tonyker

Jan 28, 2019
Surrey
Have ridden mine a few times and discovered the other day a 5p sized chip that has been coloured in. Rather annoying. Its on the underside of the top tube half way down.

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
They must have learnt now and offer less, I got £100 from them for a scratch on my forks that was easily rectified
I was offered 50 quid on the 1st 1. told em it was an insult. 2nd bike was packed a bit better than the 1st 1 but the box was opened and the box was damaged leading too damage on the frame.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Whose bike is this then? Saw it at Pedal and Spoke in Peaslake today waiting to get Invisiframed

IMG_4945.jpeg

Stanley

Jan 15, 2019
Stockport
My E Sommet had some damage to the paintwork on delivery... I really wasnt that bothered because I intend to wear the bike out hammering it around the Peak District, and it WILL get marks on it every time I ride it.
Anyway, I thought I'd express my disappointment to Wiggle. They gave me a £300 voucher. Happy days!

In the end, Wiggle had the last laugh... I like the bike that much, I decided to buy a Escarpe 29er to keep it company

Stanley

Jan 15, 2019
Stockport
Mudhuggers front and rear. The extra extension at the front of the rear guard, is an old, cheapo front guard. No particular brand, but it used to live under the fork brace of my old bike.
It keeps most of the crud away from the shock and BB area

Looks rubbish though!

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Yeah. My Capra is possibly the poppiest 170mm bike I've ever ridden (it's super progressive, light and running 26" wheels) but there's nothing (jump wise) I can't match; height or length on the Esommet.

The Capra is way less stable and skips it's way down stuff feeling like it's under way less control (and in a way it is). whereas the Esommet is hard to knock off line and has miles more grip. Launching either off any sort of lip is fine. but they're subtly different.
Like i said, work out the timing, pre-load and pop and ypou'll be golden.

Do you head up to the Tweed Valley at all?
Always up for riding with Ebikes. Especially if you like the steeper/techier trails.

Yes we were going to Glentress this weekend (I prefer Innerleithen) but not Ebikes, however a running race on apparently so going Kirroughtree instead. Won't be taking the Ebike as I'd just spend all day waiting around :).

Yeah a bit better technique is required I think, I'll take it slow and steady and not worry about it as I'll get there eventually.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I really hope they get shipping to NA sorted. I would think they could arrange something with shimano so they could ship the bike without the battery and have the battery shipped within Canada from shimano. Fingers crossed, it’d be one of the best platforms for my area with a few parts changes. Barring that it’ll be a meta power 27 but I’d really like to have at least 160 rear

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yes we were going to Glentress this weekend (I prefer Innerleithen) but not Ebikes, however a running race on apparently so going Kirroughtree instead. Won't be taking the Ebike as I'd just spend all day waiting around :).

Yeah a bit better technique is required I think, I'll take it slow and steady and not worry about it as I'll get there eventually.

Running race won't affect much. I'm heading down to inners tomorrow.

If you're decent at jumping. it'll probably take you less than an hour to figure out the difference between the Sommet and your regular bike. I'd take it somewhere you regularly ride and just spend time jumping. it's a great bike for sessioning/sectioning tracks.

chrispymocha

Jan 21, 2019
South Wales
So, now that I have had this bike for a couple weeks I can now say with confidence it is a great bike. Took it to BPW yesterday and managed 4 full runs on one battery which I think is acceptable (I may have made it up for a 5th but was tired by then anyway).
I find the bike very poppy and playful considering the weight, and it munches through the trails so very happy with my purchase!
Need to see what it's like on some of the local super steep stuff now :)

Atc

Feb 23, 2019
Cheshire
Hey Everyone? I’ve been lurking a little while, thought it was time to join up, say hello and join in.

I bought a new e sommet vr about a month ago now. It is my first bike in a long time but decided it ticked all the boxes given the reviews and info you have all chipped in over the months.

I had problems initially - when mine was pdi’d They didn’t torque the cassette retaining nut and it all kind of ate itself on the first ride! Not a good start but chain reaction took the bike back and fitted a new hope hub?.

I got it back late last week and managed to get out for my first ‘proper’ ride out today.

I am super pleased with how the bike performed. I really found it a revelation. None of this flapping about and cursing in first gear struggling to get up steep hills malarkey ?

I went out with a friend on his non e mtb from the goyt valley near home - didn’t clock the mileage properly, but think it was in the region of 15 maybe 20 miles or so. Ride was a mixture of all sorts and I was really blown away with how the bike rides. The climbs were fine even for me, over what I thought was pretty rough terrain.

We did some faster downhill stuff, some of which was rough loose rock - found it pretty intimidating at first with the bike moving around under me. After a while I started to feel comfier, the bike just grips and was better to let the suspension do its job than fight with it!

Like I said I am not really the right person to be giving advice at the moment, but I can see the benefit of all the bits fitted and would say as a product I am really pleased overall.

I have got loads to learn - I'm going to have a crack at adjusting the suspension this week - I need to try and get it set for me weight wise etc. It was definitely bottoming out today - not sure if this is normal or not?

Thanks to everyone who has commented in the thread - it was a help when choosing the right bike. Hope to meet up with other emtber’s at some point?.

Cheers

Alex

Atc

Feb 23, 2019
Cheshire
Got it - thanks?

Just been out and checked. Forks should be 148 and they were at 50!

Rear should be at 235 and were at 150!

Guess this would explain them bottoming out?

Think I should have read the manuals first!

Atc

Feb 23, 2019
Cheshire
Hey Stan

Yes I live near to bosley cloud, the other side of macclesfield from you.

It was a smashing ride yesterday, couldn’t have asked for a better day for it. As a bonus I found a great butty van just outside Whaley bridge so a proper win win day?

I know macclesfield forest is known as a decent place to ride - are there any other areas / rides you can recommend?

Cheers

Alex

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
Got it - thanks?

Just been out and checked. Forks should be 148 and they were at 50!
Hi,
The Tuning Recomendation tool indicates 148 at 105 kg and above. 148 is the max that the fork allows, so depending how much over 105 kg the rider is the rider may need to inset tokens to change the progression of the fork as it may still bottom out if left in a more linear setup. Interestingly, at 104 kg the tool indicates only 110. I would play around a bit as it seems a massive jump in pressure for 1 kg. I’m certain our more experienced and technical members can help more.

Atc

Feb 23, 2019
Cheshire
Hi,
The Tuning Recomendation tool indicates 148 at 105 kg and above. 148 is the max that the fork allows, so depending how much over 105 kg the rider is the rider may need to inset tokens to change the progression of the fork as it may still bottom out if left in a more linear setup. Interestingly, at 104 kg the tool indicates only 110. I would play around a bit as it seems a massive jump in pressure for 1 kg. I’m certain our more experienced and technical members can help more.

Thanks for the tip. Seems strange for such a difference with a small increase in rider weight. I am probably almost 110 kg all up so a ways over.

I will give it a try this week and adjust from there.

I was going to ask about the rear shock also. I have watched the sag video and this seems to be about right now - I just need to have a play with the rebound to see what works best.

Atc

Feb 23, 2019
Cheshire
I spoke earlier on to my friend I rode with yesterday.

Chatting to him it sounds like he is seriously thinking about buying a vitus or something similar. Think having a bash on mine yesterday must have gone down well.

Like they say don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it !

Perhaps another convert ?he has ridden regular mtbs for many years so just shows the fun factor can win people over!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles