm a perfectly proportioned 5'11" and the small VR fits me really really well. For MY mountain bike fit/sizing and set-up preferences, where and how I ride and MY particular riding style.
ie. rear wheel biased with an extensive DH/DJ background.
I "could" ride the XL. I'd hate every minute of it but plenty folk would try to tell me it was the correct size. Wrongly.

Hint: I'm not Ross Gardner

;)

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Stop making stuff up I didn't say Ross.

I'm a perfectly proportioned 5'11" and the small VR fits me really really well. For MY mountain bike fit/sizing and set-up preferences, where and how I ride and MY particular riding style.
ie. rear wheel biased with an extensive DH/DJ background.
I "could" ride the XL. I'd hate every minute of it but plenty folk would try to tell me it was the correct size. Wrongly.

Hint: I'm not Ross Gardner

;)

Hmm Ok sorry Gary. Just a bit excited and anxious at the same time. Plus piss poor Grammar.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Gary my measurements are:

178cm tall (5”10)

82 cm inseam length

67cm chest length

50cm shoulder width

66cm arm length

Thanks. I'll get my youngest to make a life sized model of you out of old cardboard boxes, eggboxes and yoghurt pots and other household junk so I can stick pins in it's marrigold hands next time you type something I ddn't say

;)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
And as if by magic...

@Ross Gardner

If you're a playful type of rider who likes dirt jump bikes, manualling all the time and can still go fast over rough ground on a 2008 DH bike without feeling unstable you "might" get on with the small E-som. If on the other hand you come from more of an XC background or have gotten used to riding the newest breed of longer enduro bikes out there, you'll more than likely get on better with the medium.

Small = moar playful & poppy but moar twitchy
Medium = moar stable & less playful

If you want an idea of sizing try to find someone with a medium MK1 Capra with a 50mm stem, MK2 Capra with a 35mm stem or Medium 2018 Nukeproof Mega with a 35mm stem. They're all pretty close to the Small Vitus in Geometry, sizing and fit. and some of the most popular bikes you'll find out on the trails in the UK
The medium Vitus is closer to one size up in the range of both those bikes too. although due to the increased chainstay length it has a longer wheelbase than those and as such is a tiny bit less easy to initiate a front wheel lift. (the weight is more of a problem in reality and a big part of the reason WHY I chose a small)

One other thing to bear in mind is the Vitus has a lot lower BB height than thoe two bikes. and infact a lot lower than many current Enduro bikes and ALL other Emtbs. (another reason why I was so attracted to owning one)

F-GODZ

Nov 30, 2018
United Kingdom
wiggle have upped their gold member discount (what you will be) to 15% until tomorrow only...

Bugger. I wasn't gold when the promo started (still not quite there). Even if I ordered enough to get over the threshold tonight I don't think it would apply. The T&C's say "if you already qualify".

Fuck them and their 5% :ROFLMAO:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
@Ross Gardner I would get the M if I where you, I am 6ft with 33 inside leg, and have a large. The seatpost is pretty much inserted as much as it can go (150mm dropper) to fit how I want it. I think they have improved how far you can insert the post on the 19, but might be an issue if sizing up

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
@Ross Gardner I would get the M if I where you, I am 6ft with 33 inside leg, and have a large. The seatpost is pretty much inserted as much as it can go (150mm dropper) to fit how I want it. I think they have improved how far you can insert the post on the 19, but might be an issue if sizing up

Ok so get the small or large or xl, sell it with 12% off, then buy the medium next year, at 12% off, making no profit, but getting the bike at the right price for me?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You will only loose money if you buy the wrong one now, and sell it in a few months. I would buy the right bike in the first place.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Assuming you can get near full price for a used eBike is risky. Can the warranty be transferred?

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
You will only loose money if you buy the wrong one now, and sell it in a few months. I would buy the right bike in the first place.
Assuming you can get near full price for a used eBike is risky. Can the warranty be transferred?

I wouldn’t use it, I’d just wait for it to be out of stock and sell it with 12% off list, then buy the medium when it’s back in stock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles