F-GODZ

Nov 30, 2018
United Kingdom
So, my VR turned up today:cool:..........damaged:mad:

Didn't even make it off the lorry. Delivery driver suggested I take a look before I signed for it. Box had clearly been dropped whilst upside down, was ripped open and the bars, stem and headset were sticking out. The stem and top cap were damaged and the head tube had a lovely scratch on it so I refused delivery.

Wiggle were apologetic and have said they will get another one on it's way asap...

Luckily, I couldn't have ridden this weekend anyway :D

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain

Didn't even make it off the lorry. Delivery driver suggested I take a look before I signed for it. Box had clearly been dropped whilst upside down, was ripped open and the bars, stem and headset were sticking out. The stem and top cap were damaged and the head tube had a lovely scratch on it so I refused delivery.

Wiggle were apologetic and have said they will get another one on it's way asap...

Mine arrives on Friday, it's a longer journey since I live in Spain so I guess there is 99.99% chance that it will turn up damaged :unsure:

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Not an isolated incident, a few on here have received damaged bikes which seems to be a combination of inadequate packaging and rough handling. As gtaadicto's is Spain maybe they made an extra special effort with the packaging as it will cost them if you refuse delivery due to damage. Yet you know it can be roughly handled so you package accordingly to give it the best chance IMO.

Ultimately they seem inconsistent on what they offer for damage, my opinion is return the bike as it's not unreasonable to expect an undamaged new bike and hopefully they change their packaging to something better.. don't understand why were still seeing damaged bikes being sent packaged the same way, the mind boggles?

My first bike was shockingly packaged with many missing items and poorly built up... replacement was the polar opposite though I did ask for extra padding on specific areas which Wiggle did.

Personally only ever seen the 12 increased to 20% for 6 days early December last year.

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
Not an isolated incident, a few on here have received damaged bikes which seems to be a combination of inadequate packaging and rough handling. As gtaadicto's is Spain maybe they made an extra special effort with the packaging as it will cost them if you refuse delivery due to damage. Yet you know it can be roughly handled so you package accordingly to give it the best chance IMO.

Ultimately they seem inconsistent on what they offer for damage, my opinion is return the bike as it's not unreasonable to expect an undamaged new bike and hopefully they change their packaging to something better.. don't understand why were still seeing damaged bikes being sent packaged the same way, the mind boggles?

My first bike was shockingly packaged with many missing items and poorly built up... replacement was the polar opposite though I did ask for extra padding on specific areas which Wiggle did.

Personally only ever seen the 12 increased to 20% for 6 days early December last year.
I sent 2back full of scratches gave up in the end. Ordered a new canyon instead

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire

They will not send replacement until they receive yours back.

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
I sent 2back full of scratches gave up in the end. Ordered a new canyon instead
I ordered a xlarge vr last week, got the 16% discount and flogged my Hightower cc and barely used canyon road bike to pay for it, I’m hoping I don’t get the same grief with a damaged scratched bike being delivered.
From what I’ve read and watched it sounds good fun and a bargain.
Burnsie

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Got my VR delivered yesterday in perfect condition even though the packaging was very shabby and had holes in it. I wasn’t in and the courier just left it half in / half out the porch as the box was twice the size of the porch.

Took it for its first spin today. Love it. Coming of a kenevo this esommet is more confident due to the longer reach and just more fun and chuckable.

Battery said range 0 miles as I got back to my house. 19.5 miles and 3250ft of climbing. Mainly in eco and trail with a very very small amount of boost - maybe 2 minutes. Does that sound about right for range? I was getting slightly more out of the kenevo, maybe 10% more.

Cheers

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
Got my VR delivered yesterday in perfect condition even though the packaging was very shabby and had holes in it. I wasn’t in and the courier just left it half in / half out the porch as the box was twice the size of the porch.

Took it for its first spin today. Love it. Coming of a kenevo this esommet is more confident due to the longer reach and just more fun and chuckable.

Battery said range 0 miles as I got back to my house. 19.5 miles and 3250ft of climbing. Mainly in eco and trail with a very very small amount of boost - maybe 2 minutes. Does that sound about right for range? I was getting slightly more out of the kenevo, maybe 10% more.

Cheers
When did you order it mate , I’ve been waiting a week now??

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill

Cheers
You’ve gone from a Kenevo to a e sommet vr. I was in 2 minds to get a 2nd hand Kenevo or a new e sommet, haven’t rode either bike went the e sommet route in the end( still no update on order from wiggle) is it that much a better bike? A lot of the Kenevos on eBay seem to have had the batteries changed under warranty, what’s all that about??

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
You’ve gone from a Kenevo to a e sommet vr. I was in 2 minds to get a 2nd hand Kenevo or a new e sommet, haven’t rode either bike went the e sommet route in the end( still no update on order from wiggle) is it that much a better bike? A lot of the Kenevos on eBay seem to have had the batteries changed under warranty, what’s all that about??

Although most people say that they are similar bikes, they are actually chalk and cheese in my opionion.

Kenevo is like a magic carpet. You simply cannot feel the small bumps (anything under about 3 inches) and it takes big chunk in its stride. However you get zero to very little feedback in the trail. Eg sometimes when I’m coming off a jump its hard to tell if you are actually in the air, it is so plush! The bike is a heavy underforked DH bike with a motor. I realised after a while that I’m just not using it for what its designed for (seriously chunky DH - think double black run at stiniog)

The E-sommet on the other hand feels like a VERY confident enduro / all mountain bike. Not as plush, but plush enough for a double black, but far more nimble and fun. I can pop off a small hip jump on the side of the trail and it feels like a normal bike. The kenevo just isn’t that bike.

The modern geo makes the e-summet just feel more planted and less twitchy at very high speed. But take this part based on MY opinion as I am inbetween sizes for kenevo - L and XL and went with L. The L esummet sits inbetween the two size wise, and it fits me perfectly.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Although most people say that they are similar bikes, they are actually chalk and cheese in my opionion.

Kenevo is like a magic carpet. You simply cannot feel the small bumps (anything under about 3 inches) and it takes big chunk in its stride. However you get zero to very little feedback in the trail. Eg sometimes when I’m coming off a jump its hard to tell if you are actually in the air, it is so plush! The bike is a heavy underforked DH bike with a motor. I realised after a while that I’m just not using it for what its designed for (seriously chunky DH - think double black run at stiniog)

The E-sommet on the other hand feels like a VERY confident enduro / all mountain bike. Not as plush, but plush enough for a double black, but far more nimble and fun. I can pop off a small hip jump on the side of the trail and it feels like a normal bike. The kenevo just isn’t that bike.

The modern geo makes the e-summet just feel more planted and less twitchy at very high speed. But take this part based on MY opinion as I am inbetween sizes for kenevo - L and XL and went with L. The L esummet sits inbetween the two size wise, and it fits me perfectly.

It does make me smiles to see people on kenevos going round the blue trail centre loops. IMO unless you are sessioning very rocky DH runs, the e summet is a better choice.

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill

Thanks for the reply mate, good round up, I’m 6.3 with a 35” inside leg hoping the XL isn’t to big for me, again in between sizes.
Enjoy you bike mate.

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
My e-sommet was going to be delivered today but the courier lied saying I wasn't home (a typical thing in Spain). He didn't even phone me.
No bike until Monday:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
My e-sommet was going to be delivered today but the courier lied saying I wasn't home (a typical thing in Spain). He didn't even phone me.
No bike until Monday:cry::cry::cry::cry:
My e sommet was meant to be delivered 2 days ago, I’ve spent an hour on the phone to wiggle, apparently driver couldn’t get to us due to our road being closed due to roads works, that was ture, but it should have gone out yesterday and didn’t, now they don’t know where it is, hope it hasn’t been bouncing around for 2 days in the back of a lorry, first world problems eh!! lol

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
My e sommet was meant to be delivered 2 days ago, I’ve spent an hour on the phone to wiggle, apparently driver couldn’t get to us due to our road being closed due to roads works, that was ture, but it should have gone out yesterday and didn’t, now they don’t know where it is, hope it hasn’t been bouncing around for 2 days in the back of a lorry, first world problems eh!! lol
crc lost mine for a week. i managed to locate it by ringing delivery companies local depot

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Mine fucks off for a months holiday in Ireland every 5 months.
it's having an extended trip this time while it's liver is sent off to Milton Keynes for a suitable donor.
Probably something to do with St Paddy's day.

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
crc lost mine for a week. i managed to locate it by ringing delivery companies local depot[/QUOTE
Gotta sa
crc lost mine for a week. i managed to locate it by ringing delivery companies local depot
I’ve just tracked it down!! poxy wiggle didn’t have a clue, spoke to the delivery company who said its badly damaged and going back to those muppets at wiggle, suppose they don’t give a shit after buying out crc and having the monopoly in the uk.

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
I’ve just tracked it down!! poxy wiggle didn’t have a clue, spoke to the delivery company who said its badly damaged and going back to those muppets at wiggle, suppose they don’t give a shit after buying out crc and having the monopoly in the uk.
that's why i gave up and ordered a canyon instead

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
TBF guys If you're even considering the Canyon The Vitus is probably a more capable bike than you really need anyway.

It's a shame CRC/Wiggle don't also have an option to buy a stronger cardboard bike box for £15
and a £33 shipping option
;)

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
TBF guys If you're even considering the Canyon The Vitus is probably a more capable bike than you really need anyway.

It's a shame CRC/Wiggle don't also have an option to buy a stronger cardboard bike box for £15
and a £33 shipping option
;)
I’m Only considering a canyon because, I’ve bought one before and personally the customer service was good and the bike turned up and didn’t go awol, a 170mm travel bike in the uk is probably a more capable bike than the majority of us need but still nice to have, anyway fingers crossed wiggle sort the shit out and get it sorted pronto ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
personally the customer service was good
You're that guy?

hD1A6540D

Last edited:

Dan31

Mar 16, 2019
Madrid
Ordered one deore Esommet last Sunday (10th)in size S for the wife
12% platinum discount and 200€ less with BIKE44 coupon.
Nice deal I guess.
Wiggle is still processing the order...one week after....
Have read the mess with the damaged deliveries...
I'm based in Spain and I hope they will improve the packaging. Otherwise the shipping it's gonna be freaking expensive for them... I would not hesitate to send it back if it's damaged.
What's the highest compensation you guys got for keeping it? Like 100 quids?

Last edited:

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
Nice deal I guess.
I'm based in Spain (as gtadicto) and I hope they will improve the packaging. Otherwise the shipping it's gonna be freaking expensive for them... I would not hesitate to send it back if it's damaged.
I was offered a 50quid gift voucher. Said it was an insult.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Nice deal I guess.
I'm based in Spain and I hope they will improve the packaging. Otherwise the shipping it's gonna be freaking expensive for them... I would not hesitate to send it back if it's damaged.
I was offered £30 gift voucher but I refused then that same bike sold on eBay for £700 less hahaha

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles